Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

King of the Hill or The Simpsons

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Apr 23, 2005.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

King of the Hill or The Simpsons

Out of those two, what one do you prefer? I prefer King of the Hill. I got the first season on DVD from Gamestop for 10 bucks. They were running this buy 2 get 1 free special and I just couldn't pass that up.

Way back, The Simpsons were great..they seem to have lost their appeal to me. King of the Hill has kept that appeal (at least for me).

So, what show do you prefer?

2. rare

rare IncGamers Member

Those DVD's were that cheap for a reason :uhhuh:

Simpsons WERE great, but I've been watching them for so long, I'd rather keep watching them go downhill little by little. Through the good and the bad, like they say.

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I like King of the Hill more now. I grew up watching The Simpsons, when I was little I called Bart "Barp Simsim". I knew every episode and every line. Now, I don't think it is that great, they have been going down hill ever since Conan stopped writing for them. I have still seen every episode, but I know less lines per episode. Part of it may be that there are just less lines to know, or rather less lines worthy of knowing.

In any case King of the Hill wins for the time being.

4. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

Family Guy and American Dad are on May 1st on fox... i prefer those.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

Family Guy is my favorite

Simpsons was the best but nowadays its bringing up the rear with American Dad

King of the Hill is in the middle for me, plenty boring episodes, and plenty great episodes

6. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

Argh, I can't stand King of the Hill. The animation, the voice acting, the jokes, the whole thing just annoys me. I really tried to get into it once, but oh man.

If you give me the choice between those two shows, for sure, the Simpsons.

I also grew up with the simpsons, especially when there was like 4 episodes a day. I've seen every episode of the earlier seasons more times than I can remember. But yeah, I guess I can say the lines come natural when I think of each episode.

Every at this age, those episodes seem to have shaped the way my friends and I are. Jokes come up, and we sometimes say "remember that episode of the simpsons where blah blah blah" and we laugh. Some lines we've grown attached to. Example recently: "Worst..... exam......... ever!"

As for the newer episodes, I barely have any interest in watching them, its either they got boring, taste in TV changed or there's just better TV out there.

The cartoon show that I enjoy watching now is Family Guy. I am looking foward to the 4th (?) season in May. I would put in American Dad, but I just don't see it being able to come up as much material as Family Guy. The first episode was definitely amazing. I love that fish.

If you want to include anime into this question, Naruto all the way.

7. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

American Dad is just a political rehash of Family Guy. The characters are pretty much the same. I find the jokes in AD to just be kinda boring.

8. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Everything's better in Texas

I still miss Futurama. But at least I have Family Guy back.

The more recent episodes of the Simpsons (namely the last three) have actually been pretty good but the last few seasons of the Simpsons have had a lot of sub-par and even poor episodes (how many "Bart acts up, learns a lesson" or "Lisa learns smarts aren't everything" or "Homer's an idiot" episodes do we need?)

King of the Hill is very funny and witty at times, usually when Dale opens his fat mouth about something and Hank tells him to shut up. The interplay between Hank, Dale, and Bill smacks of the Three Stooges and watching Bobby refuse to grow up (and do everything possible to exasperate his dad) is a laugh riot.

9. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Ugh, I hate King of the Hill. It reminds me of the hick town I used to live in.

Simpsons all the way.

10. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I don't mind watching King of the Hill, some of the jokes are actually pretty cool. But I would go with Simpsons for the win.

People complain about how bad the newer Simpsons episodes are getting when in reality I think they're pretty funny because I like stupid comedy (Family Guy).

11. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

Family Guy is clever

Simpsons writers have no grasp of subtlety or satire

12. Riegn

Riegn IncGamers Member

Out of those two King of the Hill is the winner ...... BUT Futureama or however you spell it is the best out their by far :)

13. IGmaN

IGmaN IncGamers Member

king of the hill, this show is absoluteley UNDERRATED because its really funny, but oin the other hand, the are stupid episodes like when hank built the house for strickland and then he got promoted and hank told strikland that he loves him, i didnt find that funny. the simpsons were good in the beggining, but now the episodes are so weird, like the other day i watcjed the episode where flanders wife died. that episode started as the family went hiking! how out of place is that! KOTH al the way :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

14. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

king of teh hill is by far the most boring thign ive ever watched

15. rare

rare IncGamers Member

I could hear boomhauer (or however it's spelled) all day.

The simpsons used to have...i guess you could call it, human feeling. At least when i was young, the episodes sort of dragged you in because they were funny, but you actually felt sorry for the characters.

One that really sticks out is the one wehre Lisa turns into a vegetarian. As funny as it was, i couldn't help smiling for Homer when he finally accepts his flying pig was nothing to get angry about, and that he needs to show respect for others' beliefs.

And when he gives Lisa a piggy back ride to the tune of a Beatles/Paul song with the sun setting and both of them laughing...

afk crying :(

16. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Simpsons. I can't stand the Peggy character, she ruins every episode she's in.

17. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

if I have to pick from those two I would say Simsons. They have done everything and I am sure in a few years we weill have plenty of cartoonists saying that it was the Simpsons who inspired them to start their own cartoons.

If we are talking our fave cartoon of all time it has to be Invader Zim. there is nothing that even comes close and I recommend everyone check it out.

18. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

simpsons
    when i think about it i have no idea what is king of the hill :p

19. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

I, like most people here, detest King of the Hill and think that the Simpsons has really taken a nose dive over the last couple of years. However, Seasons 3-9 or so of the Simpsons is some of the best TV ever.

Either way, right now I'd rather watch reruns of Family Guy and Futurama, South Park, Venture Brothers and plenty of other "real" shows than either of the options here.

Go go Arrested Development.

20. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Croup, you're my hero. Arrested Development is by far the best TV show to grace the boob tube since Seinfeld, and Sports Night.