Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kids and pierced ears

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Raft Boy, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

Kids and pierced ears

Today I saw something that I've never seen before. A baby, no more than 6 months old, had both ears pierced. Just to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating, I asked if they were pierced and not clip-ons, and sure enough, it was a real piercing.

This is, by far, the youngest that I've seen someone with pierced ears. So I wanted to ask the parents of the OTF, when did (or will) your kids get ear piercings?

Poll to follow. And while it will have Rafty Humor (TM), it is a somewhat serious question.

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Bah ill never let my kids get their ear pierced. Unless they are female.

3. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

Geez. The forums are really bad today. Couldn't post a poll. Can't edit, which explains this post. Maybe this is life's way of telling me I should do my lab report. :lol:

4. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

it's done so early so the kid gets used to it and doesn't play with it, mine first were done pretty early as well, not THAT early though

personally i won't care when my kids want their ears pierced, it's not that big of a deal, i redid mine 3 times on each side myself a few years ago, and i didn't turn into the spawn of satan, so i don't see the problem :)

5. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

wow, i would edit my post but the database errors are ridiculous

anyway...

th: what's wrong with males having their ears pierced these days? i think the sterotype that it makes them look "***", "fruity", or it's only for girls is starting to fade. i've seen many many guys with many different kinds of ear piercings

6. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I have a problem with guys with earrings. Usually they look wierd with them on, or too punkish for my liking. I can't really stand it when guys go overboard with earrings, and I don't even wanna talk about face piercings. What kind of guy wears a nose ring, or a tounge ring, or an eyebrow ring or whatever the hell they're called? Gross.

7. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

I'm against the alteration/modification of children's bodies in any way, shape or form - piercing, circumcision, any of it. IMO their bodies belong to them and these decisions are theirs to make once they're old enough to make them in an informed fashion.

There's also much debate over how much pain infants actually do feel when these things are done to them, and how this may affect them psychologically - I have no interest in firing up that debate in here but once again, my personal inclination is to leave their bodies pristine.

8. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

As long as the kiddo is a girl, I don't have problem with ear piercing. I don't see why any other area on human's body needed piercing.

9. th5418

th5418 Banned

Im all for *** people. I just see that most males who have their ears pierced are people who are the "cool" people at highschool who have no future. If my son gets his ear pierced, I think he would be falling into the crowd i wouldnt want him to be in.

10. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Well circumcision is a pretty big health thing now. Most parents are getting thier sons circumcised for health reasons that could show up later on. Not to mention by the time a child is big enough to make an informed decision about it he will probably not do it because of the pain that would be involved. Other than that I think it should be the childs choice.

11. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

if i get any piercings, ill get kicked out of my house.

12. mudvaynefan

mudvaynefan IncGamers Member

i had my left ear pierced in the 3rd,4th,5th and 6th grade, and im a guy. I dont think having your ear pierced would determine what "crowd" that you hang out with....

13. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

I can't tell you the countless little babies I have seen in the chair just waiting to get their ears pierced. Actually, it is the mommies who can't wait to get the babies pierced. At that tender age..they have to much pain to deal with mainly teething. Do mommies think that pierced ears on an infant looks good? I don't, I view it as unnecessary pain.

14. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

From my experiences, any little kid who had their ear pierced that I met as an adult was a little punk bastard. I used to live in California, and a few houses down from me lived a kid who would annoy the hell out of anyone. I mean his family was just pure crap, living in a nice neighborhood GOD KNOWS HOW. Anyways, that kid had an earring. You have to think about what kind of parent would give their MALE child an earring at such a young age. Little boys with earrings = trouble. Men with earrings = fruity. I personally feel that at a young age, having your ear pierced as a male can lead to some ideas as to what kind of person you are, will become, or what kind of family you have.

15. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

my sister had her daughter's ears pierced when she was really young too, I don't remember exactly when, but 6 months - a year sounds about right, or maybe she was two.. they grow up so fast

16. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I don't really think it's fair to the girl that her parents poke holes in her body to make her look cuter. Unless this was a cultural thing. In which case, I don't mind it one bit.

17. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

I think the pain involved in getting any body modification (I include male circumcision under this umbrella) is a good litmus test of how much the person really wants it. ;)

18. Draconis

Draconis IncGamers Member

<Completely O-T>

Painman, nice Avatar! Haven't played any of the Crusader games in ages, but they were v. cool. Spider mines, freeze-gun, the one that melted all their skin and organs off... [/nostalgia]

19. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

<Still completely O-T>

Thanks for the compliment. :) It's cool to see how many old time gaming fans remember that one, it was wicked, wicked fun.

The flesh-melting gun? The UV-9. Only drawback to it, you couldn't loot melted or incinerated bodies for ammo. :teeth:

*returns the thread to its irregularly programmed schedule*

20. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

My life's goal is to end it with the same number of holes in my body I started with.

I'm reminded of back in the day when a guy who had an earing in his right ear meant he was homosexual. Ah, grade school... :scared: