Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Killing Diablo

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Terraicarus, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Terraicarus

Terraicarus IncGamers Member

Killing Diablo

I have tried to kill Diablo several times (normal difficulty) and failed miserably, being quickly killed by the chaos sanctuary bosses and minions. I am a level 26 barb - is this too low?

P.S. If anyone is willing to kill Diablo for me that would be much appreciated too (Europe Softcore Ladder).

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Re: Killing Diablo

It depends on your items, but indeed it can be difficult. Get yourself a shield if possible to block some of his attacks and perhaps get a 4 row belt stuffed with health potions. Watch out for his fire attacks, stand really close to him so you do not get hit by his lightning hose.
    If you have very little cold resistance you may wish to buy some of those yellow potions, they help you defrost when Diablo hits and cold-slows you. They will also give you +50 cold res for 30 seconds after taking it.

As for the minions and the bosses, most damage you will take in CS is fire damage, try to get some more of that, perhaps fill a socketed shield with a ruby and some diamonds if you have those available.

Watch out for Iron Maiden, it's a curse which looks like little fireflies over your head and any physical, melee damage you do will be returned to you, often killing you in a few hits, because the monsters have a lot more life then you. Just wait out the curse if they do that to you. It's likely they will cast another curse over it, removing the Iron Maiden.

3. Terraicarus

OK. Thank you. I think I need to improve my resistance.

4. grShaman

grShaman IncGamers Member

When you see big groups of monsters, especially Oblivion Knights, try to make 2 or 3 follow you, so that you can kill them, and then go for the rest.

If you are desperate after 20 runs and still need someone to help you kill Diablo, PM me.

5. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

As others have said resists are key, without knowing your equipment and stats it's hard to give better advise really. Once upon a time he was much harder, as were the seal bosses, 'specially de Seis.

Best of luck!

6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Remember potion poppin Seis ? Now he was a fun guy to hang around with, even though he stole all your beer.

7. Terraicarus

Thanks guys. Diablo is dead and I'm now a "sir"...bring on nightmare!