Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kicksin development - help needed!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by BuRiZaN, May 11, 2008.

1. BuRiZaN

BuRiZaN Banned

Kicksin development - help needed!

Skills:
    Firstly I will tell you all that I don't know entirely what skills to go for, dtalon/venom are maxed, and was thinking of maxing burst of speed, shadow master, with one point in death sentry/blade fury, but I have been told that dtail/TS are essential for killing clusters. I need to be able to kill ubers without problem as well as ventures into the outside world so please tell me what is best.

Equipment:
    Helm: guillaume's/kira's
    Armour: forti (I considered CoH, but don't think I will need the extra res)
    Weapon: Stormlash (Last wish seems overrated and overpriced for this)
    Shield: Storm (probably ummed for res)
    Gloves: Drac's/soul drainer/steelrend/2MA+IAS+ml rare or crafted gloves. (I need my ml from somewhere - any ideas?)
    Boots: Upped gores.
    Belt: Nosferatu's
    Ring1: Raven frost 20/xxx
    Ring2: Bk/Carrion (I may actually have a ml ring like manald...)
    Amulet: Mara's or a nice crafted/rare amu.
    Charms: Anni/allres/fhr/possibly skillers. I don't want a torch because I need to be able to carry one.

Specific questions:
    Are ml/ll only functional in multiples of 3%? I don't know where I heard this but its been in my mind for an age.
    Where should I get my ML? I was thinking a rare/crafted amu would be a good source, or maybe a nice ring. Heck, even considered going for an upped Gaze, and getting 5/10% more CB from nice gloves.
    What level do I need for 7 kicks?
    What are the IAS breakpoints for 7kicks with the gear listed here?
    Is it worth having an eth stormlash? I can see how occasional wear and tear when you run out of mana or w/e could cost you greatly in new equipment.

Thanks in advance, any comments please post up!

2. Indecisive

Indecisive IncGamers Member

Re: Kicksin development - help needed!

1. Never heard of. I leave this question to the experts.
    2. Put a vex rune in your stormlash, or go with your cheaper alternatives.
    3. Level 36 - see http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/skills/calc/index.php?char=assa&lang=en
    4. 63 EIAS for fastest kick with talon. See http://e.domaindlx.com/JRichard/D2/aas22/Tables/Kicks/dtalon.html
    5. If you only kick or throw blades, then you won't wear the stormlash down. An ethereal weapon is useful for bladfury. And also you get less strength and dexterity requirement.

3. BuRiZaN

BuRiZaN Banned

Hmm, the reqs won't matter much - with this equipment I have much higher than is needed. And I don't think extra blade fury damage matters too much, depends how much an eth stormlash costs compared to normal and how much whatever I socket it with costs. Thanks for this info.

the formulas -> what is (b-a) in the skill_IAS formula? it probably doesn't matter I think I should switch to Fade.

Someone check my calculation please:

EIAS = 0 - (-40)[stormlash's WSM value] + (120x30[my IAS])/(120+30[my IAS]) = 64

That would mean I could have much more flexible skill/res-heavy equipment.

edit: apparently stormlash's WSM is -10, and the IAS is added on as normal. This means I am currently out at 50EIAS, and using my mathematical genious I worked out I need 95IAS unless I use burst of speed. Will have to see how the b-a thing works before I can calculate the difference between fade and BoS

Edit: OR I could just sit tight at the 8/3 and not change my equipment and still use fade. Andy's with Ias/ed jewel is quite appealing though, not sure I could sacrifice the guillaume's, and a decent fade might give me enough res to tank even the fire res modifier.

edit: Storm's 35% dr = the same as physical res? I wanna know if fade beyond lv.15 will actually help me in this respect.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  4. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Yes. And it caps at 50%. So beyond 15 fade won't really help the physical side of things.

5. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

manald heal... God I love that ring.
    even my very best kicksin that I had pimped out with everything I could think still had manald heal/raven, after ages I think I replaced it with a fcr/ml/res ring which I happen to alight apon

6. BuRiZaN

BuRiZaN Banned

No worries about gear, I bought a nice amulet with +2assa skills, [email protected], 7ml and some +mana.

I could really use some help with skill placement thought =/

7. Indecisive

Indecisive IncGamers Member

b-a = 60-15= 45 by the way.