Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Killing lightning enchants

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Zorrah, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Zorrah

Zorrah IncGamers Member

Killing lightning enchants

I've seen it said in more than a couple of places that a Summoner can survive hell naked. Also, I've seen always run away or reset when you see a doubleshot lightning enchanted mob. Are these "naked" necromancers actually killing these things, and what methods are used if that's the case? Are they Iron golems made out of lightning resist gear? Horrific amounts of points spent in summon resist? Voodoo? Even a lightning enchanted without the double shot has a habit of thinning out my horde pretty quickly, I'm just curious as to how it's done.

2. Kyonu

Kyonu IncGamers Member

Re: Killing lightning enchants

Summoner's get all those skeletons with "Summon Resist" to keep the lightning at bay. As I understand, summons do not get modified resistances through nightmare and hell mode like players do.

3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

You can do it naked, but it's mostly exaggeration to point out how easy a summoner can be to play. Obviously some areas and monsters are going to be a problem.

In your case: Teleport charges help a lot for those types of situations. It should be easy to clear the area with CE, then tele on top (or on the edge) of the LE monster and walk away.

4. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

The main thing is getting your resist up. Keep resummoning clay golem to distract. If you have to scout an easy area and make a new army then go back to the tough stuff. Then it should be simple cake.

5. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

to do it Naked?
    I'd go for a fishy build, so you have a high level CE, run away from the super unique and clear out a pack of normal monsters.
    Go back to the Super, running ahead of your army and lead him over the corpse stack, cast clay golem right in the middle of the corpse pile, let your army surround the super and CE away.

Expect your army to die, you can re-summon them, just make sure you stay clear of the path of charged bolts or you're toast.

6. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

An act 2 merc wearing 'peace' armour is cheap and effective.

7. Zorrah

Zorrah IncGamers Member

I really wasn't planning on doing it naked myself, but I figured that even if people are exaggerating, they must have some way they are dealing with those, wether it is ignoring, logging, or actually killing them. Currently, I have a +2 to skills dagger and a +1 Skills necklace, total of about 11 points in Skeleton master 11 points in skeleton and 4 in summon resist, after the bonuses.

Oh, and this is at level 50, act 2 nightmare.

8. willyspuddle

willyspuddle IncGamers Member

Dim vision. Attract. Terror. 1 point revive.

These are the tools until gear is available.

Cheers!

9. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Amp, Dim Vision, Attract, possibly the occasional bone wall and Corpse Explosion are all a neccy needs.

10. IntellectSucks

IntellectSucks IncGamers Member

I've never played one, but I imagine a naked nec would put a lot more points into revive than normal. With enough points, revives are basically immortal, the right ones (urdars, frenzytaurs, etc) will really put a hurt on even the toughest lightning enchants.

11. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

err, over at the Barons Bazaar we run something called the Halloween Hardcore Challenge where the object is to see how far you can get in just your starting and quest reward gear.

necro summoners were banned from the outset. iirc, it was last won by a phoenix strike assassin who got to hell act 3 (i think).