Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

killin ancients easy

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by magicalkitty, Nov 10, 2006.

1. magicalkitty

magicalkitty IncGamers Member

killin ancients easy

i dont know how many if any of you know this but you can kill anients really easy all you have to do is make ancients game stay in the game untill it perms. (5-10 mins) leave and get a higher lvl char. come back in and use just your normal attack (dont want to slaughter them) kill 2 of 3 them then take the 3rd one down to barely any life leave come back with your 1st guy and finish him off and you get the quest.
    i didnt think this would work myself but i couldnt find any ancients games and i got tired of waiting for some one to come and help me. i always heard that if leave ancients and come back you would have to start all over, but i guess not:jig: so here is a good tip and also you dont have to go and sell your soul to another player in hopes that they will kill ancients for you

magical-kitty

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Or you could just ask one of your friends to kill them for you....

If that's not possible, then you can ask here on the forums. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind helping out.

3. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

Better stil get yourself two set of keys and have your low level character and highest level character in the same game. Open game with character wanting the quest and have him/her stand behind piller on mount while you demolish ancients with higher level character

4. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

My summon Necro found normal and nightmare ancients to be a joke, even with goldfind gear on. Hell was a different story, though.

5. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I think the Ancients only reset if you set a TP, right? So what you did was rather innovative. I'm sure tons of people have done it, but I don't think I would have done anything that extensive, since I'm lazy :laugh:
    Like Evrae said, a bunch of people on these forums would be more than willing to help you out with your Ancients the next time you're struggling to find a game or if none of your friends are online.

6. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

this works in general for every monster (i had some serious issues with Duriel =)) but i never thought of this particular method with ancients. nice!

7. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

They should make hell ancients impossibly hard. And up the quest reward. Make it a true rite of passage.

8. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Just wait for the ladder to reset. It's going to be bedlam doing hell ancients with 8 people (mostly fragile sorcs and hammerdins without their precious hoz) and I can't wait

9. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

The Ancients reset if no one is left alive on the Summit. Did you actually do this and it works, or are you just hypothesizing?

10. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Some times it doesn't, I donno why.

11. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they changed that in some patch?

And this is up to current date...

Me is moderatly confused atm, anyone care to explain? (or proove for that matter?)

12. Albrino

Albrino IncGamers Member

The should NOT make the quest harder. For those of us without Godly gear to use, there are several quests which are already extraordinarily difficult (ancients, nm duriel) and I guess that depends on your char, but they shouldn't change quest difficulties just because people have crazy chars at any level, they should RESET THE DAMN LADDER.

13. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

This method is also used for xfer items.

14. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I recently beat hell ancients with an untwinked non lightning fury javazon. It was hard, but appropriate. I really don't think the game is too hard for people "without uber gear".

15. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Agreed, people are just to impatient and rush to a blind attack without even knowing what they're doing.

Even an uber paladin who is wielded by a brainless player will die in hell ancients, where a simple assassin using the correct strategy, with no trap skills and no uber gear can beat them.

16. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

As I have said from before, ancients should be made into a quest that you must complete solo. That should get people thinking and get their playing skills up.

I agree trying to kill them with a zon is hell though.

17. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

That would kill quite a few builds, or at least require them to have a second (most likely much more expensive) set of gear just for hell ancients.

18. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

When i first fought hell ancients untwinked it was nearly hell, they were tough but managable with my pala. People just need to use abit of thinking.

19. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

For a Paladin, sure. Most, if not all, Paladin builds can easily be converted to PvM (if all else fails, slap on a Grief and Draculs and get to smiting).

Say, for instance, you were making...oh, I dunno, a Poison Javazon. How the heck is one of those supposed to beat the Ancients solo? Sometimes PvM is fun, but you should keep in mind that a lot of people like PvP, and a lot of PvP builds simply CANNOT be used in PvM very well (the Javazon kinda can...but not so much vs. bosses...).

Listen to this man. He is God. :worship:

20. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

jab them to death ! :p With enough CB, patience and Lifetap the jabber can prevail. :laugh: