Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 11 recruiting

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by eurymone, May 2, 2005.

1. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

KTA 11 recruiting

After successful beating of Nihlathak tonite, we announce end of 10th edition of KTA. Congratulations to all living guardians: Det, Aerath, Nexexplo, Zt0 (rebuilt char) and Paddle. Waflob and me died, but attended with other characters.

Therefore, we form 11th KTA edition!! If you have time on mondays and wednesdays from 20.00 to 22.00, are on HC ladder Europe, don't cheat and want to have a good time - join!!! Our goal is to reach the guardian status untwinked - no muling or trading, mf'ing allowed to some extent ;)

So far we have the following people interested (IIRC):

-Aerath as CL sork
    -Nexexplo as WW barb
    -me-Eurymone as wind druid
    -Paddle
    -Waflob
    -Zt0
    -Phatman - as he mentioned in one of previous threads
    -Det as visiting guest in case we're not 8 ;)

So basically we've one place left^^Hurry!
    And let know what chars will you play ppl.

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

I wish I could join! :( If I lived in Europe I would, but 20 - 22 in Europe is around 3 - 4 here, wish is impossible for me to make it. :( I get home from school around 3:30, hehe.

Good luck,
    Lucky

3. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

MEMEMEMEME!

id love to join up, been playing some hc lately, in priv games only. would love to try playing with a dedicated team, so sign me up

ill think abit about what char and return with choice :)

4. PhAtMaN

PhAtMaN IncGamers Member

I'm interested, but forgot it was europe...what would the time zone diiference be for US eastern. Is it something like 6 hours?

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

depends on if you play gmt or not. (it doesnt tell)
    but somewhere between 6 and 8 hours should be it. (daylight saving time at least here in sweden means gmt+2)

hoho, hulla is running at it! hulla is a nice guy! and no, he doesnt pay me for telling :D

6. PhAtMaN

PhAtMaN IncGamers Member

i could make 6-7 hour difference. Meaning 3 or 4 eastern. 3:30 is a perfect time but I'm not sure of your times over in europe.

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

We're talking GMT+1 in our time zone.

Iirc, east is GMT-5 (unless you guys mucked up with DST again...)

That would make it 2 PM to 4 PM for you.

Do test the server first though, as it wouldn't be the first time we had an american join up only to leave us shortly after due to 2k ping rates etc.

8. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

hmmm, let's see ...
    Lite sorc and windy already gone. How about either a meteorb sorc (cheesy, but I've never really done sorcs), or a boner (using my favourite class, the necromancer) ?

Both 'cower at the back of the bunch like craven cowards' chars

Ok - I'd prefer to do the boner, but will happily do the meteorb (or anything else), depending on the other party builds

When do we start (not that I'm impatient or anything ...)

DelBoy

9. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Oooeeeeh

Hi Hulla :D

I'm intrested in joining, but I'll have to see if I'll be able to make it every monday and wednesday. My dad is in this BF1942 clan, and they have trainings at 20.00 too, so I gotta check if I can get on my pc at those times ...

PS: preffered characters are barbs, but I can play anything. Yes, even untwinked, and art that seems to fade away on B.net ^_^

PPS: Hulla is smelly !

HoD

10. zt0

zt0 IncGamers Member

I don't think that I can participate in next season. :/
    Reason: work. :(
    I dont want to say Im in for next season and just show up half of the times. Thats no fair to u guys.
    Good Luck to next team.

11. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

I don't know what is up with the spell checker here. Lots of harmless 4 letter words get censored, such as ****, ****, **** and even ****. The most horrible 4 letter word (i.e. work) gets through !!

But seriously, heavy downer man. Hoped you'd be able to make it.

DelBoy

12. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Drats, looks like a spot opened up... also looks like it got taken before it even arrived !

And you're more than welcome to go with a Necro, Waflob. SummonBoner ? (Grab a White Wand and yer set basically... ;P)

We're slated to start next Monday.

HoD - Thought you'd be picking a Necromancer ;)
    Welcome to play if you're sure that you can attend.

13. hulla-hop

well, thought about chars and ive narrowed it down to about three chars atm...standard bo/ww-barb, trap-assa or an amazon with freezin/strafe and lit fury as we progress. could also do a melee pala of some sort, altho im not too aware of what builds there are other than zealots.

heh, that was 4 i think....what do you guys reckon?

PS: lorven is nice, HoD smells like a nab :p

14. Herald of Doom

Yuck, necros :uhhuh:

Characters I have the most experience with (IMPORTANT: this is all softcore, I'm new to HC):

- Barbs. Untwinked, Classic/LoD, 1 h/2h, pvp/pvm, ww/berserk/frenzy/conc/warcries, low budget/high budget. You name it, I've made it. Only common barb build I've never made is a wolfbarb, but because that requires Wolfhowl that won't be a problem :p

- Paladins: zealots, smiters, fohdins, avengers, v/ts. Mostly pvp builds, but I did make a HC zealot in 1.09. He died at lvl 40 or something...

-Assasins: Made a couple MA sins in 1.09. Just made my first 1.10 trapsin, a HC assasin called "Lu_Tse" for all the Pratchett fans

-Sorcies: I've made all the mf and pvp builds, but I'm not especially good or bad with'em

-Druids: fury, fury/rabies and rabies. Not familiar at all with windies, but that doesnt matter since there's already one of those ;)

-Amazon: lots of 1.09 experience, only zon I made in 1.10 is a WWS strafer.

-Necromancer: Made a highbudget pvp bonenecro. Thats about it.. And you can't really compare a decked out bone necro with an untwinked one.

Bottom line is, i'll do anything you want me to do, but don't be mad if I screw up if you force me to use a dexazon build :p

HoD

15. det

det IncGamers Member

Trappers are as cheesy as Meteorbers, but sure nice to have around. Ask the crew here :)

Well...I never thought this day would come for me, but here I am..standing at the perimeter and watching as the chaos of sign-up unfolds.

Just in case things go haywire, I have a lv 37 sorc (cold, by the name of Fridgit_Bridget) and a lv 44 Pally (Shocking Cold Ranger, by the name of Beorian) in my character Rooster. Don't expect the team to hit any serious trouble (death or no-show) before NM, so I am perfectly suited to hop into the fray at that point. Perfectly minus the fact that they have no KTA tag :king:

16. Herald of Doom

::evil eye::
    no tag= no play

:lol:

So we have a Lightsorc, a windy, a barb and a trapsin now. which means 2 light dmg, 1 physical, and one physical+cold. Unless Hulla takes a fire trapper but those arent that good in pvm. I could make a poison nova necromancer with some skeletons as meatshields. The lower resist will help a lot, and the skellies will have good life with the barbs bo, while the poison adds a new type of dmg. Does that sound OK?

HoD

17. hulla-hop

i think it sounds ev0l! who's he tbarb and trapsin? could someone do an update on whos in and what chars they play? if barbs and trapsins are taken i think i could go with either coldama altho theyre absolutely useless first in the game or a pala of some sort. wicked auras for teh win!

18. Herald of Doom

Aerath = sorc
    Nexexplo= barb
    eurymone= windy
    Hullanab= trapsin? Zealot? Freezezon?
    me= summon/poison nec?
    Waflob= meteorb? Bonenec?

:)

HoD

19. hulla-hop

well, i dont have much experience with either trapsin or palas (other than cheesy hammerdins ofc) so ill go for the freezezon then :)

20. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Personal preference (not by any means meant as a restriction!) is to have as many different characters as possible. So, rather not see two WW barbs.

Not that it's a real problem, but being untwinked means it's a lot easier if you don't have to fight over the odd decent drop you get.

Det played a Poisonmancer a long while ago. They are none too bad solo, but we found that in a group play Poison takes too long to kill (was playing Rabies wolf then...). By the time the monsters would've died, the rest has slaughtered them already ;)

Of course, you're more than welcome to play one, but we both found it rather frustrating.

LF zon would work, but since there's already a trapper and a CL sorc that might get a bit much biased to the lightning damage. Nex played a Magezon the last session. I'm not sure how he felt about her, but it might well be an option.

I'm in favour of a Bonenecro somewhere (w/ some simple summons) for the simple reason of: Maggot Lair.

Lightning Trapper and Lightning Sorcy will not help at all there, with all those beetles being lightning immune.