Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Korialstraz's guide to fast and efficient rushing.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by korialstraz, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Tim B

Tim B Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Korialstraz's guide to fast and efficient rushing.

maybe worth mentioning that where the quester has to present they don't have to be alive. just so long as they don't press esc to return to town they still get the quest.

2. GoldenBird

GoldenBird Diabloii.Net Member

Just wanted to add a tip for killing Diablo.

Often times the quester will die from the fire nova that Diablo does, but if you place them too far away they won't get the quest. If you look North and slightly West you will see that the walls merge to form a sticking out corner. Both of the walls extend after they meet. What I usually do is place the TP behind on of those extended parts on the wall. That way the quester is just close enough for the quest, and Diablo's nova can't reach them there.

3. korialstraz

korialstraz Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I thought I tried this once and it didn't work. In some cases yes it does, like when you need to talk to someone else later (like Tyrael after Duriel). I'll try it and see how it works out though.

That was going to be added when I get around to taking pics. But now it's in here so hopefully I'll remember it ;)

Thanks for all suggestions so far. Atm I'm playing some other games alongside D2, and there is work and everything, but hopefully I can get back to this guide and test everything suggested in here :)

4. Tim B

Tim B Diabloii.Net Member

i use 2 cd-keys to rush my own characters often. when i do duriel quest, the quester thrusts his wooden staff into that orifice, goes through the hole and gets killed. i then switch to the rusher, kill duriel, talk to tyreal, go through portal, take wp to travincal open a tp in the temple and wait in kurast. Then switch back to the quester press esc to return to town, talk to Jehrin then Meshif, and walk through the tp to the council and die again. Switch back kill council and proceed. works every time.

5. korialstraz

That's really interesting and have given me a few ideas. I'll be trying with 3 or more chars though, to see if it works for more than just a rusher and quester. :thumbup:

6. gakky

gakky Diabloii.Net Member

Assuming you have 2 sets of keys so you can self-rush, even better is to rush 4 characters
    to Act II in 4 separate games. Then when getting the staff and amulet, before opening the chest rusher leaves and leecher enters and picks up the extra staff/amulet that drops. Being partied also opens up entry to the arcane sanctuary so the leecher can can create a new game with just opening duriel to do. In this way you get 4 characters through with just 1 visit to maggot lair and viper tomb.
    I recently got another set of keys (3 total) and now this method gets 9 characters (although I only do 8 as it's neater) through with just one visit to maggot lair and viper tomb. I prefer this method to durimules. Also with 3 chars I can have tp to both maggot chest and viper chest ready to open so I only have to switch out rusher/leecher once (and then again before talking to Tyrael).

korialstraz,
    Glitch rushing :
    Act 2 - I am not sure why you have to talk to Drognan or Cain, I never have to. You can talk to anyone in town, whoever is closest (always Malah or Meshif), after making staff, and after killing summoner.
    After talking to Tyrael, walk up to the outside of the palace. Do not click on Jerhyn. He is inside the palace where you cannot enter. Just wait at the entrance and he will walk up to you with ! on his head.
    Act 3 - Only one character needs to be present when killing council and it is often easier to just let him die esp in nm/hell.
    Act 5 - Interesting to note Ancients quest can be recycled. Once you find the path if you can keep the game open you reuse the quest in the same game. Saves some time finding if doing a lot of rushing. Also note rusher can activate the ancients, questor can hide behind the entrance.

Some other tips :
    Rusher should load up on run/faster.
    Prayer merc with synergising insight staff is great, not for the mana but for the heal to help keep questor alive and save time for the rusher.

7. korialstraz

I'm not sure if I grasped this way of doing it, but sounds good if you selfrush a lot. On the rare occasion I rush only myself I never rush more than 2 chars, and since I have 3 cd keys it works out nicely. If friends want to join then they are ofc welcome to, which makes it easier on me, since one of them gets to be quester :D

Act 2: As explained in the guide, if you talk to Drognan after doing the amulet quest (it seems you don't need to transmute the staff), you will prevent the bug where Jerhyn won't come out of the palace (and you can't enter) thus you can enter the palace, talk to Jerhyn, enter the harem and open a tp. Now you don't have to walk halfway across the map.
    Act 3: I've never managed to complete council with only 1 char present, but I'll give it a shot and see how it works out.
    Act 5: What do you mean it can be recycled? IIRC once the quest has been completed the statues turn golden and can't be activated again in that game. Maybe you could elaborate on how they can be recycled as you say? Or maybe I missed the point in your post :p

Usually as a rusher I move faster than questers and leechers, but I can certainly see the benefits of having some FRW

8. gakky

gakky Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry I wasn't very clear on the amulet/staff. Basically you get multiple staffs/amulets when more than one character needs the quest. You could utilise this by transferring the amulet/staff to another character, but then the other character hasn't done the amulet quest cannot so cannot get into arcane sanctuary so transferring is no good. To get around this I redistribute the rushing groups. I rush 3x3 (9 chars) at once using 3 cdkeys. In each group must be a quester who can go into arcane and also open duriels. These 3 questers should be present when opening the 2 chests. After they each get their copy of the amulet/staff 2 of them exit game, switch in the rusher, do summoner, duriel, bring in 2 leechers and talk to duriel. Now with the other 2 groups have the quester create a new game and do summoner and duriel int the same way. For practicality in rushing the other acts I only rush 8 chars.

Act 5 : Characters who have not done the ancients can still do the quest if someone has already completed it. Some quests are independent of other people in the game - like the socket quest, someone else using it does not affect your ability to use it. Anyway it just means you can rush a bunch of people through ancients, then rush more people through again in the same game. I've used this occasionally when someone doesn't get the quest for some reason. But you know I could be mistaken on this. I'll check this again. There may be some requirement such as noone in the game.