Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 11 - ready for NM

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by waflob, May 24, 2005.

1. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

KTA 11 - ready for NM

Hi all,
    just a brief note to tell those interested what happened on Monday evening ...

After last Wednesday, it was nice to see everyone (well, nearly everyone - no names mentioned) turn up promptly. Well done !!

We completed normal Baal, did Nihlatak and spent the rest of the evening levelling with Baal runs (managed about 6 iirc). Unfortunately, nothing very interesting dropped - Isenharts armour, for instance. We are all in the 40-43 level range, ready to start NM on Wednesday, with a self-imposed level cap of 43.

For me, the surprise of the group is the windy druid. Sometimes makes it difficult to find the mouse cursor and has tendencies to clutter up the screen, but the advantages are so much more. Who would have thought that a few swirling leaves could cause so much damage :)

Looking forward to NM

DelBoy

2. Nexexplo

Nexexplo IncGamers Member

Yo,

Good recap, we really moving on like a Steam train, and it feels like there is nothing stopping us right now. But it’s kind of hard to not be able to use WW right now, one or two and I'm out of mana :(.... So if anyone finds anything with some ml I'm a happy Dude :)

I tested my res in nm and it looks fairly good, but I guess we have to lookout for FE from now on. I will surrender the shield as soon as I get a good two handed Sword. But until then I’ll use the Cleg combo, and that’s not a bad one as it has +1,25 Max damage/lvl.

Anyway, looking forward until tomorrow and some good drops :)

Cheers,
    Dude

Edit: Just looked up the cleg set and saw that the whole set gives a 6 ml bonus.... So if anyone has the shield or finds one plz gib Itamz...

3. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

i think i have both a manaleech amu+ring, and with the horrible damage i do with strafe, i just keep loosing mana :eek: i guess i should go with some +mana instead to be able to keep firing fa instead and just wait for that insight :)

cheers McFreeze

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

I can't wait till we can make one or two Insights ! We've -got- two sols, so...

5. Nexexplo

I think we will get some 4 sock polearms early in act 1 nm, and also some 4 socket swords for those wanting a spirit... Hehe... we will ROCK :yep:

6. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

My ES sorcy will for sure when we get Insight.

Immortality extravaganza ! :yep: :worship:

*croaks*

7. Paddle

Paddle IncGamers Member

I'd sure love some nice exceptional boots for kicking :) no problems with mana leech though, found a claw that gives 5% which means ~120 per finishing move (mana pool at 112) :)

Full clegs rox also for the crushing blow and ias, makes up for low damage even in late nightmare.

8. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

You don't need mana leech at the moment. Just charge Cobra Strike up.

It'll work well until Hell. (By then the AR on CStrike won't be good enough anymore.)

9. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

I DO damage, yes, sorry it ruins your hair guys! I've ventured a bit into NM yesterday, and I'm doing fine alone. I did hellforge too, and it gave me a mighty thul - therefore I've all the spirit runes, just waiting for a bloody 4 socket sword.

The bad news is, I'll most probably be out tomorrow. Is the free ticket for new Star Wars a good excuse?

edit: and I crafted a caster glove, would you believe? ;)

edit2: I'll let you know tomorrow if i'm 100% out. Then maybe someone (Nex?) can hold Zyklon in the gane 4 quests?

10. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

It's an excuse... not a good one though :p

Good one would've been if you'd been going there with me cos I still need to see it ! :D

11. Nexexplo

It's a good excuse... RL stuff is always a good excuse, WoW is a bad excuse ;). I wish i had the time to go and see the movie now.

And there is no problem for me to hold you dude in game for the Q.

Have Fun,
    Nex

12. Nexexplo

Hmm.. Short notice.. I might also be a bit late due to RL stuff. We are having a Picnic with my sons next School class (He will begin school next year). This starts at 18:30 and will hopefully not be too long, but as I said I might be a bit late.

Doh!
    Nex

13. eurymone

Have fun Nex ;)

14. Nexexplo

Hehe... we had Fun... until scratchy decided to take on two bosses by her self. I went off for about 5 min and during those minutes Paddle entered the game and got killed. **** happens... ;)

The rest of the evening was spent power leveling the new scratchy thru normal and i think she ended up at lvl 21 ready to take on nm again.

Anyway, we will try to start nm again on Monday, and I will try to be there 8:00 pm sharp.

Cheers,
    Dude

15. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

I wonder though where kretschmer was... hulla n me were the only ones there at the start, which had us concerned a bit...

Then nex showed up and waflob n melamisa were late.. o_O

16. eurymone

Oh dear, but it's good he already rebuilt. He'll catch up easily till monday.

17. Nexexplo

It would be good if everyone that has the possibility to post here to do so if they know they are going to be late or not show at all.

Sometimes you never know until it's too late and we have to live with that also, but then again you are all welcome to share that here also afterwards so we know what have happened.

Anyway, looking forward again to monday towhip some behind in nm. :D

Cheers,
    Nex

18. Paddle

Paddle IncGamers Member

Thought I should share you in with the specs on my deeds:

So, I thought my assa was invincible. Never had any real close calls in normal, always kicking them dead before they get to me. Now; playing tired always means you make mistakes; I made four :)

1. I didn't realize this wasn't in normal anymore. Saw a lightning enhanced boss, thought I could take her easily with my LEET max light res, which was actually somewhere about 40-50%, nono!

2. I didn't have health boosting on me. That way assassins are quite fragile; I must have had 300-400 life tops.

3. I never saw the other boss, she must have taken my health down quite a bit too :)

4. I was over eager to land them charges! I first took some mighty blows, hit the juv button in about 50%, life dropped yet again to 50% but at this point I was charged, and ready for the killing move (which would've rejuvenated me fully with Cobra Strike). But: 2 sparks and a couple of melee blows keep me from kicking the hell out of them, and I'm too proud not to press the juvvie button again - deeds. :thumbsup:

So there's my deeding story, everyone took it quite lightly and I'll try to be set by monday, this KTA hasn't seen the last of me :clap:

19. Nexexplo

Thats the spirit! :thumbsup:

20. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

I'm so sorry for being so late. To quote (5 points for knowing the original) "My path is strewn with cowpats laid by the devil's very own satanic herds!!"

Firstly, the missus got held up and got back late (I was baby-sitting). Secondly, we have the 'Historic Annual Market', which is a right royal pain in the proverbials. I normally park where this takes place and now you can't park for miles. So in addition to being late, I had to walk a fair distance to get back to the flat. People come for miles and miles around to gawp and spend their hard-earned cash on over-priced worthless tat (did I mention that I don't really like this event ?).

The good news is that this is finishing this weekend, so next week I expect everything to be back to normal.

Andariel - you have been warned !!!!!!!!!

DelBoy