Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kool69's Thirteen - (Questions)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kool69, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Kool69's Thirteen - (Questions)

Okay question time! Again! Yay!
    • 1.) Okay say I have a un synergized level 20 Iron Golem (12 - 33 damage in Hell) which is made of a savage polearm (lets say 33-86 damage) would the two sets of damages be added or would the polearms damage override that of the golem?
    • 2.) Would a level 20 Fire Golem (80% damage increase for IG) increase just the golems base damage or its damage when made from an weapon?
    • 3.) Which items can iron golem's not be made of?
    • 4.) Where can I find a list of the level of HF: level of mercinary ratio for an Act II NM Defensive mercinary?
    • 5.) Does the negative 100 resists in hell affect minions?
    • 6.) Are minion resists capped at 75%?
    • 7.) Does elemental damage from an item carry over to a iron golem when it is created? Example a mace with 1-76 lighting damage.
    • 8.) Is a iron golem capible of life leech via life tap?
    • 9.) Can unleechables such as skeletons and hell mephisto be leeched from via life tap?
    • 10.) Does the ED% from a weapon add to the total ED of the iron golem's damage? Or does it only affect the damage brought from the weapon?
    • 11.) Is Baal's mana eater attack fire based? (I know it was in earlier versions such as 1.07) Is his ring of orange things fire based?
    • 12.) How resistant is Diablo to fire damage and what is his fire damage from his two fire based attacks on each difficulty?
    • 13.) Also do resists and other bonuses such as life regan transfer over to an iron golem when it is created?

Thank you all for reading this and replying to my questions!

-Kool69

2. Krikke

Krikke IncGamers Member

9) at least skeletons can be, that's for sure

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

1. They are added. The golem "equips" the item it´s made from.
    2. I don´t have a clue (a very good question)
    3. That which is not made of metal. Any bows, crossbows, weapons made of nothing but wood, leather items, all belts except Plated ones, Crystal Swords. I don´t know about items that are neither weapons nor armor (like rings and charms)
    4. Here.
    5. No, they have no resist penalty
    6. No, they can become immune to one or more elements.
    7. Yes.
    8. Yes.
    9. Yes. (unless it´s a Possesed monster, because they can´t be cursed!)
    10. I assume it works like when a character uses a weapon.
    11. Yes and yes
    12. Diablo has 33% fire resistance in Normal, 50% in NM and Hell. Don´t know about the damage*
    13. Yes. Magic Find does not carry over, though.

* even though fire golems show as fire immune when you hover the cursor over them (with Unsummon selected), Diablo can still slay them with his Firestorm (pretty quickly, too).

4. Summoned

Summoned IncGamers Member

3) Anyting that doesn't look metal (staff, wands, bows).
    5) Not 100% sure, but I believe it's no.
    6) No. Iron Golems can be immune. ;)
    7) Yes.
    8) Yes.
    9) Yes.
    11) I'm going to guess that mana rift is either magical or physical in nature, but not sure. The incineration nova (ring of imp-casted bolts) is definitely fire.
    12) You can find out at the Arreat Summit. I'm guessing he's 75% resistant to fire. (Edit: I'm wrong. :p )
    13) Resistances do transfer, but to make an Iron Golem immune, you HAVE to use an item with 100% or more resistance. The only things that I can think of are 4-socketed paladin shields socketed with 4 diamonds.

5. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

@jiansonz and Summoned: Thanks, that answers a lot of questions, however summoned you said you have to use a items with over 100 resists? Even if you have say a level 6 summon resist? (+50 to minion resists)

6. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Not so. Iron Golems are already immune to poison and have 50% lightning resistance. I quote the rest from the Golem FAQ in the Necro forum:

"Socket Shield With a P Ruby and P Sapphire – Combined with the Summon Resist skill at 60% (level 12) this will render your IG completely element immune. No need for socketed pally shields, Wizard Spikes, or excessive P Diamonds. There are plenty of enemies with the Conviction aura in Hell, however so it doesn’t hurt to get more resists than necessary."

7. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Oh wow, sweetness, I thought he just started off with 0 resists to all. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

8. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

You really should have a look at the golem guide in the necromancer forum (stickied there). That one is a very good guide and covers almost anything you ever want to know about golems (RTB had his hands on it, for example).

EDIT: for convenience: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=325107