Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA [2.0] Baal gets a good whacking (sort of)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by det, Feb 10, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

KTA [2.0] Baal gets a good whacking (sort of)

Morning everybody

Checking the forums, no new thread by Syxx, so I guess I'll take over for today.

Yesterdays game was plainly great. True KTA spirit. After all the discussions (yours truly being No. 1 on the complaining) we really showed the monsters in act 5 what a force KTA is.

Started off with 6 players, Minx, Solid, KillThemAll, VixVenom, Imperator and Blutmond. Runner was not able to play at all and DivineWrath late (no surprise here) ;)

We did our Hellforge quest and actually found an UM along with PUL, SHAEL, IO...etc. Not a bad start.
    Then we just breezed thru all the quests of act 5. I have hardly ever seen a faster bloodrun. It seemed like monsters were commiting suicide in front of our wave of power. As we reached Anya, we opened a TP in case Row joined and continued to find the Arreat Summit. Finally our Conviction Paladin came and killing improved even more. Anya was saved and it was time to face the SCARY NM Ancients.

Well, Magnus will put pictures up to show how it went. Lets just say we never got around to read all the mods :lol:

Since Vectom cannot join on Wednesday, he killed Baal alone, created games for us and we did a few "First_Drop" Baal runs...without much sucess.

Finds of the day: Sigons belt, Lycanders aim, Moonfall...anything else?

Close calls of the day: I think Minx had a few..but since I toggle portraits off for a better overview, I could not see how close they were. Care to share?

Well, kinda on the short side here, but I guess it just goes to show how smooth and full of harmony our outing was. Kudos to us all :clap:

2. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Hi all! Nice too hear that everything went good. I was not able to join cuz my connection was down AGAIN! Start to be very anoying. I have not got back the connection yet so it seems that its a big error somewhere at Telia. I spoke to them yesterday and they sad that it will take 2-3 days to fix it if im lucky and it is the wrong thing they belive. If not i can be without connection alot longer. I really hope i have it back (working this time) before we start tomorrow. If i get it earlier i may /w some KTA player for some help with missing quest and lvls.

//Tloopz

PS. I really want to be there when you starts on HELL but if im not able to come on wednesday its not much i can do.....then GL on HELL!!

3. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi All,

Thanks Det for the post ... this morning I had some urgent security problems to solve at work, that I only now I have a few minutes to post.

Yes, last night was fun ... and the killing fast. My spearzon is a nerve racking character to play. With crappy resists and no shield I should be taking it alot more carefully, but with the cruel pike I purchased from Laz last night, I couldn't help myself. I had to get out there and stomp some monsters with the lead players. Most of the time it wasn't a problem, but occassionaly a boss monster would explode when dying, and my life would flash before my eyes. One particularly scary instance was when a CE / FE boss died and I lost over 3/4 of my life.

The second near death experience, was my fault. I got separated from the party in worldstone level 2. Checking the party map I saw the rest of the team had made it to level 3, so I went to town and saw our lead Barb had a TP on 3. I took it without checking that it was safe. The was between 10-20 monsters around it when little old me suddenly appeared. My valkyra and merc died in less than a second, and I took a couple of good hits, emptying most of my life, before I coud burst out of the surrounding monsters, drink a rejuv, put up a decoy, run to a clear area, place a TP and get to town. I was un-BO'ed at the time which certainly didn't help.

Talk about a wildly beating heart ... this was the closest I've come to dying and we haven't even reached Hell .... yet.

I think we met the worse possible combination of monsters last night. In the Icy Cellar (Hmm, I wonder how many people actually visit this offshoot of the Glacier Trail ?) we had the pleasure of fighting dolls and gloams. Minx did some serious drinking here, to keep her life bottle full at all times.

Catch you all on Wednesday

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh man, we need to find you some gear. I have loads of gold..maybe gamble for an armour? We have Sigons with 30 light res..would that not help? Or a Lore circlet? I currently wear a 200 def, 20 fire, 20 light res armour...maybe it would be better on you than on me?

Shame that the Lycanders that we found yesterday was an AIM, not a FLANK.

Tloopz, great that you are at leat online to post here. No internet cafes at your place if all goes ill on Wednesday?

I did some cubing today, keeping 2 runes in reserve of every one that we have available (no point in cubing them all and be stuck for an ETH if anyone needs a RHYME shield). Gem mule is filling up nicely as well. Anyone in need now for a Rhyme shield or Stealth armour?

5. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Sry to say but i live in a small town without any internet cafes.. :hanky: and now im at work.

//Tloopz

6. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

I feel for you - I went through the same tp and was taken to the cleaners:) -I did take out three or four of the critters before I decided this was bad news!

I was just typing Dont use TP when you jumped through:(

Moral of the tale - don't take tp's unless someone says they are safe :rant:

Anyways - I was a bit dubious of my avengers killing power - and although he is slow with one hit at a time the damage is actually quite good - about 1200-1500 before enchant (using the moonfall jagged star thingie) and if we find some really good damage weapons in hell I will be rocking!

Resists still aren't up to much - but they are all positive since doing the Anya quest - I'm not looking froward to hell without some serious rearranging of equip.

Anyway thx for a good game and TLoopz I still need a few quests to catch up so message me if you get your connection sorted:)

Chill

7. det

det IncGamers Member

Me again...

I plan to be online today, at least from s.th like 18:00 to 21:00 CET, maybe then again after 22:30. Plenty of time to catch up on KTA quests and hopefully somebody wouldn't mind helping to get my lv 13 character from act 1 to Baal in normal and to lv 25-30 on the way.

Like I said, we have loads of gems...if nothing else helps, Ancient Pleadge or just plain RAL ORT THUL socketed crowns can help with the resists. If anyone of us is now barely in the positives, it's gonna hurt on Wednesday in hell. Maybe a few more runs thru Worldstone Keep/Crystaline/Ancients way?

8. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

An thx for the game las night. It was fuuun. I hade my an encounter with the very same TP. Tookit and, Holy S**t totaly swarmed. Managed to run away trom the monsters and started to type a worning about the TP. Looked up from my keybord and notisec there were about 30 kritter bounding my 3500 life orb, and it did not have moe than a sliver of red left. Time to get out of here and quite the game...

Really close call...

Oh doing some baal runs right now...

Vix

9. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Maybe coolaid can spare the time tonite, exept for when your char is a pala, in that case i'll hostile you or better yet tp you in to a bosspack! :lol:

Joking ofcourse... Is the new char in your regular acc? If not add xenomoon16. Cu tonite.

10. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hi everyone!
    Nice to see you Tloopz, we missed you last night :)

I can't do other than agree with you all. We had a lot of fun yesterday, a good team game in true KTA-spirit.

And as for hell, we need to get our res fixed. I have numbers around 5-15. They are in positives in NM, but will be terrible in Hell!

Maybe start off wednesday with a mule game, go through our runes/jewels and see what we can socket to boost our life/res.

I have a 4-sock plate for ex. that could use 4 Prubies, and a 3-sock helm for gems/runes. We can also look for 3-sock shields to make the Ral, Ort, Tal rune word.

We were slaughtering our way so fast yesterday I had a hard time getting monsters in picture :lol:
    The talk in this pic is a good resume of last night. We could not believe how fast it went, didn't even get the mods on all of them...

http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/KTA-2_NM_Ancient_Record.jpg

C U wednesday /Magnus

11. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

oh did u know that NM Baal can drop that unique Shako thingy...i sure as hell diden't. But i know now :D What else can he drop, well i'll find out soon enough...

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Silver, I hate you lucky bast :D

13. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Hi, I add my 2 cents. The spirit of the night was already described as well as the killing speed, that's why I only say: true KTA. Love ya guys :thumbsup:

Btw, I'm really sorry for that TP. It seems that the whole party went down it in that 10 seconds of destiny. I just wanted to try that I-BO-I-run thing, since our sorcie was off already. Though, those huge packs of Oblivion Knights and Succubs (amp on me) sliced up my life like butter, so I immediately tried to click on full rejuv slot but accidentaly it was a hotkey for TP...well, in this cases always wait for "SAFE" message plz.

Btw, I found wizzy on nm baal while doing the quest (no mf).

I wish you good luck on We evening. CU on Monday!

Vect

14. det

det IncGamers Member

Hey, you got quite lucky there ;)

Do we say 19:30 now as a regular time, in which case I am looking forward to see, catch up on Rows and Tloopz missing quests and kill Baal a few times. (Maybe try the first drop thing? With 50 MF or less it has ´been working great in Silvers non_KTA games)