Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 2.0 Faintly different evening

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Vectom, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

KTA 2.0 Faintly different evening

Hi all,
    I know it's a bit weird not seeing Syxx or Det as author of this thread, yet I took the opportunity to say goodbye to KTA-evenings this way. Please, accept my apology, I don't have such great narrative skills, so this will be more or less strict.

Before our session started, we did some NM Baal runs with Syxx (the one with great will to rebirth his cute amazon) to make his char ready to enter hell and play with the rest of us, since KTA-Minx was only on 45th lvl. At half past seven the rest of KTA members appeared with the exception of Row, who loomed up a bit later, and Magnus ("Make-your-weapon-burn") - still don't know the reason. Than suddenly, Det left us. While we were so few, we decided not to continue in our way through hell, though Tloopz (WinnerIsTloopz stucked in my mind :) ) came up with a great idea to make ironman run and we all joyfully aggreed.

Having seen those five little barbs running next to each other was an amusing moment on its own :lol: . But the real fun came indeed shortly after, when we all reached lvl 9, dressed up in identical gear, hostiled each other and began the fight. I didn't stop laughting until the winner turned up (needless to say that he had 1 life left after that slaughter). We did another ironman after (this time with assassins) but I wasn't in the right mood to finish it, so I left. Could someone else recount it, please?

Even though it wasn't a typic KTA evening it was a great fun once again...

Now for my confession:

I told you already that KTA-Solid is recently my only char in 1.10 to play with. Since I've abandoned all my other accounts and wanted to keep this one, not taking out the tag or whatever, I've given up all the items I had on previous chars to collect the best ones for barb. From that time, I used him for shuttleing, helping friends, doing ancients, mfing...whatsoever.

Since I didn't know the consequences of playing a twinked char in KTA for last couple of sessions, I pitty that I ever did such thing, though it's too late now. Especially when speaking to Det, I felt like I lost my spirit and sold my soul...and I am sorry for that. You all stayed loyal to KTA rules and I admire you for it. I was happy to fight my dedicated-to-be-the-best barb side by side with your brave-even-if-naked chars. Thank you.

Hope I'll catch you online later to experience another tons of freakish fun with you all - out of KTA this time - 'cause I'm telling you - it aren't the words KTA what's doing it faultless - it's YOU, people...and it's constantly harder to come across such honourable ones as you are. Please, keep that in mind.

Yours sincerely

Vect

2. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

First it wasnet me that suggested the IRONMAN it was HAM, but i can take the credit...no problems :lol:

And what i can get out of your post Vectom are that this is a godbye? I was hoping that we got a better solution for you. If it is a godbye then good luck and take care. It was fun playing with you. You can always /w me when im online.

//Tloopz

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm, yes I left (suddenly) because a friend from school who I had not seen for 2 months turned up and we watched Germany beat Croatia on telly. Sorry, RL interfering..I just couldn't turn him down..been knowing that friend longer than my wife.

Vectom, it is really hard to explain and talk about a severe issue like that while whispering online (or using the "!" command). It's true, that I was disappointed by what you did, especially since I always thought our KTA rules (all 4 of them ) are pretty straight forward.
    But as I said, I think admitting to your mistake takes great courage and I honor that. I was really sad, seeing how obviously heartbroken you were.

Like Tloopz, I hope we figure out a way that you can stay with us, prove your sincerity by accompaning us untwinked thru hell. I think you will see that it is even more rewarding to beat hell untwinked than twinked.

More from me later

4. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi KTA-Solid and others.

Regardless of how this all turns out, Solid will always bring a smile to Minx's face:) With 2 recent deaths of Minx, and some fast rebuilding needed, Solid was the man to help out. I thank you for your time and effect.

As Solid mentioned, he did a little bit twinking which is not the way of KTA. We all really like Solid as a person and player, so we spent last night searching for a solution, which would preserve the KTA principals but allow Solid to adventure with our group.

Our proposed solution is Solid removes his twinked items to his stash for offical KTA games, and in all other games he wear whatever he likes. We really hope this is acceptable to all involved, especially Solid ...

Last night started with only 6 players, Necro, Druid, Paly, Barb, Sin and Zon. Our sin then had an unexpected real life visitor, so he needed to bailed. As mentioned previous, Minz (level 60'ish) the melee zon, died during last Mondays session, so after some fast rebuilding, she was level 56 just requiring the death of Baal to to get to Hell.... so a quick 5 man party did exactly that ... toasted Baal in nightmare.

We then started a Hell game, and a did a little Den action, to see how tough it was for half a KTA team (Barb remained in town). Damned hard was the verdict. Minx with her crappy resis of 40, -45, -29, -45 is certainly not ready for Hell, especially as a melee character, so she's turned into a Javazon throwing spears while hiding amougst our necros skellies :) Much rather hide behind a big chunky barb than skinny little skeleton (hint, hint, Solid)

Once the Den was cleared, we decided we were not ready for adventuring in Hell, so we'll wait til next Monday and a full KTA team.

Instead, we decided to relax and have some fun by killing each other. A couple of KTA members are Duellist / PvPers so they convinced the rest of us to turn to the Dark Side :) We all started brand new Barb which we levelled up to 9, then we dumped everything we had found, and each of us was given the same set of basis equipment. It was then of to the Blood Moors for all verse all killing spree. Funniest Diabo thing I have tried in ages. (We looked like a bunch of agents Smiths from the Matrix ... 5 identical Barbs runnng around). I was actually sitting at my PC laughing so much watching fight develope on my screen, that I ended up having differculties staying alive. I was the 2nd to die. Finally 1 barb was left .... bit like the Highlander ... "There can be only one" ... and the 'one' certainly wasn't me.

Next we made a new game, with brand new Sins. Again we levelled them up to 9, and again we dumped all found equipemt, and were given a standard set of 'crap' to wear. Of to the Blood Moor to kill each other again. This time I was was the 1st to die (I really am a PvMer at heart). Eventually we got down to our ast 2 Sins battleing it out. We were all really surprised at how long a fight can last, even when no heath / rejuv bottles are allowed. In fact we were starting to wonder how on earth a PvP or PKer actually manages to kill anyone at all. The above duel lasted at least 5 mintues ... more than enough time to run away.

People, last night was a blast ... Haven't laughed so much is quite a while. I thanks you all for a great time.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

5. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

I can't agree more, i was laughing out loud sitting in front of my computer. But the evening was full with split feelings. On one side Joy of the trill of a kill, witch for me was a totally new experience (and no I’m not going to start pk:ing) and on the other side the sadness over Solid; what has been done and above all now the result of the action.

Let me tell you o short story about a little pretty Sorci, A long time ago when she was still very young, and hade just started adventuring in the wilderness with a group of new friends, she found out that she hade an ability to call up on fire to defend herself and her friends. As she grow in experience hunger for power started to spread like poison in her veins, She felt that she needed more power to protect and help her friends, at least that’s what she told her self. But the truth was that she wanted POWER, wanted to be all she could be. And then on day in the dessert she found a merchant and this merchant looked thru her eyes right into her soul and saw that burning craving for power. He told her he had just the thing she needed. An ancients staff of un origin with 3 sockets and +3 to fireball. He told her that if she puts the 3 three rare runes in a specific order in the staff she would get an item of immense power. With the need for power raging in her veins she accepted the merchants offer and paid the merchant everything se owned for the staff. Now she hade the staff and all she needed were the runes. And this is where the craving for power took over and she did the unspeakable, she called upon a friend of here late master and asked for her help. She wanted the staff and did not consider the consequences of her actions. The person agreed to help her and in memory of the late master, agreed to give her the runes she so badly wanted. The young sorci promptly put the runes into the staff and behold the staff really did turn into an item of unbelievable power. Using this staff nothing could stand in here way to fame and glory. No monster could withstand her raging fury and promptly sent loads of monsters into oblivion.

Now what is the point of the story, you ask. Well it explains how I broke the rules with KTA-Silvervixen in the beginning of KTA 1. All I did was mule in some very common runes that we would have gotten in act 5 anyway (well almost). But I did brake the rules, that we all agreed upon, and I was forced to put the staff into the stash and not use it before we hade found all the runes. Witch we did in act 5. Still used the staff on occasion in act 5 Hell. But rules are rules and we all have to live by them. Muling has happened before and it will probably happen again in the future with new members. But this is not a reason to stop playing in KTA. If this Vect is your final decision, I will honor it. And I hope we can still play together out of the official Monday and Wednesday games. But please do reconsider your decision. We would miss you as a friend but the party would also miss KTA-Solid. I just want you to consider all the consequences of your actions.

My two cents,

Vix

6. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Vix,

I really do like your writing style ... wish I had your way with words.

I too have a confession to make. KTA-Minx is nolonger untwinked ... she wears the following hacked items ...

1/ (PBPQR) Plated Bra of Protection from Quill Rat quills. (cause of 1st death)
    2/ (MWQDAK) Machine Washable Quick Dry Armoured Knickers ... for those untimely bowel movements whenever Obsidian Mages start IM'ing (cause of 2nd death)

Regards Minx ...

(Goddamn .... those armoured underclothes really do chafe, especially the frilly metal lace bits)

7. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Mate everyone makes mistakes - and it's the admitting them that is the hard part - that's what I find anyway (Dammit I'm always right :rant: ) so as far as I'm concerned there is no way I want you to leave, or indeed feel forced out of the KTA group. I know the reason I played with an untwinked group - and I'm sure everyone else has their reasons but one of the best things about KTA is meeting people you can trust online.

What anyone does with their characs when not playing in KTA is their own business - and if you only have 1 charac I can see your point in wanting to have a soloable (new word), hence tweaked character when not with the backup of the whole party. However I would say that when playing with the group stck to the crud the rest of us are wearing - and take your chances with us.

If you want an MF Barb I would have no problem PAing a charac for you if you like - I'm sure most of the group would feel like this the you can tag him TTD (twinked to death) or anything you like, also you wouldn't have a chance of going and dieing on us when playing solo!(has been done before I hear).

The fact you feel bad about what you did says enough for me - stay with us Solid and don't even think of leaving my virtually 0 VIT Pally in Hell without a BO to rely on (smelly barb anyone) - that would destry the team as far as I'm concerned - For me it is we all play or nothing - I'm quite happy to sit out the rest of this KTA season as I don't want to continue with such dampened spirits like this anyways - playing in a team is all about sticking together not throwing someone out who cocked up - otherwise I would have been calling for your retirement when you hit the exploding shrine on Monday.

On a lighter note I had great fun with the assasin Ironman yesterday - I don't know what possesed me to try a 6%block trappasin at level 9 - but I hope I gave you enough of a run for you money:)

Look forward to hearing the thoughts of the rest of the group - don't get stressed, as the name says

Chill

8. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

And to say that i spared your pala yesterday, next time i'll have his ear. :lol:

9. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

That Matrix thing made me love on Wednesday and now again even more :lol: ...and watch out for my lovely Minx (and her new underwear).

That's the point of it all...

Yes, it is my final decision but it's still "only" a goodbye to KTA 2.0 evenings, not to you people. I've learned something (read "a lot") from this and I'll be happy, if you won't mind, to join KTA 3.0 somewhen in the future, probably for the next ladder rush...

I'll attentively watch your way through hell here. Show them no mercy! Wish you luck.

Vect

10. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

K Vectom, see you around.

11. det

det IncGamers Member

Okay..I am known in real life as a guy with a slight problem in his personality. I just can't let things lie..even if I should. So..maybe this is going to upset you (specially Vec), but I hope not.

Bottomline is: we were disappointed by you twinking your barbarian, Vec. But we offered a solution to this that works for all sides. You don't lose your face and we others get a way to play still in KTA spirit.

Now you decide to abandon the party in hell, taking your playing skills, your RL personality and your barbarian skills of stunning, zerking, shouting and battle ordering with you. We are deprived of a vital part. To me this is rather letting us down a second time.

I understand the reasons why you twinked, but what I don't understand is why you have to punish us for it?

I know you have given us reason why you leave...they just don't click with me (meaning..they do not sound reasonable)

Syxx might be the more mature person in this by letting the issue rest and move on with a different thread...I just can't

12. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Det,

Mature, me .... nah, probaby not ... more like old ... 41 years old :)

I can understand your frustration, Det .... but Solid has made his chioce, and rather than argue with him over it ... I'll try and find us an alternative solution.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

(Even at 41, her zon-butt is still looks good. Better appreciate it now, cos soon it'll be covered in full plate armour)

13. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hi Vectom!
    I just want to say that it was a pleasure to play with you :)

Even though I wasn't there when you quit, I have gotten the story told to me and I've read your post, so I think I have a good picture of it.

The moment the fun is gone and you can't enjoy yourself and relax infront of the screen, that's the moment to quit.

You have simply done so, and KTA[2.0] lost a very nice player and friend :)

But I hope we can have other games coming up in the future, outside of KTA[2.0] (maybe KTAT[3.0] KillThemAllTwinked) soon. I just wait for Syxx or det to start a summary of last night and you'll see what I talk about. Good damn, was that a mess :lol:

C U online /Magnus

14. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

I hope you got some good Pics Magnus:)

Chill

15. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Yepp :)
    Got one of you with a whole bunch of minions chasing you. I can safely say it's the last pic of DivineWrath alive :lol:

16. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

I mailed some pics to you magnus.......

//Tloopz

17. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Got them :)

Very seldom has a KTA-moment been this thoroughly documented :lol:

If Syxx or det doesn't get the last story going in an hour or two, I write the last chapter...

/Magnus

18. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

I think you should do it Magnus, The grand finale...

Det is on a on a worktrip so he won't be able to,where Syxx is i have no idea but i can't wait...:D

19. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Ok, I give it a go!
    If Syxx or det writes one too, we'll simply have two ends :)

You have to have patience though, this might take half an hour or so...

/Magnus

20. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Ahh, Syxx is here, be my guest to start it off Syxx :)

Otherwise, just tell me to start...