Korean's 1v7 PvP Hammerdin v1

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member

Introduction

Hey guys. I'm writing this mini guide because I see many people seeing this build as one capable of wiping out an entire public duel game, yet there are no guides to such Hammerdins on Dii. Decided it was better to post in PvP forum instead of Paladin, as it is purely dedicated for PvP environment.

Blessed Hammer is a truly insane skill. It is so insane, that it allows room for items to be geared more pub-friendly and still maintain an awesome damage. This creates an extremely versatile Paladin who can take on multiple opponents at a time.

The idea of this Hammerdin is to have no strong weaknesses on ANY opponent you might face in a duel game. Not that it will own everyone, its just that no one will own you hard. They can't.

Stats

Strength - enough with all your items for 174

Dexterity - enough for 75% ctb. Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2). Blocking = (Shield Blocking + HS Blocking)

Vitality - maximum

Skills

+20 Blessed Hammer
+20 Concentration
+20 Vigor
+20 Blessed Aim
+1 Holy Shield
+1 Charge
+rest Resist Lightning (start this last)
-----------------------------------------------
+82 without Resist Lightning, add +7 prereqs, completed with 89 skill points.

the reason I choose Resist Lightning over Meditation or Redemption, is because for every 2 points you spend in RL, it increases your maximum LR by 1%.

Equipment

Note: if you can't afford a lot of the items I mention, then don't bother making such Paladin. Good old Hammerdin with just HoZ Shako Enigma etc. do okay themselves. Again, this build is for those who crave 1vMultiple dueler, and the price you pay is the costly items. There probably are cheaper options to make an equally effective build, but I do not list them because I haven't tried them.

I strongly recommend following my first named setups for each equipment parts.

Helm - BerBer Crown of Ages

others: Ber Shako, 2/20 Pal Circlet.

Armor - Enigma (nothing higher than Archon, must be Light type)

Weapon - Heart of the Oak

others: +15 res jewel Wizardspike

Shield - high base res 35% Sacred Targe Spirit

others: high base res 35% zakarum / sacred rondache Spirit

Belt - Arach Spider

others - Verdungoes

Amulet - Mara's

others: fcr/+skills/res/stats/whatever rare

Rings - fcr/res/stats/whatever rares

others: Ravenfrost, BK

Glove - Trang's

others: Magefist, Bloodfist

Boots - res/stats/fhr/whatever rare

others: Trek's, Waterwalk

Switch - Call to Arms / Spirit

Stash - Wisp, Hotspur, TGod, Ravenfrost, Grief PB / Zerk

Charms - enough pcomb's to reach 10K+, then rest all vita sc's. perf ones are strongly recommended. Better if Shimmering prefix as well. anni / torch. Try hard to get FHR pcombs.

1) Whatever you wear, 125% FCR (9fr) and 86% FHR (4fr) is a must.

2) Some like it fine with 9, but I can't stand Hammers weaker than 10K. If you can afford good lifer pcombs, then go up to 12~13.

3) Focus strongly on resist stack. Atleast 200+ on LR. I had 250~ on mine, w/o anya. 300+ possible with Wizzy, but loses life. Conviction isn't a rare sight in pub.

4) DR is not a must with this build. CoA + Enigma should be fine.

5) Remember to use Raven when Grief'ing, for CBF.

6) Must reach 4K+ Life.

7) Stating the importance of CoA. Anyways, if no CoA, Shako is best bet. I absolutely frown upon Paly circlets, unless they're truly insane.

8) I like HoTo > Wizzy. At a first glance, Wizzy seems a better choice especially its sexcness and mana bonus, but I've learned that with the extra free ring spot, all you can do is give a permanent raven, wisp, bk, or a rare, and it is likely rare > all with the res/stat bonus. But then, fcr/res/stat can be attainable with HoTo as well, so the extra fcr is usually nothing except ability to switch sorb rings at times. The res can be gained by considering of free inventory space (3~4 pcombats due to hoto's +skills), and how you can fill em up with res or life sc's. The +20 dex, Oak cast, it all adds up.

9) Very few paly/fcr/res amulets overpower +30 Mara in this build. Unless you could really use the extra FCR, don't worry about it.

10) Remember any damage lost on equipment setup will force you to lose spaces of valuable inventory. Must balance between damage/tankage. This is why I think its useful if I give you guys a minimum damage limit, and try to go for most tankage while following the limit.

11) Permanent sorb piece is also worth considering. Effective pieces like TGod's and Wisp make good choices, due to intensity/frequency of lightning users. 90 max LR (10 tgod, 5 from Resist Lightning) is nothing to sneeze at, especially when backed with strong stacked res. Just compare the item to the stats of item you would be missing. 20% L sorb vs. stats/res? Your choice.

12) Remember that stats > bonus to life, every little stat saved goes to vitality, which in turn > +1 life.

General Dueling Methods

Well... this is one of the harder builds to master. No matter how good the build is, it must be backed with skills to kill multiple opponents.

Couple things I'm just going to say briefly;

1) all I'm going to say is; juvies work extremely well with this build. It is rather one of the best build for "bm" after all.

2) Grief Charge / Smite is effective against FoHers, Trappers, Windies, Bowers, etc.

3) Desynching, lagging your location in the server with Vigor + Charge, should be your main dueling tactic. Combined with a fast tele can make you leave invisible hammers on top of your opponent without any sign you were in their screen.

4) Prepare to chug blue drinks, or purple if you want.

5) do not fear to sorb at need.

6) desynch everywhere and drop occasional hammers. you'll soon see people just dropping.

*This is merely a v1 of mini mini hdin guide. I'm sick of typing about this, I will soon post updated versions focusing more on equipment choice reasons and dueling methods. Any input about anything will be greatly appreciated. More criticism = better updated versions. Bring your best shot. ;)

akumaxyz

Banned
in short make a hdin with 12k hammers who can sorb, and desync hammer all day.

you just need doom for bowazons if its 1 v 1, the rest grief doesnt do enough damage in time they can town or exit. everyone dies in 2 hammers except godly high life chars

75fcr isnt enough for 1 v 7

clayton bigsby

Diabloii.Net Member
At a first glance, Wizzy seems a better choice

personally i think hoto looks a LOT better at first glance. just knowing its a runeword, makes it a lot better, not to mention the +3 skills. of course thats just my opinion.

sorry new to forums, dont know how to do the quote thing

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
At first glance, people tend to go OMG RUNEWORD LEET and turn their brains off. Hoto gives +3 skills and some other nifty things like sage and life rep (potentially useful on eshield sorcs) - wizspike gives 35+ more res, 10 more FCR, and a SOCKET. Socket can give 15 more res, or 40 (if my memory doesn't fail me) of a single element. If you're gonna stack or are a tad low on the resists, wizardspike is the clear win.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
+3 skills wouldn't increase your dmg by a lot after PvP penalty. Also since you're gearing towards anti-light. A 30%light resist/7%fhr jewel'd wizpike is sexy. :azn:

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member
its a decent minguide, i personally would take the wizzy as most ppl just see the 3 skills on hoto and miss the fact that wizzy has 10% more fcr, meaning easier to hit the 125% fcr bp not to mention the nice mana supply and huge stacked res which is even more intense if u socket with a 15 all res jewel

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
in short make a hdin with 12k hammers who can sorb, and desync hammer all day.

you just need doom for bowazons if its 1 v 1, the rest grief doesnt do enough damage in time they can town or exit. everyone dies in 2 hammers except godly high life chars

75fcr isnt enough for 1 v 7
Uhh yes, not 100% in synch with my guide but pretty similar.

killer of souls omg said:
Great guide, ofc i didnt have the time to read it but im sure its awesome.
Great comment, ofc i didnt have time to read it but im sure its about how awesome my guide is.

new dude said:
At a first glance, Wizzy seems a better choice

personally i think hoto looks a LOT better at first glance. just knowing its a runeword, makes it a lot better, not to mention the +3 skills. of course thats just my opinion.

sorry new to forums, dont know how to do the quote thing
Oh, actually I expected ppl to think Wizzy > HoTo, just because it makes them look like they know what they're doing. Ppl will go omg wizzy he chooses wizzy>hoto! this guy's serious! so I was sort of implying reverse psychology. So I used reverse x2 psych.

Retro said:
+3 skills wouldn't increase your dmg by a lot after PvP penalty. Also since you're gearing towards anti-light. A 30%light resist/7%fhr jewel'd wizpike is sexy.
Ahh here's one where my reverse psych worked on.

The reason I choose +40 hoto > 115 LR Wizzy is that the only reason you would need such hardcore stacked res is against FoH'ers, but you switch to Grief anyway for easier duels. Of course, having the conviction proofness is GG when a foher + others are combined against you. I just like hoto with life rep, dex, and oak. Unless you can somehow incorporate the extra fcr from wizzy with other gear to really make use of it, I've already explained freeing up a ringslot does nothing but either +1sk, slightly better rare, permenant CBF, or permenant 20% LSorb. Not to mention couple of those mods can be already be attained with hoto. With my first setup in all fields, we need 1 fcr ring leaving us with 1 more ringspot, which can be used for another rare or raven.

hoto-40
spirit - 80
coa - 30
anni - 20
torch - 20
mara - 30

That is 220, let's say we take away 30 because we can't afford perf items.190. but thats without tri res boot / dual rings. I used wraith brands, they give me near 50 in f/c/l with near 19~ str and 20fhr, with 29 lr fcr ring and such. But I just realized I expected everyone to be using a gg rare boots.

Soo... this is weird, but I totally changed my view.

My #1 choice for weapon will be a +40% LR Jool'd Wizzy. There's too much V/T and Mages these days. It goes with the theme of this paly, versatility. Ignoring Conviction would be horribly stupid thing to do in today's d2 pub scene. So this wizzy would give 115 LR. whow.

So already making plans for v2. Thanks a lot guys. Lookin for real crits from morots + etc. :cool: help me make a gg hdin guide guys

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
its a decent minguide, i personally would take the wizzy as most ppl just see the 3 skills on hoto and miss the fact that wizzy has 10% more fcr, meaning easier to hit the 125% fcr bp not to mention the nice mana supply and huge stacked res which is even more intense if u socket with a 15 all res jewel
Meh. I didn't like this, but I decided to attempt to block Conviction on this hdin.

Now that leaves me 2 ring slots open, or a belt slot if I use dual fcr rings.

Think I should use Tgods? 90 max lr + conviction proof zomG?

am I focusing too hard on LR here? and I find LR > CR > FR > Psn, but I don't think I'm gonna bother too much with CR.

another belt choice = dungoes. Maybe OrtBer the CoA? LOL (jool better, but OrtBer GG). then it wont be conviction proof, it will be 25/25 stick + griff + 5/5 hoz + conviction proof. :wink3:

me said:
Oh, actually I expected ppl to think Wizzy > HoTo, just because it makes them look like they know what they're doing. Ppl will go omg wizzy he chooses wizzy>hoto! this guy's serious! so I was sort of implying reverse psychology. So I used reverse x2 psych.
Guess my reverse psychology pwnd me, as it made me think I knew what I was doing by not doing what ppl thought they knew they were doing, but really wizzy may be the better choice.

Actually, I think hoto will still overpower wizzy if you can get awesome trires boot / high lr fcr rings.

akumaxyz

Banned
best bm hdin setup is
wizspike 15res or cold res jewel
trangs
tgods
20% fcr amu
35% spirit
2x raven
hotspurs

remember this is 1 vs 7 bm you will need both cold and light stack very high,2xraven to survive cookie blizz sors, if you dont have enough you will die to blizz sors in 1-2 blizz

you only need hoto for 1 v 1 against necros the oak sage dies too quick in pub 1 v 7.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
best bm hdin setup is
wizspike 15res or cold res jewel
trangs
tgods
20% fcr amu
35% spirit
2x raven
hotspurs

remember this is 1 vs 7 bm you will need both cold and light stack very high,2xraven to survive cookie blizz sors, if you dont have enough you will die to blizz sors in 1-2 blizz

you only need hoto for 1 v 1 against necros the oak sage dies too quick in pub 1 v 7.
Tri res / fhr / str boots > hotspurs.

explain the rest of your setup more detailed if you want me to pay serious attention to it. 20% amu's are possible, but I do not list em as they are a rare sight to behold, especially an efficient one like +2 paly. As I've said, I will consider a permenant tgods.

2 ravens = 80 life saved per blizz. almost no use against blizz sorcs, only thing it will get me is complete orber shutdowns.

thanks. truthfully, blizz sorcs are one of the few elementalists that I fear I may never be able to shutdown. I mean can anyone?

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member
With that set up though you will not hit the 125 bp which ive been told is an abosolute MUST for pvp. I still think the op's setup is one of the most optimum, high dmg, 125 bp, 86 fhr bp, high/over stacked res, great 4k+ life, you cant go wrong.

-BLoke :smug:

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
With that set up though you will not hit the 125 bp which ive been told is an abosolute MUST for pvp. I still think the op's setup is one of the most optimum, high dmg, 125 bp, 86 fhr bp, high/over stacked res, great 4k+ life, you cant go wrong.

-BLoke :smug:
hoto-40
spirit-35
spider-20
trang-20
fcr ring-10

125... still leaving a ring/helm/ammy spot open... just follow my #1 recommended gear setup. If you use others, look at the part that says 125/86 is an absolute must. ^^ You must somehow tweak your gear yourself to meet the requirements.

akumaxyz

Banned
Tri res / fhr / str boots > hotspurs.

explain the rest of your setup more detailed if you want me to pay serious attention to it. 20% amu's are possible, but I do not list em as they are a rare sight to behold, especially an efficient one like +2 paly. As I've said, I will consider a permenant tgods.

2 ravens = 80 life saved per blizz. almost no use against blizz sorcs, only thing it will get me is complete orber shutdowns.

thanks. truthfully, blizz sorcs are one of the few elementalists that I fear I may never be able to shutdown. I mean can anyone?
hot spur is simply needed if you want bm, high dmg fire sors can kill you easy and you wont know if they have -fire res or not, or if they get a convic merc on you your good as dead.

to complete shutdown blizz sor you will need to use a cold resist shield with 75fcr.
actually blizz sors are one of the weakest sors out there once you stack enough, they're just a bunch of whiny players who complain when people counter their - resist

i always 1 vs 7 bm pub with hdin if you dont think my setup work you can try out your own and find out, another option on helmet is a +2pal 20fcr 2 os resist circlet

akumaxyz

Banned
one way to counter blizz sors is to get alot of cold resist charms 2x thul coa or pala helm this way you will maintain 125fcr

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
hot spur is simply needed if you want bm, high dmg fire sors can kill you easy and you wont know if they have -fire res or not, or if they get a convic merc on you your good as dead.

to complete shutdown blizz sor you will need to use a cold resist shield with 75fcr.
actually blizz sors are one of the weakest sors out there once you stack enough, they're just a bunch of whiny players who complain when people counter their - resist

i always 1 vs 7 bm pub with hdin if you dont think my setup work you can try out your own and find out, another option on helmet is a +2pal 20fcr 2 os resist circlet
If fb sorcs are too much a problem, then just wear hotspur. no biggie, except maybe the str u lose from rare might be a problem.

you cannot get complete shutdown on a blizz. I could wear all out cold, but generally desynch hammer > blizz. Not too big a worry. Slap on Thul Kira if need be.

You cannot get a 2/20/2/res, unless you mean like Um the sockets.

coa > all for main helm. thanks for suggestions. :azn:

akumaxyz

Banned
why cant you get 2/20/2os resist?, and yes you can complete shut down blizz sors 95% cold resist+ stack> any cold sor

blobswannabe

Diabloii.Net Member
You forgot about boing yourself with level 55 bo using a bo barb. 8k life with oak and you'll never die in a pub.

The best hammerdins aren't those asian ones. They rely too much on desynch charge which gets predictable. (prolly cuz of their high ping) I chase them down with my nec with ease. The best hammerdins are the ones that mix desynch charge with tele such as NV. IMO the most effecitve way to use a hammerdin is to desynch then tele on people while you are invisible.

Also you really need a lot of life/res charms to be able to counter multiple elements at the same time. Gear switches alone won't get the job done not to mention if you rely on gear switches too much you'll make yourself vulnerable against non elemental chars.

A truely effectively 1 on 7 BM hammerdin is a rich man's build. Also hoto is more important than most people realize. It's not just about the +3 skill. You won't be able to tele on necs unless you oak stack. Oak stack will also help you tremedously against zons and other hammerdins.