Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Known 1.10 trigger-hack methods

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by kurg, Feb 3, 2004.

1. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Known 1.10 trigger-hack methods

Note: I'm posting this because the people that would do such things already know about these things. This is to protect those of us who are NOT so lame, by educating ourselves into what to watch out for.

What are the trigger-hack skills that work in 1.10? I'm curious because I died to one last night, my first pk-related death. The guy was a lvl 71 necro using fastcast bone-spirit (and scroll-lock). TP + hostile + juv gulp + juv gulp + deeds.

I know blizz supposedly fixed hydra and guided arrow.

The known 1.10 methods are what?:
    Blessed Hammer (haven't seen any in a long time, why?)
    Bone spirit (confirmed this works by dying to it)

What about:
    Meteor?
    Other zon skills?
    Conversion?
    Druid elemental skills?

Another caution:
    I actually also noticed that my missionary paladin (conversion + thorns) very occasionally will have the monsters revert back with thorns still on them. I'm not sure if it was a server-lag issue or what. But it definitely was taking place one night during one game, my merc killed himself two or three times during that one game. I think the damage wasn't 1250 percent damage reflected, because sometimes he would live and only lost 1/3-1/2 of his life or so. I think the 'bug' was returning 100% damage dealt. Anyway its a caution for you melee'ers that conversion + thorns CAN hurt possibly kill you under very rare circumstances.

2. äger

äger IncGamers Member

Although hammers were available as a pk method earlier, they are fixed now, as I believe the rest are also.
    Strange with your experience.

The conversion + thorns thingie, old news.

3. senji

senji Banned

is this on uswest by any chance?

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

A friend got nailed by BS Wp or TP hostile last night on east.

5. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

If it wasnt for the fact that necro's HURT so badly it wouldnt be such a big deal...but 1k pvp dmg (hypothetical) tend to sting when they can fire off a string of 4 or so. That's an insta dead sorc/zon/asn

6. senji

senji Banned

it depends on where you go trigger pk
    in hell baal runs you need 800 pvp atleast

nm baals 500 is enough aready
    normal baal is a joke easy prey

getting 6k bs is a little hard you need marrowwalks 10 bone charms and alot of + skill items

but if you have such necro you can kill everyone on the realms haha easy

its more fun if you do it with a partner double damage

7. NightShade

I no longer feel ashamed to be scared out of my mind when a necro is spamming BS at me for no reason.

8. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

sorry i'm a newb but what exactly does a trigger hack DO

9. NightShade

Involves you being dead, and them being in town...cackling at you.

10. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

thanks for the informative post. mind a little elaboration?

11. NightShade

I mainly do spam, so this is a stretch.

They fire a volley of "what ever" at you, tp to town and hostile (doing such is called tppk, using a module to do it is called trigger)

12. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

It was on east.

The guy actually came back and duelled the hammerdin who survived his initially volley.... and he eventually killed the pally.

Funny thing was he was 'helping' us loot this other guy who had died to a nasty boss pack of black souls in the area with izzy. (they took me down to about 20 health, but my relief at living was short-lived). He cleared out the bad guys, and while I was trying to figure out why loot wasn't working, I assumed those stray balls of death were intended for monsters off to the side..... oops.

It was a rather clever use of opportunity, but after the event I realized two things. He was WAY off the screen, so he was almost positively using scroll-lock feature of maphack. Secondly, he ran right out to where the first dead guy was, so he knew where the entrance to izzy was, another indication of maphack.

I don't know if he really used trigger, or just did it manually. But he definitely was a map-hacker, so what's the difference. Cheating is cheating.

Anyway it was a bad game, 3 of us dead, mine being the lamest death of the 3 (tppk). The pally coulda bailed, and the assasin got killed by the blacksouls.

13. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I've heard volcanoes stick from druids, but I'm not sure. I also couldn't see it doing enough damage to kill any in NM baals who's character actually deserves to be there.

With level 40 skills and max synergies it's like 800 dmg per boulder hit and 2k fire per second. Facets would bring it up a bit, but still =/

14. Tredogg

Tredogg IncGamers Member

The thorns + conversion thing has been used by lame pkers since classic. Basically the aura will stay on the monsters for a few seconds after they revert back out of your control so the unsuspecting barbarian who is wwing near or into them will pop and you can loot him. Its pure cheese.

15. g3rb1l

g3rb1l IncGamers Member

well i know as of now they have programs that take the tp's for you automatically like trigger but without the hostile, be careful because sooner or later a new trigger is going to be out their is also a few drophacks coming out so keep an eye out ;}

16. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

This was supposedly 'fixed' in 1.10. Auras no longer 'stick' when the converted monster unconverts. I've found this to be true 99+ percent of the time, but that one game there was a very brief (i.e. 0.5 second) delay before the thorns aura was removed. That was long enough that if my merc was standing right next to the monster when it unconverted, he'd kill himself. For people with human reaction time, I don't think it would be an issue, except some skills, like zeal or WW might auto-target an unconverted monster.

Also, I don't think it was returning full thorns damage, because sometimes he would live, and lose only a big chunk of life. If it was returning full thorns damage, he woulda killed himself with only a minimum damage hit.