Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kicksin's Weapon

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Mr.Bogohossian, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Kicksin's Weapon

I am stuck between using either a stregth runeword made out of a greater talon or a shaeld bartuc. both will require 30% more ias to hit 7 frame.
    stats are follow on bartuc
    Weapon Speed: [-30]
    30% Faster Hit Recovery
    20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
    +20 To Strength
    +20 To Dexterity
    +2 To Assassin Skill Levels
    +1 To Martial Arts Skills

On a stregth runeword you get
    35% Enhanced Damage
    25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    7% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    +20 To Strength
    +10 To Vitality

Stregth has 10 less stat points povided, 20% less ar, and 3 skills short, but it has 25% crushing blow. Really hard choice to make.

also on a sidenote, for pvp, venom or fade? and psn/elemental charms do stack with kicks right? just wanna comfirm this.

2. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

If it were to be any of the two, I'de definatly choose Bartucs. Has basically all you want for a kicker (AR, skills, Str, Dex.) if your doing PvP Crushing Blow is kinda usless for that. And for the Venom/Fade question i would not suggest using fade with a kicker unless your weapon is a Beast runeword it would simply be too slow, for me Venom is a must for any melee Assassin.

[email protected]~

3. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

*chuckle* It's perfectly well possible to get 7/2/2/2/... with Fade. A -30 WSM weapon (Greater/Runic Talons, Phase Blades) needs 50% for 7fpa base attack and 55% for 2fpa followup. My mid-level Talonsin uses Coldsteel Eye with Shael and Iratha's Set (20% IAS partial set bonus on gloves) giving her 7/2/... at level 31. A -20 WSM needs 70%/80% respectively which is somewhat harder but also well possible. I perfer using a quick weapon and Fade (to get max resists and %PDR alot easier) over a slow weapon and increased running speed.

4. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I get 7/2/2/2/ on my diablo clone killer kicker
    and I use fleshripper, which is a -20 weapon with no ias on it :eek: (I shaeled it)

Kingslayer would be a perfect weapon, since it has 30% IAS *and* everything that fleshripper has + more

5. wy4251

wy4251 IncGamers Member

Beast is my favorite

Fanat aura (ed and ar and speed), CB, OW, +40 str, 40 Ias.. blahblah

6. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

I agree, if your a Fade/Kicker Beast would be the best choice. Has all you'd want for one.

[email protected]~

7. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Too bad the runes for Beast aren't readilly available in hack/dupe-free play...I play clean Single Player and have never seen anything drop higher than Um (though I haven't ran Countess much, but even then anything higher than Ist is 'once every few years' material).
    Just for comparison's sake: Tyreal's Might (the rarest unique I believe) has about 2 in a million chance to drop from a Unique pit monster (250% mf) and about 1 in a million chance to drop from a Champion pit monster. The best drop chance for Ber (other than 1st kill Duriel) is about 1 in a million from Ghosts/Apparitions/Dark Shapes/Gloams/Specters/Stranglers in an 8 player Hell game. Now one can of course kill normal monsters in higher quantities than Uniques/Champions but the thing is that Tyrael's Might cannot drop from a normal monster due to it's ilvl. If we look at Templar's Might we see that the normal monsters with the best drop chance for it have about 1.15 in a million chance to drop it, which is better than the best possible chance for a Ber.

Of course Beast is the perfect weapon for a kicksin...but the odds of finding the required runes is just so much smaller than most any unique/set item in the game that counting on ever finding it is pretty much irrational.

8. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Just curious, are you using BoS or Fade? If Fade, how do you manage to scrape together 78% IAS to reach the 7/2 breakpoint, even with a Shael'ed Fleshripper? I'm thinking of Shael + 15% IAS socket in Rattlecage and Guilliaume's Face, but that's still 28% short.

I was considering a 20% IAS glove and Goldwrap, but that would mean giving up Dracul's Grasp...ahh, decisions, decisions....

9. lesofprimus

lesofprimus IncGamers Member

Nali....
    Would u recommend usin Draculs over a pair of +2 MA gloves for a TS/DTailer??? I have like 3 pair, but never tried em on my Sin..

Wait, I take that back.. I tried em on 1 time to see if the Lifetap fires off and it took like a minute for it to cast...

What do u recommend there??

10. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think Twitchthroe is much better than Rattlecage. Really 75% CB is good enough(35% helm, 25% weapon, 15% boots), plus that monster fleeing thing is annoying.

11. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Shadoway: Thanks for the suggestion! Hadn't considered Twitchthroe, despite just finding it while MFing. The Hit Causes Monster to Flee doesn't seem like much of a problem in Hell, though.

Looks like I won't have to sacrifice Dracul's after all. :)

lesofprimus: Like you found out, Life Tap simply doesn't trigger often enough with TS/DTail to make sacrificing your Glove slot worth it. The only two builds I'd recommend it to would be DTalon or perhaps pure DC.