Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Knocked back 10 levels?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by rustcoil, Jul 12, 2010.

1. rustcoil

rustcoil IncGamers Member

Knocked back 10 levels?

Hi. I am totally new to Diablo 2. I am on my first character and was leveling solo. When I hit lvl 25 I started doing Baal runs. I played for 4-5 hours and got to around lvl 65. Then this morning I jumped on and did some more Baal runs on a new channel to lvl 69, and when I hit lvl 70, I allocated points and noticed that my character was now lvl 60. WEIRD? Anyway, I kept playing, and then I noticed that the new games from the host did not exist when created, so assuming they were bot hosted games and perhaps I was penalized for being in them? Any other ideas?

Edit- I am not positive, but judging from the "5" on the skills speed-screen, it looks an awful lot like a "6" so this could be the answer. I am sure it is unlikely there is a different explanation.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. DRCL

DRCL IncGamers Member

Re: Knocked back 10 levels?

Yeah if you're new to D2 and haven't got used to the 5 looking like a 6, you'll mess up a couple times.. But I'm sure if you saw 70 that wouldn't be the problem..
    I have no idea why that would happen though..

3. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure its the Font issue as well. Even when I KNOW it's a 5, I'll often second guess myself :p

never heard of anyone losing levels since I've been playing (2001), but there's a first for everything ;)

4. Hew

Hew IncGamers Member

yesterday my lv 68 necro was lvl 1 when i logged on! and the only item was 1gold in stash! i was confused and couldnt figure it out. the weird thing is i reloaded the game later thinking my nec was "wiped out", and there he was... i just started playing SP, weird though....

5. Elyxthaxzus

being single player that could've been just a mild error accessing the save files, which corrected itself the next time you logged in. I've had corrupted save files before that I restored with a backup (something you can do with single player thankfully)

6. enthalpy

enthalpy IncGamers Member

ya... blizzard doesn't penalize you by removing levels LOL..... if you are caught cheating.. which entering games hosted by bots isnt cheating... repeat NOT CHEATING.... because even if u are 1000000% they are bots, you aren't breaking anything in the terms of service by following them...

like i said, they dont remove levels, they temp ban/account close/ and ip ban you... along with cd key bans... but they dont remove levels. ever...

EVER....

7. Elyxthaxzus

And EVER.

10 chars