KTA 10 + det shows off thread

det

Diabloii.Net Member
KTA 10 + det shows off thread

Time for a second installment of the "42,195 reasons while I rule" from last year, hehe...

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=178504

Anyhow...a year is over and time to torure the old bones again. So I participated in my second Marathon and (insert fanfare) finished 25 minutes faster than last year. It still took me a bit longer than the 4:59 hours I hoped for (5:11 in fact), but hell...who cares now that I am sitting here now, typing this.

Km 20: "Wow, I feel great..."
Km 34: "Why am I doing this...this hurts"
Km 38: "Who cares that it is only 4 more km..I am giving up right here"
Km 42,195 "Emotional surge when running over the finishing line while masses of people cheer"
2 Minutes after the finish: "Remind me to never do this again"
After a long hot bath "Hmm..maybe a Half-Marathon next year"
This morning "Bones hurt..but damn if that wasn't fun...next Marathon is when?"

:lol:
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Time for a second installment of the "42,195 reasons while I rule" from last year, hehe...
Nothing but respect from me for people who can do stuff like this - it hurts just to think about it ...

DelBoy
 

Mn_Swe2

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, det's still going strong I see :)

Gratz to number 2, and the improved time!

/Magnus
 

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
Very big congrats here. I keep trying to talk myself into running the Boston every year, but never get the chance. I usually just run 15 or so 10ks and call it good enough.

25 minutes is a pretty nice improvement Det keep it up and good luck next year
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
Has this something to do with you being over 40?

If that's the case then i'm in big trouble.... :teeth:
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Nexexplo said:
Has this something to do with you being over 40?
I guess it has something to do with being over 40 'cause I started running (well...walking at first more like it) a month before I turned 40. I also wanted to lose weight (in the end it became 20 kgs).

And because men often don't know when to stop...well...first I was happy to run 10 minutes without getting exhausted, the 30, then 70 and one day I managed 2 hours in one go...then 3...so a Marathon was the obvious next step...

/bows and thanks all who have offered their congratulations.
 

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm exceedingly good at watching a marathon on the telly ?

Seriously though ! Well done ! :thumbsup: :clap:
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Here we are a few hours later after b.net tossed all sorts of trouble at us: Connection issues kept Paddle away and lag took Eury. There is another dead Paladin :(, Nexplo got kicked when we were taking Duriel down.

IIRC, Eury won't rebuild..maybe rather join us in a few of the remaining sessions with one of your existing characters (twink or not, I am fine either way now anyhow).

Wednesday is my day out of town this week with a voice recording session. Normally I should make it by 20:00...but no promises. Hold on to the bird if it drops or hold my character in game...you know my PW ;)
 

Nexexplo

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Here we are a few hours later after b.net tossed all sorts of trouble at us: Connection issues kept Paddle away and lag took Eury. There is another dead Paladin :(, Nexplo got kicked when we were taking Duriel down.

IIRC, Eury won't rebuild..maybe rather join us in a few of the remaining sessions with one of your existing characters (twink or not, I am fine either way now anyhow).

Wednesday is my day out of town this week with a voice recording session. Normally I should make it by 20:00...but no promises. Hold on to the bird if it drops or hold my character in game...you know my PW ;)
We had some major LAG and every time the dust cleared I thought I would have bought it. This plus my ISP have started to mess up my connection.

I'll try to keep Bloodmoon ingame for you.

Cheers,
Nex
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah..do you have a staff and/or can get the ammy, so we don't have to do all of act 2 again?
 

Paddle

Diabloii.Net Member
Y, I have the staff and I'll have a go on the vipers and arcane, if it seems too dangerous I won't risk it. I'm only at ~650 hp and a very potion dependant tele'er with only one kind of damage (merc does some physical, though) so hold your horses :)
 
Top