Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Killing Baal as Paladin

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by gabrielop, Apr 5, 2004.

1. gabrielop

gabrielop IncGamers Member

Killing Baal as Paladin

Hi all--I have an Avenger Paladin and this is my first time all the way through the Expansion. He is at Lvl 40 and doing fairly well until I get into Baal's room behind the throne. I had no problem with Baal's minions, but it seems like I am getting nowhere with Baal himself. I have had to portal out at least 10 times and there is still about 2/3 of Baal's hit point left (and of course there were two of him at that point). Any suggestions on how to wipe him up quickly??

Thanks

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Well, check your AR, maybe you dont hit him often enough.. get some AR charms, or pump dex a little higher, maybe that helps :thumbsup:

robin

3. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

The moment he summons his clone or whatever it is called, just tp to town or walk to the upper left or right corner of his throne room. The clone will dissapear in a moment. It takes quite a lot to handle 2 baals at once

Besides that it is like strijdje said, often a problem with ar, combined with beeing slowed from his cold attack

4. gabrielop

You guys are right--I just realized I still had on my MFing gear, so I wasn't exactly doing a lot of damage---but, hey, kudos for me for getting through the minions with my MF gear on!! :winner:

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

haha, wait till your mf-runs :cheesy:
    Anywayz, good luck with baal and your new found glory ;)

Hope he drops something nice and shiny for you, just switch back to your mf-gear once he has only a sliver health left and get the last blow with as much as mf possible, he should cough up something besides that puke i think :scratch:

robin

6. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Definitely do what Slartibartfast said, keep the clone under control. If you have two mana burning, life draining clouds hitting you at the same time, you can go down pretty easily.

What's your Merc doing...aside from dying? I like the Act II mercs, either Might or Holy Freeze, for avengers.

What kind of weapon are you using? Make sure you've got lot's of life/mana leach (though, that's obvious) and Ignore Target Defense. I'm pretty sure that works on Super Uniques....

I just Pat'd an Avenger about a month ago and I don't think I ever got above 100 Dex until I was deep into Hell--then it was only so I could use a Gimmershred Flying Axe.

7. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

Great reply there, might and holy freeze only come from nightmare :p

Good luck with baal, he can be pesky for melee chars!

:wave:

8. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

:flip: Oops... I don't know why I thinking he was in Nightmare already (slightly embarrassed)

Ummm, yeah. So, once you get to Nightmare, go for a Might or Holy Freeze :)

9. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Another option, if you are still having a problem, and still have the portal that Anya created, is to switch to players 8 and run pindle for a couple of hours. That is all it should take to get your avenger from 40ish to level 60.

10. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

I dont know if your Avenger Pally uses melee weapons, but I think Ribcracker is great for whacking Baal's tough ole hide. I was amazed to see him go down in about 4 hits with it (of course I have Fanat maxed but still...).

try a Ribcracker with Shael in it

11. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Ribcracker is great for the ultra high crushing blow on the weapon. It can bring Baal's life down very fast. :)

12. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Ribcracker=good idea. Other good things to add to take down massive HP are Crushing Blow items. Very useful, especially if you're doing little damage from low-level skills.

13. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

As an avenger you should not have any ar problem though, even if your displayed ar is not that high, but you can get -92% def by the time you get to lvl 25 conviction.

But one way to determine which one is true baal is, look at his name, in true baal's name, the letter B and and the letter D in demon description is not vertically aligned, while it is for the clone. This is for English version, not sure about others.

14. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

This was true up until the final 1.10 patch. Last time I did a Baal run, the demon title was in the same place compared to the Baal title for both the clone and the original.

15. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

16. gabrielop

Improved my AR and took him down pretty easily--thanks all.