Kicking Basics

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Kicking Basics

mean anyway i couldn't play pure kick ,,, i have to mix with other skill , right?

and kick talon always mixing with trap ? or i have other choice ?

because i don't like trap as much as possible , i always use ds for only explosion corpse.

give me advice , please

i look forward a guide , now i get the best : warrior monk guide

but it look like a weapon to equip it's a used a lot of bigger rune , that i couldn't find in my thai server.

it's very hard to get rune something like lo sur ber jah cham zod

and the guide that write same as every rune is easy to find... so i don't know what weapon i should use to follow

that guide and other equipment too.

my thai server is something like offical sv in my country. and there are a low rate percent to drop high runes.

with hellforge the highest run is gul . from past to present around 6 years , have only two player in sv get rune zod

no other player have it.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Well remember, you'd encounter a PI monster eventually ;) Also, what else are you going to do with so many extra skills?

DTalon + DS combo is a great build on its own without having to use LS or synergies to make it a hybrid.

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

and about adding element dmg i have a problem

For example if i have charm add 14-21 dmg , and my kick talon is around 1200 dmg

mean my kick dmg will go up to 1214 fire kick ?

or it just only add up fire 14-21 dmg only , not plus with kick dmg ?

if that so , what is benefit for use element charm? only freeze ? , fire and lighting not more

effect ?

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

It'll add to the damage regularly (added 14-21 damage). A cold charm can be good for a little cold, but not recommended as a source of damage. Besides, raven frost is usually used anyway, and it already has cold damage.

For charms, they usually give you life / res or something, not damage (for a kicker). The GC's can have skills which will help though.

Elemental charms aren't a good, or reliable source of damage. Besides, the damage you do is applied by however many kicks you're doing, so it adds up pretty quickly anyway ;)

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

could you advice to use 2 claws or 1 claws with shield for kicker ?

cause i don't know , kick should get high block or medium block with + skill

and

someone said , use up gore boots or shadow dancer , , ,

shadow is for pvp and gore upgrade is pvm?

and about effect in bolt claw , left handcarried effect and right hand not ?

so that mean if i use azurewrath , i get only 1 magic dmg ? not 2 magic dmg add?

Last edited:

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Claw / Claw builds can work, but if you use claws, the primary should be a "Strength" Runeword. It has CB, leech, stats, etc. The other doesn't matter, but is usually bartucs for the nice mods and speed.

Generally, kickers are weapon / shield in PvM. c/c does well in PvP.

With weapon and shield, you have access to better weapons (at least a "Black" runeword, stormlash, etc) + using SS.

And correct on the two boots.

Not sure about the "bolt". Claws of Thunder or...?

Azurewrath can't be dual wielded by an assassin anyway, but when you use one, all the + elemental stuff applies to DTalon.

However, you can dual wield claws, and to make sure, only the primary (usually, this is the one above gloves) transfers the mods to DTalon. The secondary one over the boots doesn't. So even if a sin could dual wield Azurewrath, the second damage wouldn't add up.

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

u said at least black , so i think u have better than black ?

and ask " SS " << what does it mean?

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

The "Black" runeword is ok as a start, but the Stormlash I also mentioned is good (the best in my opinion).

"SS" stands for Stormshield, the unique monarch.

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

i have 2 option , , , so i should use stormlash +ss

or bactuc + ss or maybe stormlash + bactuc

for now . . i use bactuc wih jade talon [resis]

and i think stormlash is better than cresentmoon [runeword]

and if item i have slot , what jewel or rune i should put into my equipment [including weapon too]

Last edited:

kardinaal

Diabloii.Net Member

All depends on what gear you can get. The power of Dragon Talon is not the physical damage, it's the fast speed hitting the same target for 5-7 times (depending on +skills). So it's ideal to combine with Crushing Blow, open wounds and chance to cast stuff, as even a low percentage gets cast quite often.

So that's what you're looking for in gear offensive wise. Depending on lvl and twinkedness:

- low lvl uniques with 33% CB (crushflange,...)
- runewords: Strenght for claws, for other weapons there are a lot of them, best are Cresecent Moon (chance to cast static field and CL, OW), Death (CB, ctc glacial spike ),...
- some high end uniques which I can't recall off the top off my head

My last incarnation of a similar build wore Death with stormshield with Crescent Moon/SS on switch for physical immunes. Never needed anything fancier really (though that's quite high budget for me allready).

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

assassin can play a role with mf or not ?

cause i c assassin need many item to survive . and if i put mf item . . into it . . . it can't fight monster . . .

if it could , what part i should change to mf , and what is that equipment

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Sins can make excellent MF characters, but usually, that's a trapper, since she can function without being gear dependent.

A melee sin will be more gear dependent, so you're right; they won't be able to kill as much, or won't be able to find as much if they do.

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

well , kick could fight uber or baal or not ?

because i heard someone said lv85 sin kick still can't fight with baal... or minion of baal , is it true?

so mean kick is rotten? if can't . . . heartbreak ><

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Kickers are very capable of beating the Ubers. Whoever told you otherwise is wrong.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Especially them. They're weaker then Baal and UberBaal after all ;)

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

which belt is should use for pure kicker . . with only ds lv 18 trap

1.Verdungo = 40 vit with a reduce dmg 15 percent

2.Thunder god with 20 str 20 vit and 20 lighting absorb

3. Nosferatu 15 strength , 7 life stolen , slow target 10 percent

i have think it for along long time , because vit 20 just add only around 5x hp , i should

focus on thunder with +5x hp and some attack

or i should use 15 strength and a life leech ? help me please

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Definitely T-Gods belt. The resist boost and absorb are amazing vs the Soul's lightning.

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

i use ss and i find . . fire res is around 20 res . . . so what should i do ?

and if i want to put rune in ss , which rune?