Kicking Basics

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Kicking Basics

i couldn't fight minion of baal when room is max with 8 player . . .

death and death , but paladin is so comfort against every enemy

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

hey , , , i sorry for double post . but

i have a favor to ask . . i have stormlash already , and it got a slot

what type of rune or jewel i should put into it?

. . don't say ber of cause i don't have it.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, it can be whatever you can get a hold of then. Gul for the 20% AR, some jewel with IAS / res or something. It's just for extra stuff, so whatever will work fine enough. :)

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

ias got an affect with dragon talon???

i think , dragon talon is the best of speed in game with 2 frame , still need ias ??

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, DTalon is dependent on IAS. At the fastest, it starts with a 7 frame kick, and the other kicks after are 3 frames each. Commonly expressed: 7/3/3/3.

With a Stormlash weapon though, you have plenty of speed. Max kick speed isn't as important for PvM as it is in PvP.

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Just a real quick question I can't find the answer to.

I put fortitude on my assassin and it raises the dragon tail damage. Now does the 200% ED to demons/ 100% to undead work on Dragon Tails hit?

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think DTail would differ from DTalon in this aspect, so if it doesn't, that means that ED% to Demons wouldn't work with it.

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think DTail would differ from DTalon in this aspect, so if it doesn't, that means that ED% to Demons wouldn't work with it.
Thanks Sass, after some further testing the damage isn't given. Going to have to go back to the drawing board on an armor for her then unless I keep Fortitude on.

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

After further testing, using +2 skills and 20str from tgods to simulate a Chains of Honor, it looks that CoH after TS charged allows Dragon Tail to deal more damage than the +300ED granted. (20k-30k for CoH compared to 19k-30k, now add in 2 more MA skillers and the the damage will surely increase greatly more) *The 2 skillers are available since 35 more resist are provided by CoH.

Millipede

Diabloii.Net Member

hey , , , i sorry for double post . but

i have a favor to ask . . i have stormlash already , and it got a slot

what type of rune or jewel i should put into it?

. . don't say ber of cause i don't have it.

i put an eth rune in mine for the -25% target defense.. if i'd had a jah rune i would have used that. but i think i like it better because it works on bosses. i dont think 'ignore targets defense' does...

LavokSoulreaper

Diabloii.Net Member

I have a question for Richard (if he is still on these forums).

I am thinking about making a fists of fire/dragon tail build geared towards fire damage and knockback. I might duel a little, but thats beside the point.

I was wondering if it would be more beneficial to use 1 claw or to use 2 claws in this particular build, and if i should put any points into claw mastery since it wont be affecting my damage at all.

Thanks,

-Dave

SeCKSEgai

Diabloii.Net Member

Doubt you'll get a response from him.

FoF/Dtail - dueling you're in for a world of hurt short of LLD. After that, you're just the next step up from a punching bag. You won't get a chance to chargeup, and that dtail is going to be penalized twice through the physical resistance and then the fire afterwards.

Pvm wise, the story isn't too different. Because of the dtail kick mechanic you're looking at 2 nerfs to your damage. There's a reason why dtalon is the most used skill in the MA tree.

If you were to go with this build, c/c is faster for building charges and offers you clawblock. If you pick up FoF, that means you're planning on charging up so claw mastery would affect your damage as you'd be using claws in between kicks.

Bottom line - it's unfortunately a wasteful endeavor to pursue a build like that because of game mechanics.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Even LLD won't work.

A point that also needs to be made is the damage DTail relies on initially: physical. To have a big boost in fire damage, Tiger Strike's charges are also going to be needed to get it high.

LavokSoulreaper

Diabloii.Net Member

Secksegai-

Ok, fof and dragon claw/claw mastery will be a good mix then. I just think its stupid that dragon tail is not used at all. It's almost a waste putting it in the game unless it has some use. Even flight is better imo.

Oh and the reason i am trying these weird builds is because i want to make something that is different from the standard pvp. I cant stand being the same build as everyone else.

Akimbo

Diabloii.Net Member

Do eth treks recieve a bonus to damage for kicking due to being eth? Or does the damage remain the same?

SeCKSEgai

Diabloii.Net Member

Dragontail is fine for most of NM, its the mix of immunities in Hell that kills it there. If anything, you should think its sad that only one real skill is truly utilized (dtalon) out of a whole tree. Sure, dflight can be fun and get some use, and there are Dclaw builds, but effectively dtalon is the tree's saving grace, if you'd consider it even that.

As for being the same, there are still a number of builds - not everyone is a bone necro, trapper, fire sorc, blizz sorc, auradin, smiter, hdin, windy, poison nova, etc. I still prefer a ghost vs anything that isn't a melee barb.