Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Killing assasins with mindblast

Discussion in 'PvP' started by uNxHiTMaN, Mar 26, 2005.

1. uNxHiTMaN

uNxHiTMaN Banned

Killing assasins with mindblast

what is a good paladin build to kill assasins with mindblast?

They just tele away and lock me. My FOH cant even get close to them.

Is a pure charger a viable option?
    What will the armor/weapons combo needed be?

I'm thinking a COH or GA would do fine.... But is enigma so superior?

Plz help.

2. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about exact item builds, but the various paladin PvP guides might have some pointers on what items to swap on for fighting those assassins. But as far as I know, having a high faster hit recovery percentage will help you recover from mind blast faster, and if they don't have a high fast casting rate, you might be able to avoid being completely locked.

3. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

charge out of mind blast

4. Arctickhan

Arctickhan IncGamers Member

charge...
    if you've been locked just pray for have enough faster hit recovery for her...

5. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

[QUOTE='22'Souljah]charge out of mind blast[/QUOTE]
    That won't do you a lot of good unless you have a lot of life or insane FHR. It is inevitable to get into a MB stunlock when dueling a trapsin who sets up her base and awaits for her victims, so you want to go for the kill if you're close enough so all of her 5 traps are hitting you. (Unless ofcourse you decided to chicken out :D )

If the Sin has a half of a brain, she'll probably have you in a namelock or atleast try to when you get in her screen. Or tricky ones will wait for you to come, tele out, then MB.

Your best luck it seems, put on Salvation, (or just wear 3x Ort Helm and 4x Ort Armor), TGods / dual Wisps if you think its necessary, with a 4x Lo Shield. Therefore, you shall have 95% Lightning Resi. Sins are not particulary known for their high res, so you can probably do a decent dam w/o Conviction.

Run up to the Sin and type something like !Whos Owning Who Now?! and take your time in killing her. She'll probably tele / run to town and tell you how retarded and "noob" you are for sorbing her, and just squelch + own.

- Dennis :D

6. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

nice but did you ever think what IF the thread maker duels in a league or something where people cry and don't allow absorb?

7. riath

riath IncGamers Member

While this certainly works, it is nothing that really needed to be said. Any char can just sorb an elemental char and kill them. And were I that sin, I certainly wouldnt stick around and duel someone I couldn't hurt. To me, there seems to be little point in just negating their damage and then "squelch + own"ing them.

That said, I would have to recomend a charger. When you desynch, it can be difficult for them to mindblast you accurately, and you can usually get a hit in before they react.

Do you just want a pally who can kill trappers? Should the char be viable against other duelers as well? If this is going to be specialized for killing trappers, I'd go for a GA and a high dam 2h weap. With maxed Light Resist, you will have very high light res, and shouldnt need an sorb at all.

For a pally to duel the rest of the field, or hit up pubbies, a shield is neccessary. You will also want high AR and fhr. While I am by no means an expert on pallys, a setup just off the top of my head might look like this:

HoZ(pDia/Um)
    Shako
    Dungoes/Tgods/Blood belt
    Gores
    Highlords
    Raven+Soj(SoJ can be traded out to shore up a weakness. Res/stats/whatever you need)
    Dracs
    CoH

That is all pretty basic stuff, and I'm sure just about anybody could come up with a list like that. The weapon, however, is an area where I really lack experience. Something with open wounds looks tempting, allowing for hit and runs. On the flip side, you could go for something with a very high damage, so that that one hit is all you need.

If you are on ladder, the runeword Death looks like it could make for a really amazing charger weapon. It has nice damage, and a high DS. Combined with the DS from highlords and gores, it could make for a very potent choice.

I hope this helps, and best of luck with those pesky trappers.

8. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

Not pally, barbs are the way to go for good win %s. I had a very decent trapper (10k damage, 3.6k life) and barbs with good res (they normally have good fhr) and GM absorb (ie-tgods) would be very tough.

Duelin on the other side, with my BvA barb, I slap on grief+beast, trangs and tgods, highlords and ravens and tear it up. I prefer tgods to wisps cause it lets me get more res, rather than trying to absorb all their damage. I don't want to be healed, just don't damage me!

Anyway, even with my low life (3.5k), good fhr, minor fcr ( I only need one tele to work) and great damage I own in 2 wws max.

It is an expensive build, but charge pally's only got me if they jumped me. If I saw them coming, I MBed and my traps did the rest. I dont recomend it.

9. awjl

awjl IncGamers Member

contradicting statements. tgods do healing, wisps dont.

10. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

meh. a good vigor charging paladin can be a pain in the ass to land a mindblast lock on, and is also a good character to avoid traps with. once you get her in charge lock, its pretty much the end of the game for her..especially if you can knock her back vs. a wall. I would say a good setup would be (note that this is ladder only):: tgods for stats/lightning resist (I always use), phoenix with inherent base resists, grief weapon (I think zerker is best), Highlords, Gores, shaftstop/harle, one bered, one umed, dual frosts (dex and attack rating), gloves with stats+resists..ias if you need it.

Max::Holy shield, Fanat, Smite, Charge, vigor. One point salvation (as always), basic vindicator/crusader. go with resist/ar/life charms. can get some pretty mean life on one of these guys.

--welt

11. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

Have you ever seen a trap assassin using mind blast in the AA. Crazy lol stunning you screens away. Anyway on topic I dont know how to beat a trapper but I would say slap on a tgods/blackhorns and put 1 point into salvation and laugh at the assassin while she is healing you all while your fohing her down. Or you could just use a bone necro or guided arrow amazon and stay back and attack.

12. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

or get a barb and tele ww them fast you can probably get them without absorb.