Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 2.0 Dipping our toe into Hell

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 2.0 Dipping our toe into Hell

Hi All,

Last night we started by finishing a couple missing quests in Nightmare for one of our Pallys who missed them in the last session. We started with 5 players, Sorc, Pally, Necro, Sin and a Zon and began with an Anya run. We had to take things rather slower than normal since we were missing our BO Barb and our Oak Druid.

Anya got rescued, so it was of to Ancients. Again a bit nervous with no BO and Oak, but the 3 stooges fell fairly easily. As our Necro pointed out, skellies with Fanatism and Might are a handfull for the 3 goons to handle. However my theory is that the 3 lads were so busy admiring my cute little zon-butt that they forgot to defend themselves.

Then we found our Pally was also missing Heph rune quest from Act 4, so we zipped over there and took him out. I didn't see what rune dropped.

Then it was back to Act 5 where we did a Blood run. Even with ranged spear-chuckers against us, we plowed through the run without much in the way problems. We then decided to go after Baal for the quest. Again, no serious problem for us, as we took it slow, relatively speaking that is ... well, slow for KTA at least.

Basically by now we had finsihed all quests in Nightmare, and found all WPs. Then we decided to start a Hell games so we could all freak out over our crappy resists. Yes, Minx the spearzon, took the biscuit with the magnificant resist figures of 15 / -49 / -55 / -22. Hard to tell how bad that really is without actually fighting a monster, so we decide to check out Den, just to see. Well we get the first quest, with some conservative playing.

Then our 2nd Pally arrived, the charger ... so we made a new Nightmare game and did Baal again... and somewhere along the line, our enchantress sorc leaves, calling it a night.

We end up deciding to do the Den in Hell again, so the chargedin can be at the same level as the rest of us. Our trapper zon is away for a few minutes, but that doesn't stop the Neco, 2 pallys and Zon from heading off for the Den again.

Uhmm ... again don't quite know what happended next, but Minx got taken out again. Yes indeed, lost 780 life in the twinkling on an eye. The final blow was delivered by a quill rat of all things, (can they really take out 780 life with 1 hit ?). One of the other party members stated there was a boss in the vicinity, but I never got the chance to see what mods it had.

Oh well, dying happens, but this death should not have happened, because I really should not have been playing in Hell, with the equipment I currently had. Untwinked without a shield and minus resists really is suicide in Hell ... and I knew this ... but for the sake of the party I went along anyway... so the death really is my fault. Taking on Hell monsters.... before our Necro had a chance to summon his minions was silly, but without our BO Barb and Oak Druid ... it was even sillier to venture into Hell at all !

Having said all that, I was very happy with my spearzon. In Normal and Nightmare she was a viable build even without being twinked. Yes it did help to be part of an excellent party, but she could hold her own in most situations. They only problem was a few nasty boss mods, she needed to avoid, or swap over to a throwing weapon. However I really did want to make a melee zon ... not a Javazon.

Well, don't dispair .... after some encouragement from the others KTA-Minx has been reborn. Yes, she's still a zon, and yes she has a great big spear. If she reaches the beginning of Hell by next Monday, she will rejoin the team. right now she is level 18 and just got the staff from Maggots.

However this time round, I will not be maxing Fend ... instead I will use my spear and the chain lightening skill (the name has slipped my mind) which will be my main attack in Normal and Nightmare. For Hell I will max Lightening Fury ... and not mess around meleeing until I get alot better equipment.

Who looted my cruel pike ? What level do I need to use it ? If I can get this back on my zon, the rebuild should go alot quicker.

Anyway ... as usual it was a pleasure adventuring with you all last night. Sorry if I dampened the evening by dying :)

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

2. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

No problem Minx, just /w and we'll give you some help getting back to the rest of us. I am on today during the day, so just say the word.

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Syxx, as usual you did a great job of summing it up - with all the glory and unease we felt last night. Can't tell you how happy we are to have you back...we were afraid you might just be too frustrated to rebuild.

Needless to say, tonight after 21:00 CET or Friday/Saturday/Sunday, I will be online and KTA_Blutmond would be more than happy to accompany Minx new incarnation. (If you answer to messages this time that is ;) )

More from me later...

4. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Auch, not fun to hear that we had a death last night!

I was a bit worried when our Barb and Druid couldn't show up. I just hope that you were not one of those with 95 statpoints to be distributed ;)

Good to hear though that you're back on track Syxx :)

As for last night, I had to leave early, but I very much enjoyed myself up to that part. Here are a short briefing of last night:

On the way to our Pala's NMForge quest. I like this pic, one of the last pics featuring KTA-Minx, our MeleeAma as well:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/LastOfNM/KTA-2_King_Of_The_Hill.jpg

Go UM, Go UM, Go UM:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/LastOfNM/KTA-2_NM_Forge.jpg

As the ghost fly off in the distance (very cool idéa Blizz), we end up with:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/LastOfNM/KTA-2_Hellforge_Ghosts.jpg

NM Ancient went down smooth (we all had 690-900 life IIRC):
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/LastOfNM/KTA-2_Korlic_Are_So_Dead.jpg

And the final chapter of NM:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/LastOfNM/KTA-2_BaalTime.jpg

After this I joined in for the first venture into hell and The Den. My res are around +5%, not good but not a disaster either...

Then I got a call from a friend and had to leave you guys quite early, but next time I hopefully be there all the way :)

Good luck rebuilding Syxx, I'll see you all online /Magnus (MeleeSorc)

5. det

det IncGamers Member

No no, that was me. With Ancients Pledge now, I have close to Max resists in hell.

6. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Det,

No, all stat points were used, but I did have 19 skill points I was planning to place in Lightening Fury ... but never got a chance to.

KTA-Minx is now level 31, and Baal running in normal. Thanks for the help last night. Not sure if I'll get much time after work today to go levelling, but I'll try, otherwise I'll catchup over the weekend.

Already I am better of, having obtained a manald ring from Baals smoking corpse. Also have a new pair of boot, Cthons. I have most of my old gear back expect for the pike.

My resistances are looking alot better ... Duh, still in normal :)

Regards Syxx

7. det

det IncGamers Member

I sure hope Silver will post here..I know he had a few days off, because he was ill - maybe the flu took him down badly.

I will be online today and over the weekend to test my new assassin and see if HAM's theory about a kicker not working will actually prove right. I could not find the thread here on the forum, and the assassin guides over at the other forum don't say anything about a problem. At the moment I use sth like 200 damage from Venom, lv 10 DS and Dragon Talon at 5 kicks with 50% CB. So in theory, while my damage is not that high, CB and DS are supposed to help out. At least on my Baalrun today it seemed to work...and yesterday night I joined a Pubbie in Acts 1 and 2 and even when I was finding quiet spots for myself to test my killing power, I found that I could handle monsters in NM in 8ppl games.

Anyhow..that is off KTA and has nothing to do with Blutmond. Now I regret a bit having not invested all out Fire tree, because you go Lightning, Syxx. Would have given us a second elemental attack. Ah..no problem, we just have a doubly powerful lightning skill and Rows conviction will remove 90% of LI. Everybody also has high enchant from Magnus, so I am actaully looking into investing 1 ogf my many points into Blade Shield. Loads of Fire damage on fast blades..hm hm...even if I don't kill with it, it gives me the feeling I contribute in LI situations, where conviction does not work. :lol:

Should be no problem to find a KTA memeber that helps you quickly thru Nm and then Baal runs until 65..even up to 70+

8. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Det,

Sorry about this. I was intending to be a Fendzon, but Fend just didn't seem to have the killing power, whereas Lightening Strike was much more effective. Since I'm still going to have resist problems in Hell, unless I get some amazing drops / items in the meantime, I will be using Lightening Fury. Both LS and LF are synergies for each other, whereas Fend has no synergies at all... so I intend to max both LS and LF. I plan to use LS as much as possible, and LF when things get abit hairy.... like Hell :)

Regards Syxx

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh no..nothing to be sorry about :)

If I'd planned my character a bit better, I could now max both fire traps as well and use DS for synergie...its just that the lightning tree seemed so powerful and I figured in an 8 ppl game I need all the synergies I can get. Having 2 lightning killers in our group is really no problem..we gonna put up a great lightshow, especially when you get LF maxed AND put some +skills on top of that.

10. HAMC8112

Hi Det,
    it's not my theory, i had read it here on the forum, not sure what thread it was, think it was some duel or pk thread or something. It was stated there iirc that dragon talon and kicking did not work togetter, the kickdmg just was'nt there.

Ohh VIx: Wasnt that pike way to slow for you?

11. det

det IncGamers Member

Ah well...would be just my run of luck if this sin is the next character I abandon in hell :lol:

One thing is for sure..the elemental damage of Venom does not display with the kick damage on screen..I only know it because monsters flash green before they die (and I have no other poison source).

The damage from the kicks is really low, indeed..and only goes up to 138 % at lv 20 or so. That's why the idea behind this build would be get as much CB as possible (I can have 75% now) and load up on elemental damage (Firelizzard claws, yummy). MB stuns the pack, converts a few. The 7/2/2/2/2 kickspeed drops the first monster fast, (3 of the kicks should trigger CB, at least 2 should carry Venom then a couple of DS for area damage.

Pure traps are probably less bothersome to play, but I play that build in KTA ;)

12. HAMC8112

If you are on today, /w me i know where the fireliz claw is.

13. det

det IncGamers Member

Wow, that's just great..so you do not use it at all?

What do you use on your assassin (equipmentwise?)

Hope Syxx will show up, then I can bring my assassin in and we can cover NM together.

Later

14. HAMC8112

I'm wearing Bartuc's and Pdiamond moser's. If you would need the +skills from Bartuc's i think i have another one.

15. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, I think of playing dual claw. I never get my dex high enough for full block, but I can get 50% on claw block and it works against elemental attacks and while running. That way I would have several +skills from Jade Talon and Firelizzard.

At the moment I use STRENGTH on the main hand and +2 all skills on the other..not sure if Bartucs would help that much more...but a kind offer from you that I could use up to lv 66.

Figured you use Mosers, when I saw you with the small shield yesterday ;)

16. HAMC8112

Well the Bartuc's give +2 all and 1 martial iirc +strenght and + vita or dex, not sure, anyway ill show them so you can choose.

17. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about your death Syxx, put good to hear your rebuilding. As Syxx sead i've hade quite a nasty Flue going on this week. Started to feel it on Monday, and still to day i feel really weak and powerless. Everything i do seems to require quite an effort.

This was what got me on Wednesday. I was planning on joining you but i was feeling tired so i thought i take a 2 hour nap before we begin, and ended up sleeping for 14 hours...which probably was a good thing.

On another note I’ve been playing way to much lately and have decided to cut back on my DII time a lot. It’s starting to affect my real life, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be on. If i decide i have to stop all together, I’ll give you my accounts to all my accounts. But I’m not quite there jet. Time will tell. I will probably log on sometime during the weekend for some fun :)

Vix

18. det

det IncGamers Member

Ah..forgot about the str bonus..never can have enough of it as a sin...

Guillaumes, 115str
    Natalyas armour 149
    Myrmidon Greaves 196 (not like they will drop too soon)

19. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh man..didn't think it would be that bad.

great you have recovered and nice to have done a few Baal runs with you. Hope you don't decide to resign. Cut back again, maybe... but don't leave ;)

20. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Hey Syxx, sorry for your lost, please accept my condolence...on the other side I'm happy to have young meat in the party again :teeth:

Vix, you don't mean it, do you? Please, remain loyal at least to KTA - 6 hours a week isn't that much(?) :scratch:

Btw, I found a couple of nice items while exping Solid and his merc on NM baal and since I have no use for them, I'll drop 'em all during next session...

Looking forward to see you all on Monday!

Vect