Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Killer Teeth build...?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by OU Fiji, Jun 14, 2005.

1. OU Fiji

OU Fiji IncGamers Member

Killer Teeth build...?

Alright, I'm probably completely off on this, but wouldn't a Necromancer with maxed Teeth, Bone Wall, Bone Spear, Bone Prison, and Bone Spirit be somewhat viable? Granted, it takes 102 skill points to do (achievable at level 91 I think.) A Necromancer using Teeth with all these synergies would be like a Sorceress using charged bolt, except Charged Boltresses shoot 22 bolts at 112-128 damage for 12.5 mana, while The Necromancer would shoot 21 teeth at 299-403 damage for 12.5 mana. Slap on some fast cast and you might be able to do some damage with this Teeth using Necro. Let me know what you think.

2. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

i think marrowwalks would add more damage and you'd be safe 20 points, where you could get a golem, ce and maybe a curse. you could also try to get skels to help spread the monsters (better for teeth)

the points play out just like a bonemancer, except using teeth instead of bone spear/spirit

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Bonemancers don't usually put points into bone prison (for the synergy bug), so it only takes 82 skillpoints and you get more damage.

4. #endgame

#endgame IncGamers Member

The crucial difference between a charged boltress and a dentist (no it's not the gender) is that multiple charged bolts from one casting can hit a monster, multiple teeth cannot. Any time you'd have a large group of monsters, you have a maxed bone spear and synergies, and single monsters you'd have a maxed bone spirit and synergies.

5. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

the biggest problem that i see is that your damages are really low. i have gotten my dentist up to about 1100 teeth damage with no problem. and my charged boltress does 700 dmg each but i have seen almost 900 damage for each bolt. both builds can solo hell, the boltress with FO as secondary, and the teeth are magic so not a problem. teeth is viable as long as you are willing to dedicate the build to it.

goodluck
    phil

6. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

I have to tell you that my bone-mancer use teeth most of the time, with everthing maxed (except BP, I use marrow), soloing act 5 with golem at the front and me casting teeth can clear elderich and shenk no problem.

I use Bone Spear when in corrior or some hard to kill monster like champions or minor uniques. I reserve Bone Spirit for boss or super uniques.

One of the tactic that I use is to have a bone wall at the front as meat shield and the monster will line up nicely ready for teeth.

so in my opinion, teeth killer work (in solo only though, party you have to use spear)

7. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

I do not mean to speculate but i once heard that teeth has a certain %crushing blow - is this false or does it hold water?

p.s Hmm it could be that some forumites were joking but no harm clearing that bit out :p I usually spear crowds and spirit bosses ....

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That is the first time ever that I heard that rumor. Where did you hear it?

9. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Must have been a while back in the last days of .09 when i was gonna be taking my long break from LOD:D It could be all that pre .10 speculation but just in case have extensive testing been done on teeth in PvM and investigated?

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

rickcarson wrote a Dentist guide. If Teeth had CB I guess he would have found out.

11. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Use Marrowalk Bug DEFINITELY.

I rarely use Teeth in PK's except against ppl with low life, or against Ele Druids because Teeth OWNS them COMPLETELY. :clap: (Kills their Oak / Minions in no time while getting their life down SIGNIFICANTLY.)

I do 1200~1300 Teeth with 10x PnB GCs, so its good enough.

- Dennis

12. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Teeth is useful, but I don't see any reason not to use the other bone skills where circumstances dictate unless you just want to use teeth for fun.