Killing Diablo is going to take a while...

ToddMcF2002

Diabloii.Net Member
I realize his red lightning is to be avoided now. Yikes. I had to quit for the night and I'll try him again tomorrow. Question - do all the mobs respawn in his sanctum??? I'm assuming the 5 gates are still open when I go back in?

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
If you exit the game then everything respawns, though bosspacks vary in number and mods and where they spawn.

You will have to redo the seals, ya

imakeigloospat

Diabloii.Net Member
Try to get your lightning and fire res as high as possible.
It actually doesn't do fire damage, but physical and lightning damage. PDR / DR% can help a lot, PDR even more so I guess because it hits every few frames. Shield can also block the physical damage part.

Also if you want to cheese, I believe the hit box of the lightning hose doesn't hit you if you stand very close to Diablo himself (don't test this in Hardcore! :D).

Edit:
Although I guess you're right in having fire resistance helps against Diablo in general considering his other attacks.

Last edited:

BKC

Diabloii.Net Member
stand in his face it helps a lot (there is a sweet spot where the red lightning wont hurt you! (watch his claw though it might still hurt)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
It actually doesn't do fire damage, but physical and lightning damage ...

Edit:
Although I guess you're right in having fire resistance helps against Diablo in general considering his other attacks.
Sorry, yeah, that is what I meant. Fire damage from his other attacks.

And yes, standing really close to him helps for the lightning hose attack. It's still frightening at times though.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If this is about a javelin amazon, I would enter melee. It's probably useful to have equipment with a chance to deal crushing blows, like Goblin Toe boots, although that might be a bit unrealistic wehn playing untwinked. It might even be useful to use a weapon other than a spear if it has a bonus to crushing blows.

And yes, standing really close to him helps for the lightning hose attack.
Not in normal mode, however. It would be helpful to find out which gesture he makes before he's breathing or spilling fire.

Last edited:

zoo

Diabloii.Net Member
The lightning hose hurts but so does the firestorm if you are low on fire resist.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
In Normal, I usually prefer to keep a healty distance. I've killed him with things like Fiery Pilum (bought from Jamella) and plain Throw, both with Assassin, Amazon and Paladin. Several repairs needed, but reasonably safe.

Jocular

Diabloii.Net Member
In Normal, I usually prefer to keep a healty distance. I've killed him with things like Fiery Pilum (bought from Jamella) and plain Throw, both with Assassin, Amazon and Paladin. Several repairs needed, but reasonably safe.
Agree, you've got to keep your space with him in norm, especially on higher /plvl.