Kicking Basics

Kyrandia

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Kicking Basics

Lacerator is more used as a switch weapon when finishing off ubers if anything. In that case the monster flee doesn't work. It's not really used as a primary weapon.
And in regular (non-Uber) PvM, Lacerator (on switch) is used for its ctc Amplify Damage -> as a means to deal with Physical Immune monsters.

skyjuice

Diabloii.Net Member

It says min/max dmg jewels, ed% mods do not effect final kick dmg.

What about the +dmg from war trav,i'm guessing it doesn't get added to the boots kick dmg?

Secondly, max dmg charms. Will those work? (+3max smalls/+10max grands etc)

SeCKSEgai

Diabloii.Net Member

max damage won't add unfortunately, though it wouldn't make too much a difference. Same goes for war travs - basically if its not elemental, don't expect it to add. Ed mods can work off weapon, but jewels have an issue afaik.

Ghoulz

Diabloii.Net Member

Does X chance to cast on attack work or not? Don't wana get a death pb and find out that glacial spike won't work.

AcuWill

Diabloii.Net Member

Read the FAQ and this and couldn't find this specifically mentioned:

Is leech from gloves (ie. Soul Drainers) applied to kicking? Thanks for the reply.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Then what's the deal with the rift sin?
meh. I looked up one and it just mentioned on attack and I honestly couldn't remember what did / didn't work.

The following effects are carried by the kicking skills:
? Life Leech
? Mana Leech
? Elemental Damage
? Magical Damage
? Chance to cast X on striking/Attacking
? Crushing Blow
? Open Wounds
? Prevent Monster Heal
? Ignore Target Defense
? Hit Blinds Target
? Hit Causes Monster to Flee
? Hit Freezes target
? Hit Slows Target
Up to date listing.

Ghoulz

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd like to have most mobs permanently frozen with Death's 25% chance to cast glacial spike on attack. Your dirty tactics don't work on things like minions of destruction.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Cool, enjoy the lack of ias, the fact that the GS won't kill anything that would die from being blown on.

Your icy tactics won't work on things like minions of destruction.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

The glacial will tickle. If only they were ticklish.

PS: I never said they can't be frozen.

Gohei

Diabloii.Net Member

I searched and searched and could not find what I was looking for, maybe I didn't phrase the question correctly. However, I am trying to find out whether -resist is applied to kicks, was considering playing with a deaths web as a weapon and curious if poison facets did the same.

theBanger

Diabloii.Net Member

AFAIK -resists does apply to kicks, Death's Web is often one of the choices for a PvP kicker.

Ask Wiz, he knows his kicker stuff.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Correct, and to further answer the facet thing, it would work for venom, which applies to kicks, and functions like the trangs / bramble mastery combos.

copsychus

Diabloii.Net Member

If jewel ed / mix max dmg not affect d talon ,

so how many option that we have to improve dtalon dmg

and what is it ?

I hard-work to find a pure d talon with shadow , and a few in ds trap

but i still not know , what item i should make . because there are many problems

with d talon.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

The biggest way to improve DTalon's damage is by using strong boots. An upped Gores or a Shadow Dancer is the strongest you can get.

Skill boosts the ED%, but it's usually a small change anyway. The other way to to get ED% on gear (fort, etc). Crushing Blow also adds quite a bit of damage, and is also the fastest way. Stuff like Guillaume's face / gores already comes with it.

Keep in mind, just DTalon for a physical damage build is usually weak, so don't concern yourself too much on the damage, because it's always low even with best gear. DS is worth more than a few into. I suggest maxing it for the radius.