Killing speed bosses meteorb?

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
Killing speed bosses meteorb?

I never played a sorc but now (1) I have completed the Tal Rasha set, and (2) I discovered that my MF gal, a trapsin, is a wimp when a MF paly came to an 8 ppl game and killed the Shenk in like 1 second. So I am considering making a meteorb with tal rasha set. Does bosses go down quickly with this character?
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
whathappen said:
I never played a sorc but now (1) I have completed the Tal Rasha set, and (2) I discovered that my MF gal, a trapsin, is a wimp when a MF paly came to an 8 ppl game and killed the Shenk in like 1 second. So I am considering making a meteorb with tal rasha set. Does bosses go down quickly with this character?
Meteorb is an adept and versatile bosskiller:

Andy: 2 Meteors, a few Fireballs -> DEAD :D She does not liek Fire at all! Static not even required. Healthbar drops like it wasnt there.

Meph: Static to half, Fireball/FO -> DEAD, takes about 10-15 seconds once you are down at Meph

Pindle: Teleport in, blast away with Fireball/FO. Your Merc tanks Pindles nasty attacks. Also done in about 10-15 secs. No static used here.

Eldritch, Shenk. 10secs or so. Dont run them often.

Blizzard Sorc would be the only faster killer. CL/FO on the same speed as Meteorb, except for Andy and Pindle.
 

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you. I assume that these numbers are with other peeps in game.

melianor said:
Meteorb is an adept and versatile bosskiller:

Andy: 2 Meteors, a few Fireballs -> DEAD :D She does not liek Fire at all! Static not even required. Healthbar drops like it wasnt there.

Meph: Static to half, Fireball/FO -> DEAD, takes about 10-15 seconds once you are down at Meph

Pindle: Teleport in, blast away with Fireball/FO. Your Merc tanks Pindles nasty attacks. Also done in about 10-15 secs. No static used here.

Eldritch, Shenk. 10secs or so. Dont run them often.

Blizzard Sorc would be the only faster killer. CL/FO on the same speed as Meteorb, except for Andy and Pindle.
 

Celandro

Diabloii.Net Member
Hate to break it to you but pure lightning is at least as fast as blizzard. 3 statics + 3-5 lightning bolts will finish him off about the time the first blizzard can drop. 105FCR -59% Enemy Light Resist +15 light skills.. and thats with only 51 in synergies. Key is Griffons Eye + crescent moon rune word.
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Celandro said:
Hate to break it to you but pure lightning is at least as fast as blizzard. 3 statics + 3-5 lightning bolts will finish him off about the time the first blizzard can drop. 105FCR -59% Enemy Light Resist +15 light skills.. and thats with only 51 in synergies. Key is Griffons Eye + crescent moon rune word.
I didnt refer to using totally twinked gear. True though that Lightning really shines with ++skills and that wonderful -% to enemy lightning resitance you have!

Those are not with other people in game. When you do bosskilling there's no use for other people in game. I could nt tell that it is just as fast with 8-players, since i always do bossruns alone.

BUT you can do Pitruns with Meteorb or CL/FO just as easily. Just remember to bring along a Merc.
 

Celandro

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
I didnt refer to using totally twinked gear. True though that Lightning really shines with ++skills and that wonderful -% to enemy lightning resitance you have!

Those are not with other people in game. When you do bosskilling there's no use for other people in game. I could nt tell that it is just as fast with 8-players, since i always do bossruns alone.

BUT you can do Pitruns with Meteorb or CL/FO just as easily. Just remember to bring along a Merc.
Crescent moon runeword is very cheap and very effective for what it does. A single um rune gets you -35% enemy lightning resist. Add FCR and skills, and you are good to go. As far as pit runs go, those immune lightning archers are a total pita I agree but any pure build will have problems... where do you think I got my griffons eye anyway ;). As far as my gear goes, untwinked just a couple hours a day since ladder started got me everything I have plus many mules of tradeables. The high end gear is not that expensive outside of the griffons eye and 8 lightning GCs.

Anyhow, my point is that lightning is extremely effective with good gear, and crescent moon is wonderful. Although Im sure I confuse people when Im equipping that white mythical sword that looks a bit like a ali baba ;).
 

thenest

Diabloii.Net Member
metor,static,fireball, metor, couple fire balls till the 2nd metor hits dead takes like3-5 second depending if he stands still for me or not
 

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
Decided. I am going for a meteorb MF. Ty guys!

thenest said:
metor,static,fireball, metor, couple fire balls till the 2nd metor hits dead takes like3-5 second depending if he stands still for me or not
 
Top