Kicking Basics

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,
nice info, good job. However still got a question: Does the OW from secondary claw trigger with DT?

Edit: forgot to ask, when u are slowed by an aura (holy freeze), does a higher level of BoS will help to keep the DT speed higer?

thnx

fer

Necro

Diabloii.Net Member
So venom does work with Dtalon? Even though it doesnt display my damage increasing on the character menu?

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
I understand that +max damage/+ed% jewels won't help kickers due to the fact that the max cancels the ed and max doesn't apply. However, would a straight max jewel or max jewel/-req jewel (don't see why this would be different, just asking) affect kick damage?

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
No, for some reason blizzard made even non-weapon sources of min and max damage not affect kick damage.

jrichard

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
So if I put just a plain 20% ed jewel, no other mods, into my sin's helm it would have no effect? That's odd considering I see alot of kickers using Lionheart for the ed.

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
The plain ED jewel would affect your damage, allbeit not by very much. It's the max and min damage jewels which wouldn't

jrichard

Incompetent

Diabloii.Net Member
Jerkazoid said:
i have encountered some people who insist crushing from the second claw still adds to the CTC crushing %

i had asked them to test it on me. using sol runes in the my gear i was immune to the kick dmg,, but the crushing came through fine, even when i clearly instructed them to put the crush claw on first on the right side of the screen,, then the other on the left side. still crushed.

but i was sure my amp never could go off when i used as a non dominant claw.

any answers?
Er, whichever claw you equip first is dominant. Did you try asking them to put non-crush in left, THEN crush in right?

solartje

Diabloii.Net Member
jarkazoid, im interested on your lvl9 kicktigersin. if this is true what u are saying, this would be the strongest char ever in lvl9? could u pm, a short idea on how u are planning to build it? i cant find any new lvl9 idea's, and as im starting own lvl9 liga on europe and a good site for it, i could use the guide.

my idea: quest flail + sigon + bos lvl3, should give 6/2/2 speed
lvl8 talon lvl9ts lvl3 bos? that your idea?

ps some noobish question. i never used any kick skills, so no idea how it works.if im right, u always need to charge up 3 times and then u can kick as long as u want? as its a release skill, i dont understand how u can kick for hours. ive seen once a kicker lvl29 and he could kick like for hours without recharging (i think, was long time ago).

not sure if i made my question clear, but ill try it with this
do u have to do charge/charge/charge/2222
or can u do charge/charge/charge/222222222222222222
or can u do no charge/2222222222

why isnt ts +talon used alot? if he kicks in 2frames compared to the other kicks that at 7?

more noob questions: if i use talon skill and it gives 2 kicks, will it kick till 2 hits land, or will it stop kicking anyway after 2 regardless if i hit or not

solartje

Diabloii.Net Member
ok i did some testing, after i felt bad asking these noob questions.
i get how it works now. made quick a lvl18 in open bnet.
still not sure what skill to use, dtalon + ts looks best, the speed is jus SO wow, that even if dtail gives more dmg, speed is always good. might even put him in blocklock.

now about what yerkazoid said... he'es right. it even happens in pvm.
i cleaned act 1 in nm, and indeed, sometimes the charge was released on the first hit, sometimes i killed the monsters but the charge stayed, and also was still dispplayed in the dmg screen. sometimes i can continue to dtalon around killing 5 6 monsters without losing the charge untill it goes off by itself, sometimes it released it after the 3 monster i killed. it works with both 3 charges. (i had the slight impression it happend more often when i had 2 charges on, and when i waited 1 sec after being charged to start kicking.., but think it was just an illusion)...

yerkazoid, how is the ar of dtalon VS ar of normal release? still close enough for this hybrid to work as good as a normal tssin?

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
hey sol, sorry for not getting to this for ... 2 months... but im at lld101 more now and dont usually check here... (and if i do its the pvp section only)

the ts hybrid kciker begins to fail around lvl 21+ when opponents start introducing faster attacks and better def.. specificaly paladins and conc barbs ofcourse. at this point the ar and speed (and interuptibility) of claw building charges begins to fail and takes away much of the time that could be spent just kicking,, so unfortunatly about 18-24 is latent time for the kicker untill she gets war boots, then she can go pure kick.

as for lvl 9 the AR boost u get is pretty good with the charges but DT will likley hit above 2000 anyway on a good vlld build (such as yours)

my def build uses sigons hat +gloves + boots.. i have sigs belt or deaths depending on opponent.

ancient armor with -30% and +31 ar
the sig helm has a 25 ar jewel in it
65,67,69 is the ar on my rings and claw
18ar on ammy
about 25 more ar on my collection of life charms .. nothing like what u have collected

her DT is lvl 6 (2 kciks) and its 1460 ar
the claw swip for chargeing is 1328

with 3 charges of lvl 9 ts the DT ar hits 2354 and the kicks are at 313-489 dmg

the build still fails vs a good smiter,, and also fails vs good vlld 9 sin with low def..

high def vllds she does a bit better then expected, thus the build (i fell) is best suited on ladder,,, its very inexpensive to get one started and it handles higher def opponents better. it was alot of fun season 1

ultimaly they are not as good as the TS sin,, theres really no way to introduce better dmg unless u get amp. so the only avenue u can really explore is def + more life.. and even that gets exahausted as those two stats aproach 550.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Confirmation of TS+Talon

Hi all! Ok i am only a beginner player when it comes to assasins and this patch have not made one yet but a MA-Kicker sounds like fun! I have some questions and apologies if they seem simplistic :p

1) Does charging with tiger strike and using talon as finishing move transfer that dng from TS to *all* kicks with talon? This skill works like zeal right?

2) If i were to make a MA-Kicker for PvM would this skill layout be ok:
Max Talon
Max Tiger Strike
Max Claw Mastery
Max Venom
Max Shadow Master

try to load up high %cb and get an upped gores. Planning to use claws

Thks to anyone who could enlighten me :D

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, first of all, welcome to the Assassin forum. That is the kind of question which deserves its own thread rather than a post in this sticky.

In short:
1) Talon does not work like Zeal. Tiger Strike will not apply to all kicks (only the first kick which connects).

2) You will want Death Sentry and one-point wonders to round out the build. Remove Tiger Strike, as it will do you nothing. You may want to read a few of the guides before asking any more questions.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah ok - just went through the excellent guides by Wildjinn (TS/DTail) and C-Beat (DTalon/Trapper) and they both seem like great fun so wow! Hehe it was enlightening to know that talon is different to fury/zeal :p

Fongalv

Diabloii.Net Member
hi all ive a simple question here...does dtalon have inherent KB? I do not have any KB mod on equipment but it seems the monsters are kinda KB sometimes...any ideas?

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
1) There is knockback on the last kick of the Talon series. If it connects, then it applies the knockback. If it misses, then no knockback happens. (The knockback % is associated with target size.)

2) Yes, kick range = weapon range. DFlight will land you on top of the target regardless of weapon range.

Fongalv

Diabloii.Net Member
ilkori said:
1) There is knockback on the last kick of the Talon series. If it connects, then it applies the knockback. If it misses, then no knockback happens. (The knockback % is associated with target size.)

2) Yes, kick range = weapon range. DFlight will land you on top of the target regardless of weapon range.

hmm...icic...seems like I wont have a use for the giant skull i just found then...
oh dang and that weapon range...thats gona limit many weapon choices if I wanna get range 3 right? or does it not matter so much? Im trying pvp btw...

edit: okok will do...

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
I would start a new thread to discuss your build. This is a rather technical thread, and meant to stay that way. ;)

gonzobongo

Diabloii.Net Member
can anyone please tell me the stat requirements for upped gore riders? This is my first kicksin. After playing this game for almost 3 years im happy to say that this is my all time favorite build. Previously my melee necro took the honors. But this assassin is AWESOME!! Ty for the great info