Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Korlic Bug..?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by pharaoh, Mar 16, 2004.

1. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Korlic Bug..?

Has anyone else had the experience while fighting the Ancients that sometimes, when Korlic (the Leap Attack guy) jumps at you, you become unable to act for a moment or two?

I've noticed it a few times, and yesterday, while doing Hell Ancients, I died because of it. He leapt at me, was still in the air when I tried to teleport away. Nothing was hitting me, so I wasn't in hit recovery, and with 110% FCR, it seems really friggin' stupid that he can land and smack me before I'm out of there.

Needless to say, I died in one hit- full life, Bone Armor, then splat!

2. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal IncGamers Member

Haven't seen that one

I haen't seen that one, but then again, I've only killed the ancients twice in SP so far.

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

i saw that one last night with my javazone... when he jumps it seems like he has a lock on you and your freeze for 1.5 seconds... dont know anymore about this, maybe shade can confirm this :scratch:

robin

4. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

haven't experienced this myself but just as a thought a barbs leap attack has knockback (I think), so is this affecting you in some way? Do you even get knocked back?

5. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Nono, it's not when he lands (though I died then), but when he first leaps. He leaps into the air, and one SHOULD be able to simply step aside, but while he's in the air, sometimes it 'locks' you in place, and you're stuck until he lands on you. Whether or not you're knocked back is irrelevant, as it's a hit you should not have taken in the first place, if you're paying attention.

Note this doesn't happen all the time. It seems random, but when it does, it pretty much guarantees you'll take a heavy hit from Korlic, which in Hell is often instant death for caster types like me.

This item is on my "rant list" of unfair techniques the game uses. Others include vampires leeching life with their fireballs (leech gear never does this for me), monsters casting certain spells (Blizzard, Firewall, Meteor, curses of all favors) through solid walls, and how Nihlathak can detonate his own minions (show me a necro who can CE the corpses of his own minions, and I'll take this last one off the list). Call me weird, but having the game cheat to win bugs me almost as much as having players do it.

6. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Wow, I didn't realise that could happen with Korlic never seen it before, very strange. I total concur with the sentiments about blood lords leeching with fireballs - I wish my sorc could!

7. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I've never seen it myself, but did read about other people complain about it. I don't think there is any solution though.

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

I know it: It's called reaction time. :teeth:

When you see him jump, you may get scared of 100.000 dmg he can deal and freeze for a second.

Seriously though, I have no idea why it should lock you in place.

9. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

:lol:

No, it's not a bug.

I too have experienced the exact thing you described. Korlic locks on you just as he starts to jump and you can't move for about a second. You just have to teleport away sooner. I was able to do this multiple times in a excrutiatingly long battle (about 2 hours). Just practice teleporting away sooner.

Urlik

10. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

If it locks the target in place, then it IS a bug, as Leap Attack is NOT supposed to do that, just as FE monsters are NOT supposed to hit for a zillion damage, bypassing any fire resist and any PDR. My question was more to the tune of "Is this just me?", because if it was only happening to me, I could attribute it to any number of issues related to my computer (broken mouse, corrupted installation, virus, etc etc), but if it's a widespread issue, and not intended as a feature of the skill, then it is a bug.

Or did you mean that to be a sarcastic, "A bug in a Blizzard game? Surely you jest!" sort of comment? :)

11. jwilliams152000

jwilliams152000 IncGamers Member

Yah i noticed this with my fishy also which caused me to die. I just always kill him first now so it doesnt get to me.

12. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

No, not trying to be sarcastic.. only confirming that what you experienced is part of the 1.10 package, such as it is. You can adapt to it! I know you can!

The Korlic I fought was Extra Fast, Cold Immune and Spectral Hit. I thought, maybe this "locking on" thing might be related to spectral hit. Does anybody know what the hell spectral hit is anyway? (bypasses blocking maybe?)

Also, if you notice, when Korlic "locks on" you get a little orange aura about your feet. That's your signal to get the hell outta there! :lol:

13. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Really? I am usually too busy hacking him away to notice.

14. corax

corax IncGamers Member

ive noticed the korlic lock thing happening occasionally but it still leaves plenty of time to get away from him... :cheesy:
    oh yea n i also thought i might point out that necros and even nihlathak cant xplode the necros minions cos when they are 'animated' n 'revived' that uses up their remaining life energies so when they 'die' again they are dead n empty. thus cant be xploded. nihlathaks minions however are undoubtably alive n thus when they die they can go POP..buaha... how cool would it be if u could use raise skellie on ur skellie corpses.. self-perpetuating army