Kicksin: need advice or just thoughts

Dalmar

Diabloii.Net Member
Kicksin: need advice or just thoughts

hey guys, some allready know me from the ETF, im kinda new.

i started a kicksin and i read these two build:

*The PvM Warrior-Monk (Ãœber-Tristram) - by JanusJones

*The PvM TS/DTail Martial Artist ("Striking Tiger, Lashing Dragon") - by wildjinn

here the problem started >.<
the first build is more expensive but i really dont feel like using a shield on my kicksin >.< meaning i will use dual claws but with the claws i can reach only 30-40% CB and ML seems like a problem cuz it can only be achived from rare gloves+rare ring.
i thought about this gear:

helm: giantskull
sockets for resist/ias or anything and some CB.
gaze can be sued but im not sure.
claw 1: fury on a nice skill swayyah
claw2: bartuc (+20 str/dex and a few more nice mods)
armor: fortitude
gloves: Draculs if i go ubers, Crafted/rare gloves with +2ma CB ml and maybe ias or anything else.
belt: verdungo
boots: upgraded gore cuz i need the cb which dancers lack
amu:low mara cuz i think ill need the res.
ring1: raven frost
ring2: in case i use giantskull ill need a dual leech ring with some ml cuz that will be low.

did i miss anything? plz share thoughts and advice :smiley:

would be nice to hear from people with claw kicksins and how thier sin fares in hell :)

thanks

Gabbana

Diabloii.Net Member
guillaumes helm is a big recomendation.. cb fhr, str, ds..

aslo jade talon is a recomendation for offhand claw.. 50res, 30 fhr, 2 MA, 2 shadow skills..

Dalmar

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm, yea i should try it.

maybe i shold use bartuc in MH and jade in OH cuz fury costs too much and isnt so good.

Silent Shaddow

Diabloii.Net Member
:banghead: some1 else wanting to use forti...
plz dont...

plz :flowers:

eni/coh is the way to go....
if u want the dmg then eni.... (60 str out weighs 300 ed iirc)
for claws fury is a good way to go, but for ubers it is mostly recommended that you take weapon/shield beacuse you can gain so many mods on those but not on a claw

if you must go claw then twin jades+fade+credumlum (res outwieghs life vs ubers) <some other stuff> will give u a massive res boost for mephi

as for cb...
guil face + gores (really the only way to go for pvm)
gives 50 cb which is plenty for pvm but for ubers im not sure... (i have a pala friend :wink3:)

i personally prefer raven+manald heals

again id stick with dracks the entire time... life tap will go off alot and be very helpful

make sure u get all the helpful skills like cos fade and bos (both!) dsentry mb etc then after primary kick skills then decide whether u want to go k/t or pure kicksin...
ie then maxing traps or maxing vemon, shaddow master, etc

just to say it again.. you will rarely have just 1 weapon set...
my kicksin (weapon/shield) has 5 diff weapons and 3 shields :rolleyes:
i kinda use em all

so get stuff like twin jades and stuff
also dont be afraid to give up ur claws for a little while if they aint working out for u in a particular area

Dalmar

Diabloii.Net Member
im going for pure kicks, that i allready decided.

1) are u sure that 60str will give more dmg that 300%ed? cuz when i level my str kick dmg gets like 1 dmg every 2 str, i would expect 300%ed to add more >.<
plz explain :)

2)venom has only 400+dmg in level 20, am i missing something? or does it only turn good cuz mass kicks=it stacks=lots of poison dmg?

3)DragonTail: should i consider leveling this skill for use against physical immunes?

thanks man, i can see ur the kicksin expert :)

Gabbana

Diabloii.Net Member
3) dragon tail doesnt help you against phys immunes. since it converts your physical dmg to fire dmg.. and there will be no physical dmg against phys(i might be very mistaken here.. bu ti am pretty sure i am not) :p

2) for a kciker you usually have pretty much skill points left over.. and dtalon does not do alo tof dmg each kick.. its the speed and cb that makes it a blast.. and 400+dmg is alot..

1) i do not agree that enigma i sbetter.. but teleing makes it better then everything else.. anyways..

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
300ed from forti boosted my talon maxdmg about 400 if i remember
but that was on a w/s sin with higher base str (130 or so)

and you can get venom easy to a level where it deals >1000 dmg/0,4 sec
you want to use shadowskillers > martial art skillers

9 charms + 4 anni/torch + 5 by gear (should be possible) = lvl 38 venom = 1005-1025

together with to gloves, bramble and death web its a pain in pvp

Dalmar

Diabloii.Net Member
yea that sounds good, i still need more opinions on forti/enig please.

venom: well i wont get so many charms and i1k poison well...its still poison dmg >.<

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
My first "easy" solo in Hell was a C/C kicker using Fade, Chaos and BoS. Since then I've switched to the weapon/shield mentality since Cloak of Shadows takes care of the attacks getting past my shield before they are even cast.

If you haven't seen it, there are two other kicker guides: one by me, and one by C-Beat. C-Beat's is a hybrid, but he goes C/C. Even pure kicks, you'll want at least one point in Death Sentry to speed up the crowds.

As for Fort/Enigma, I say Chains of Honor.

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
poison damage with 0,4 second duration doestn feel like the boring poison damage you are used to ;)

Holmis

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi there, i've got a homemade kick/trapsin and when i switched from enigma to fort i gained physical dmg, but you must also remember that enigma gives +skills and your venom dmg will drop.

I only use my assassin in pvp, and i know for sure that you can't kill paladins or barbs with just physical dmg. It's just not possible without OW and poison.

On glass cannons the physical dmg can be enough though, so if you are going for an anti amazon or anti sorc it can work out

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
Assassin are running fast. On dual claw I definitly prefer Coh (for skill + res) > Forti > enigma.
If you prebuff Fade before running ubers with Treachery, you have no problem of resist anymore with Coh.... because you get 60 ares from fade + 65 ares from Coh which covers the minus 125 ares from Mr Meph. and Coh has 200 % ed on demons ...
I try to be objective and does not want to influence our "armor" trade.

Dalmar

Diabloii.Net Member
allright!

now i have my build allmost 100% figured out.
thank you all, u have been a great help :)

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Assassin are running fast. On dual claw I definitly prefer Coh (for skill + res) > Forti > enigma.
If you prebuff Fade before running ubers with Treachery, you have no problem of resist anymore with Coh.... because you get 60 ares from fade + 65 ares from Coh which covers the minus 125 ares from Mr Meph. and Coh has 200 % ed on demons ...
I try to be objective and does not want to influence our "armor" trade.
Erm, why pre-buff with treachery?

Kicksin should have ~ level 17-20 fade with only 1 point base...

Also, Eni is > all for kickers, dont need the res from CoH as you have fade...

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if u have extreme gear with +17-20 all skills or shadow...
and dual claw generally limits the res you can get from a shield. So unless you can reach > 15 Fade with 1 base point, IMHO Coh remains better with a fade prebuff on uber runs.

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if u have extreme gear with +17-20 all skills or shadow...
and dual claw generally limits the res you can get from a shield. So unless you can reach > 15 Fade with 1 base point, IMHO Coh remains better with a fade prebuff on uber runs.
And using dual claw on uber runs with CoH is one of the most pointless item options you could make...

As for shadow levels 7 from skillers, 2 amu, 2 helm, 2 armour - thats + 13 without any pre-buff at all...

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Another armor to point out that works fine is a simple "cheap ol'" Duress. Great mods for a kicksin at low cost!

Silent Shaddow

Diabloii.Net Member
or for even cheaper go lionheart :grin:

@dalmer, i havent done the numbers myself but i have used both, i can say that my killing speed and general effectiveness increased alot with eni... :shocked:
assas shouldnt be getting hit alot anyways, which for me negates the usefulness so CoH

Tanaka

Diabloii.Net Member
I read a guide on d2jsp.com and it said that last wish in pb is best. much crushing blow and might aura.And in pb cuz its base speed is 30