Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kind of a newb now

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DavidKS, Apr 13, 2008.

1. DavidKS

DavidKS IncGamers Member

Kind of a newb now

I used to play D2 a lot during v1.09 and haven't played since freshman year in high school. I now find things are REALLY different, and I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. What with synergies, no more hell cow leveling, etc... It's a pain.

I was just gonna ask if anyone knows any good ways of leveling up now? Also if anyone knows a good druid elemental build, that'd be awesome. :grin:

Thanks, David

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: Kind of a newb now

If you want to normally level it usually goes like this

1-15 trist
    15-20 tombs
    20-30 cows
    30-45 baal

Repeat for NM and hell.

Best way is get a rush to act 4 hell, you will need a grush for this(completing the baal quest by partying with someone who is in the throne killing him), then do chaos runs, you can get from 1-70 in 2 hours.

Very fastest way is Uber Trist leveling, you can learn what ubertrist is about in the sticky, but it requires you to get the items and 2 hammerdins and 1 bonewall necro to do it. And the games are always private so you will have to pay or know someone to get in. But this way you can go from 1-85 in 1 hour.

Druid guides are in the sticky in the druid forums. A windy is usually the best elemental druid, 20 cyclone armor, 20 tornado, 2 twister, 20 hurricane.

3. DavidKS

DavidKS IncGamers Member

I heard about that glitch rushing. Pretty intense.

I'll look into this stuff, thanks.

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

One of the fastest and easy way is :
    - Have a friend grush you up to Hell Act 5 (less than 2 hours with a good rusher),
    - And then HELL CHAOS RUN in 8-players games until ~60+ (2-3 hours with a good runner),
    - Then, have a friend kill the Hell Ancients for you (2 minutes with a good killer),
    - And finally, join Baalruns for good XP up to ~90+ :thumbsup: (several days with all those baalbots around...).

There's another option involving ÃœberTristram but the games are hard to find and to settle, so I won't give the details here.

5. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Actually I tend to see more and more of the UT threads in the Player Matchup Forums. Some people always incorporate some level of Uberleveling when they're fetching their Torch. It's a small effort to take a peek there once in a while.

6. DavidKS

DavidKS IncGamers Member

Wowza. I remember the good ole' days when it was just hell cows. Of course, back then a 6 year old could get a character leveled up :tongue:.

Looks like I'll have to see if some of my old friends still have strong accounts.