KTA 10 - say hi to some new Guardians

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
KTA 10 - say hi to some new Guardians

We finished Baal off yesterday. I don't know why he laughs so much - he KNOWS he's gonna get a good kicking ... We slapped him about good !! I thought he dropped crap, but maybe there was something good that was grabbed before I saw it. (anyone ?)

The plan is to do Nihlatak on Monday and then make plans for KTA 11.

That is the good news ...

I realised I hadn't gotten the Black Marsh waypoint, so decided to find that and whilst I was there, see if the Countess would drop me a shael. On the way, I was happily slapping away at a boss pack pair and suddenly everything was gone. The vine, the oak sage, the merc and ....... the bear. All of this was replaced by deeds. I don't know what the bosses had, but my bear was allergic to it.

This is more embarrassing than annoying. No godly items, a char that could possibly be used for rushing (bone necro already does that though). Made it to Guardian untwinked, but still a bummer.

I've got a skelliemancer that has just started hell. I can either get him up to speed and bring him along on Monday, or sit it out and think about what character to use next. Either way, you'll have no bear to carry you :D . Sorry about that ...

DelBoy
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
waflob said:
We finished Baal off yesterday. I don't know why he laughs so much - he KNOWS he's gonna get a good kicking ... We slapped him about good !! I thought he dropped crap, but maybe there was something good that was grabbed before I saw it. (anyone ?)

The plan is to do Nihlatak on Monday and then make plans for KTA 11.

That is the good news ...

I realised I hadn't gotten the Black Marsh waypoint, so decided to find that and whilst I was there, see if the Countess would drop me a shael. On the way, I was happily slapping away at a boss pack pair and suddenly everything was gone. The vine, the oak sage, the merc and ....... the bear. All of this was replaced by deeds. I don't know what the bosses had, but my bear was allergic to it.

This is more embarrassing than annoying. No godly items, a char that could possibly be used for rushing (bone necro already does that though). Made it to Guardian untwinked, but still a bummer.

I've got a skelliemancer that has just started hell. I can either get him up to speed and bring him along on Monday, or sit it out and think about what character to use next. Either way, you'll have no bear to carry you :D . Sorry about that ...

DelBoy
Nice done guys :D

Sorry about the deeds, but hey... KTA 11 is soon here.

My no show yesterday was due to a series of events (of which some are not solved yet). I have some other hobbies than D2, and one have just started. The Golf season is here. Anyway, yesterday I was out playing golf and I was back home about 7 pm (in good time to eat and prepare for another session of KTA).

As my GF had to work on one computer I parked myself in front of computer no 2. Lo and behold... no D2 installed... wtf. Ahhh... I copied (see moved) D2 from this comp to the other one a couple of days ago due to the Disk crash. No worries... I'll just Copy it back.. That took about 20 min.

20 min later... Here we go... wtf now.. no internet... Arghhhh... Checking router and ADSL modem... no luck. Calling ISP... no known fault in your region. Checked this morning, doesn't work yet.:rant:

There you have it, my excuse for not attending yesterday.

Hopefully I’ll get this to work today, but I don’t know how much I will be able to play until next week.:teeth:

Cheers,
Nex
 

zt0

Diabloii.Net Member
waflob said:
We finished Baal off yesterday. I don't know why he laughs so much - he KNOWS he's gonna get a good kicking ... We slapped him about good !! I thought he dropped crap, but maybe there was something good that was grabbed before I saw it. (anyone ?)

The plan is to do Nihlatak on Monday and then make plans for KTA 11.

That is the good news ...

I realised I hadn't gotten the Black Marsh waypoint, so decided to find that and whilst I was there, see if the Countess would drop me a shael. On the way, I was happily slapping away at a boss pack pair and suddenly everything was gone. The vine, the oak sage, the merc and ....... the bear. All of this was replaced by deeds. I don't know what the bosses had, but my bear was allergic to it.

This is more embarrassing than annoying. No godly items, a char that could possibly be used for rushing (bone necro already does that though). Made it to Guardian untwinked, but still a bummer.

I've got a skelliemancer that has just started hell. I can either get him up to speed and bring him along on Monday, or sit it out and think about what character to use next. Either way, you'll have no bear to carry you :D . Sorry about that ...

DelBoy
Too bad about your deeds. :/ Baal dropped a Unique Shako known as Harlequin Crest. I don't know who took it. :D But I think it was a nice drop.
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
"Hi"

(you said to say Hi, didn't you) :D

What an odd outing this has become. We finish Baal gain in one sitting, although we were late and only 4 were there. (Eury later, Nex see above, Det parked in town until 20:45)

Then we are Guardians without Nihlatak, one of our own wanders off and gets killed and we really have to kinda do the whole thingy again on Monday.

Well, I loved how I was greeted on my return with "Hooray, finally somebody who can kill" :lol: but I really don't know if I can or will or want to make it on Wednesday. Nor do I know if I am in KTA 11.

This is the situation: A friend of mine always visits me Wednesdays and he has now become addicted to WoW. (badly, like most) So on Wednesdays he could play on my Comp while I give KTA 11 a shot. Mondays look bad however, as my working hours out of time are concentrating more on Mondays now (was Tuesday and Thursdays before - perfect). And of course WoW is the game I like more right now.

So: I'd say go ahead and make a KTA 11 recruiting thread. See how many turn up. See how many of the ones that turn up still turn up in a week or two...and if you are down to 7 or 6 one day, I can still have my guest appearances...

But I am confident people will flock to you and you have no trouble filling the ranks.

I have enjoyed playing all KTA sessions immensly. When you start with one team you think it can never get as good as this, but new people fill the ranks and they bring fresh ideas and fresh conversations. It never gets boring and you certainly all are good friends. I avoid to say "have been" because this ain't over and I will surely never make a "Goodbye I quit thread".

But I extend my offer to give away almost everything I have. Runes, items...just don't strip my Winddruid. Accounts and pw mailed on request to the KTAers out there..the ones who know them already, feel free. Better not let the stuff rot when you can use it...

It was a blast..still is..and you haven't seen the last of me yet

:howdy:
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Well, I loved how I was greeted on my return with "Hooray, finally somebody who can kill"
I think someone was having a dig at me - my bear was doing fine on anything that wasn't fire immune. We'd just had a phase where virtually everything was fire immune and I could hardly touch a thing. On the other hand, that may just be perfectly nomal paranoia and the statement was meant to be taken at face value ...

det said:
But I extend my offer to give away almost everything I have. Runes, items...just don't strip my Winddruid. Accounts and pw mailed on request to the KTAers out there..the ones who know them already, feel free. Better not let the stuff rot when you can use it...
I would be interested in at least having a look at what is there, so feel free to pass on any information that could be useful.

det said:
It was a blast..still is..and you haven't seen the last of me yet
True..true..let's hope the last part is also true :thumbsup:

DelBoy
 

eurymone

Diabloii.Net Member
What an odd turn of events ;) RIP to the bear, I wish I stayed in the game a bit longer, in fact I was doing some mephruns on other acc....Quite a few rips this edition, dontcha think? And Nihlathak still ahead, I wonder if I wanna risk my Mavina zon's life :scratch:
I think we can rush Nex to the Guardian status, do (or not?) the Nihla, and call it done on Monday.

Det - I also hope that's true, anyway we'll probably meet sooner or later in WoW. GL!

I think the sork took shako, and I hope it fits her well :D
 

Paddle

Diabloii.Net Member
Y, I grabbed the leathery thing and already runed it with an um :)

I think I'll load her up with vita charms after KTA, she'll be one hell of a teleporter/enchanter/zapper/killer. I think I've had my share of the good stuff here, as I'm going with eschutas, magefists, shako and saracens.

Nex, yet another bow skiller dropped, and I also stashed a +3 matri 5os, if you have any need for one.

And waflob, sry to hear about your loss! You still kinda made it to the end, and as said KTA 11 is soon :)
Our chars were like siblings ingame - always complaining about fire immunes :)
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
Paddle said:
Y, I grabbed the leathery thing and already runed it with an um :)

I think I'll load her up with vita charms after KTA, she'll be one hell of a teleporter/enchanter/zapper/killer. I think I've had my share of the good stuff here, as I'm going with eschutas, magefists, shako and saracens.

Nex, yet another bow skiller dropped, and I also stashed a +3 matri 5os, if you have any need for one.

And waflob, sry to hear about your loss! You still kinda made it to the end, and as said KTA 11 is soon :)
Our chars were like siblings ingame - always complaining about fire immunes :)
If that bow have had like 3 or 4 sockets.... that would have been nice. :D

Anyway, my internet connection is up, and if it is working this evening I’ll be around sometime after 8 pm to try to conquer ACT 5. So if any of you is around to help me it would be nice.

Cheers,
Nex
 

eurymone

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll be there Nex. Can be with the Mav zon, trapper, or a cold sork. Just bought a 160 GB HDD :D
 

Sweet_Shadow

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratz guys ^^
Hopefully you will get past Nihla without too much trouble.

I'd love to join you in KTA 11 but I think it's best for me to focus on the clan... I mean, I play enough D2 as it is :D

See you around ;)
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
eurymone said:
I'll be there Nex. Can be with the Mav zon, trapper, or a cold sork. Just bought a 160 GB HDD :D
Thanks Eury, any of these gals will be fine...

Btw, i also bought a 160 Gb disk but only to replace the chrashed one... :(
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks to Eurys heroic help i managed to get my HotNCold to Guardian. I can say that it was not like I helped too much on the way.... Some of these builds just doesn't cut it untwinked, especially solo...

I am sorry for my hasty departure, yet again it was my ISP.... (It's a curse). When I logged back in you where gone...

Anyway.. Thanks again Eury and I'll catch you later :thanks:

Cheers,
Nex
 

eurymone

Diabloii.Net Member
My pleasure, haven't seen Baal for a long time with my trapper ;) You were doing fine, which was best seen when lightning immunes appeared.
 

Paddle

Diabloii.Net Member
I just remembered that I'm away next week :( going to tour with my band out of town, so won't be able to attend monday or wednesday, sorry!

Anyway reserve a spot for me in KTA 11, and good luck with nithlatak! 4 original chars still alive (actually, can't really tell about the necro), that's 50% :)
 

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
wow - cool going with that band !

Happy gigging !

=====

On a sidenote, what's people going to play ?
In doubt between a Chain Lightning sorcy (gasp!) and a CS/Tankazon
 

eurymone

Diabloii.Net Member
-wind druid?
-tesladin?
-frost zealot? (i know...)

Generally I'd like something that I can play solo, after KTA11 ends - as always.

Aerath, I'd love to see you as CL sork ;)
 

PhAtMaN

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats to your team's success. I'm interested in joining the next KTA and I have an open schedule for awhile so I figured diablo would be the way to go.
 
Top