Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Killing clone...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Azonian, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Killing clone...

Hrmm just outta curiousity cuz its theoretical..i think most of you can figure out why..but if you guys noticed...when andariel dies...monsters in a certain radius of her die as well. Would this mean that just as shenk causes a death radius of all things, that dclone would too die if he was caught within andariels death range?.

The reason why its theoretical is cuz in order to get the andariel, you would have to teleport/run through the cats. probably would run into one boss..if he walks before..then you spawn him pre andy. The only way is if you were on lvl 4 and hadnt spawn the bosses that are sometimes located in the area past the double doors. THEN diablo walks..still just an interesting thought

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Only super-uniques bosses can be replaced by the clone. Random bosses can't. There is no super-unique in Catacombs 4 (not even a boss IIRC), so that won't work. It's the same with Radament - no other super-unique in sewers 3.

Some weeks ago there was a large thread about the shenk trick which you just reinvented - in theory. It worked for a time, but now the clone won't die anymore when he is near the dying Shenk. Another candidate would be Blood Raven (you could lure the clone to her if e.g. Rakanishu gets replaced by the clone). But it doesn't work as well.

However, I never tried any of these tricks. When the clone appears, my Hammerdin enters the scene and finishes him up (which has happened twice so far in ladder). I normally do that in the Den of Evil.

3. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

if he spawns in your game twice so far, that mean you play wayyyyyy to much. :) happen to me once, and the other time was from a call for help.

4. TheRavenaaa

TheRavenaaa IncGamers Member

Actually twice is not alot, there's people who have seen DC hundreds of times.

5. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

if he actually spawns in YOUR game, i said. if you track him down hundreds of times that's different story. i believe ppl play alot of D2 and may have had him spawn in their game quite a few times, and i just wanted to point that out that if you see him in that style more than twice, you are playing too much. as i play too much as it is, and i had him spawn on me once.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm playing perhaps 2-3 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. I think that's not much when considering that a lot of people who still play Diablo are <20 years old diehards who have the time to play triple that amount.

Assuming there always is a server which creates soj count games (in which the clone will appear sooner or later, AFAIK), the chance is around 1 in 250 that a created game will be a soj count game.

I do roughly 100 meph runs and start perhaps another 25 games per week, so more or less once per two weeks I should get a soj count game. Once the clone came 3 minutes after the game was created and once I let the computer run overnight, doing the outer cloister door trick, and when I got up next morning, the clone has appeared. In all the other soj count games, I left the game after I was finished with my business (meph run and, because of the soj counter, also pit, mausoleum and ancient tunnels).

7. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

Death animations no longer affect DClone.

You are correct there are no super uniques in catacombs 4, but there are 2-4 boss packs there in hell difficulty. So, no, DClone can't spawn there.