KTA 10 in Hell

det

Diabloii.Net Member
KTA 10 in Hell

Uh..nobody posting or what? Well...I shall keep it brief:

After a very successful rebuild of ShadowII and the conversion ob Giles de Rais, we swept Nihlataks lair sucessfully and killed Baal again. Then it was time for hell.

What to say? Maybe my memory is failing me...but for an odd party like this (no Conviction or LR, no Skellies to tank ----> /curses DarkArts) we were doing incredibly well. Can't remember when we did so well last time ^^.

Oh...of course talk of KTA 11 was raised, and I would just like to take care of a little bit of business here:

"Aerath...step forward and kneel"

Aerath steps forward and kneels

"As the last currently active player of the KTA founding fathers I bestow on you the power to lead KTA in the future adventures."

Det touches Aeraths shoulders lightly with his all powerful Sceptre of Spam.
Aerath glows


"Arise now and carry the torch of KTA-ness"

:D
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Uh..nobody posting or what? Well...I shall keep it brief:
I was just about to, when I saw your post ...

det said:
What to say? Maybe my memory is failing me...but for an odd party like this (no Conviction or LR, no Skellies to tank ----> /curses DarkArts) we were doing incredibly well. Can't remember when we did so well last time ^^.
Just shows me that you don't need a particular group to beat the game. At the mo, there are a little too many fire immunes for my cuddly little teddy bear. The new ammy is cool: +2 shape shifting, 14% all res, cold (I think) 29%, plus a bit of added damage thrown in as well. Even gave up the saracens to keep this one !!

det said:
Oh...of course talk of KTA 11 was raised, and I would just like to take care of a little bit of business here:
I remember this happening differently ...

"Aerath...step forward and kneel"

Aerath: "Sod off, you prev - no way !!"

Aerath is grabbed and head-locked until he stops struggling

"As the last currently active player of the KTA founding fathers I bestow on you the power to lead KTA in the future adventures."

Det smacks Aeraths repeatedly about the head and body.

"Arise now and carry the torch of KTA-ness"

Aerath: "alright already - just stop hitting me !!"
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
Elvis has not left the building... yet...

So... this is the end of the mighty DET era... I know you rather play WoW nowadays. I might even come there and visit you one day. May you live long and prosper on Earthen Ring.

I have the same feeling when we are playing.... Either we are just lucky or we are a well balanced team of experienced players.... :scratch: (What a thought)

Btw, your too old to play LOD anyway.... :lol:
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
waflob said:
I remember this happening differently ...

"Aerath...step forward and kneel"

Aerath: "Sod off, you prev - no way !!"

Aerath is grabbed and head-locked until he stops struggling

"As the last currently active player of the KTA founding fathers I bestow on you the power to lead KTA in the future adventures."

Det smacks Aeraths repeatedly about the head and body.

"Arise now and carry the torch of KTA-ness"

Aerath: "alright already - just stop hitting me !!"
:lol:

Nexexplo said:
Elvis has not left the building... yet...

So... this is the end of the mighty DET era... I know you rather play WoW nowadays. I might even come there and visit you one day. May you live long and prosper on Earthen Ring.

I have the same feeling when we are playing.... Either we are just lucky or we are a well balanced team of experienced players.... :scratch: (What a thought)

Btw, your too old to play LOD anyway.... :lol:
Muhahahaha... Well, if you ever decide you need a new way to waste your time, I hope you will join the Horde on Earthen Ring as well.

I would not say my era ends however...who knows, maybe I change my mind for KTA 11...and KTA 12 might just see me return. The problem with WoW might be that after the starting areas it gets very much the same story for the Horde or the Alliance...and 2 classes even have the same starting areas. Questing constantly in a group like KTA would be fun, you know...set a time per day and play mostly together, or save especially Instances and Elite quests for the meetings. It would be fun.

I shall be around for the next 3 weeks that it will take us to finish this thing and I shall see how far Nerzul has progressed. The immediate goal is lv 40 and my Warlock Mount now. After that, who knows.

Still, since you lot are more online in LOD than I am, it is more appropriate that the torch passes from Syxx, Magnus, Chiller and me (to name the most active Oldtimers) to you lot..Aerath, Nex and Eury.
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
Nexexplo said:
Either we are just lucky or we are a well balanced team of experienced players.... :scratch: (What a thought)
Probably a bit of both - let's not tempt fate by praising ourselves too much. Wednesday is only a day away ...

Nexexplo said:
Btw, your too old to play LOD anyway....
Given that it's virtually impossible to validate claims made online by people you don't know, I teamed up once with a guy who was a grandfather. No, he wasn't using the sword, he was a granddad in real life. I live in the hope that you're never too old to play.

DelBoy
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Lets just say the first Computer I bought from my first self earned money... was a C 64. The 5.25 Floppy that was optional costed as much as the comp again.

I have been playing since then...from Space Taxi to WoW you could say. I doubt I grow too old to play ............ ever .
 

Paddle

Diabloii.Net Member
Respect for the oldtimers! When I was little I thought that playing games just won't interest adults, but the present time shows otherwise :)

If the Eschutas is still available, and I'd find a shael somewhere, I'd be more than eager to give it a go :) The Passion long sword I'm using has -35 speed, is there a breakpoint somewhere between -30 and -35? Or between -35 and -10?

BTW would anyone find any use for passion then? It gives a nice lvl 3 heart of wolverine and other ok mods, no actual damage though, I think it was 9-58.
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Lets just say the first Computer I bought from my first self earned money... was a C 64. The 5.25 Floppy that was optional costed as much as the comp again.

I have been playing since then...from Space Taxi to WoW you could say. I doubt I grow too old to play ............ ever .
I know you’re not too old for playing any computer game... ever... I'm just pulling your leg, but as you are 3 years older than me you will always be the oldest (wisest)? around here :thumbsup:
 

zt0

Diabloii.Net Member
Paddle said:
Respect for the oldtimers! When I was little I thought that playing games just won't interest adults, but the present time shows otherwise :)

If the Eschutas is still available, and I'd find a shael somewhere, I'd be more than eager to give it a go :) The Passion long sword I'm using has -35 speed, is there a breakpoint somewhere between -30 and -35? Or between -35 and -10?

BTW would anyone find any use for passion then? It gives a nice lvl 3 heart of wolverine and other ok mods, no actual damage though, I think it was 9-58.
The Eschutas is still availible.
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Wise? Me? You must mean somebody else :lol:

...and I knew you were just teasing...my reply was more aimed at the "....Given that it's virtually impossible to validate claims made online by people you don't know..." bit in Waflob's post.

All GATters know my age..and it is the meaning of Life and the Universe ;)

...which closes the circle and maybe I AM wise?
 

Chiller_babe

Diabloii.Net Member
Paddle said:
If the Eschutas is still available, and I'd find a shael somewhere, I'd be more than eager to give it a go :) The Passion long sword I'm using has -35 speed, is there a breakpoint somewhere between -30 and -35? Or between -35 and -10?

BTW would anyone find any use for passion then? It gives a nice lvl 3 heart of wolverine and other ok mods, no actual damage though, I think it was 9-58.
What on earth possesed you to make Passion in a long sword?

O and I join det on the C64 being the 1st pc i bought :D Hours wasted on elite if i recall!

Chill
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
All GATters know my age..and it is the meaning of Life and the Universe ;)
Me too - and I was worried that I might be too old for you lot - seems that this isn't the case. I usually give my age out in hex - looks a lot better than decimal.

DelBoy
 

Paddle

Diabloii.Net Member
Chiller_babe said:
What on earth possesed you to make Passion in a long sword?
Hehe, as an enchantress I don't really need the physical damage :) long sword is fast and it has 4 sockets, that's the deal. Never thought something like eschutas would drop, though :)
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
waflob said:
Me too - and I was worried that I might be too old for you lot - seems that this isn't the case. I usually give my age out in hex - looks a lot better than decimal.

DelBoy
Saaaay...you sign your posts as DelBoy and your username is waflob....

What gives?
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Saaaay...you sign your posts as DelBoy and your username is waflob....

What gives?
Nothing sinister or complicated ...
When setting up my very first hotmail account, I couldn't find a variation of my name that hadn't already been taken. In my frustration, I entered waflob (which actually stands for something - can you guess ?) and as this wasn't taken, I used it.

Since then, I've found that when registering for something, or when I need a handle, waflob is used as the name of choice. It's easier for me to remember one handle I use everywhere, than different nicks on each site (or whatever). Not only that, but sometimes a certain amount of anonymity (sp?) is required. Having a nick like 'FredBloggs' when you're really called Fred Bloggs is a bit of a giveaway ...

DelBoy

ps - waflob = ?? (competition time !!)
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Competition time? Do I have to be from a certain country to find it out? Sounds like waffles too me :D

I see your problem, for me I added _ _ or - - (-det-) when my nick was taken. It is stupid for scandinavian countries though as it means "it" :(
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
Waflob... Waflob??? As in....

...Can you buy me some waflob on your way home?

...You sure know how to make a big waflob out of things!

...One day my son, you will also own a waflob.

...I was driving down the high way and... WAFLOB... there goes the right front tire....

Amiright?
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Competition time? Do I have to be from a certain country to find it out?
clue time - it's an acronym in English. And not the kind of English you can repeat in front of nuns ...

DelBoy

ps - it's not an object
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm..

ASAP
BTW
AFK
FUBAR

..all acronyms that are well known..

..but WAFLOB is not know on the net it seems..

"What a fuzzy leg of Barbara"? Yeah, I can see nuns being hurt by this one :lol:
 
Top