Kicking Basics

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
absolutley no crushing, its not a part of my build,

i ofcourse have 1 point into claw mastery for BOS
but that doesnt effect kicks, right? ...nor is it a big chance to trigger, and it would not exlpain what is happening in my duels.

it was hard to tell with my 22, 25 and 27.. but my 9 is a whole different story.. its obvious ,weird and cool..

beileve me i would not be so positive if i didnt consiniously check and notice this happening. if u want to know more i will pm an example of what happens in detail to you Nali

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
There are obviously issues with charge-ups and Talon as finisher...I've had it happen on my first Taloner that I'd charge up Phoenix for some freezing and did a Talon to discharge and it simply wouldn't go off, and considering that the monster I Taloned died I did definitely hit (which means Phoenix charges should have gone off).
Now if this effect goes for all charges, the deal with Tiger is easilly explained; all other charges create an effect when they discharge, Tiger charges do however increase the damage and AR for as long as they are active (look at your character screen; when you have Tiger charged the numbers are higher, when you have Fist of Fire or the likes charged there's no extra damage listed). Thus it makes sense that the damage/AR are applied on each attack that is normally supposed to discharge them...and if the discharge doesn't happen, the bonus stays.

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
exactly.. as i said. "i pray.....so that the following ones [kicks] still have the 3 charges on them"

so now that i got some confirmation, the question i really wanted to ask this whole time;
what is the cause of the charges staying on like this?

jumbo_SHRIMP

Diabloii.Net Member
i would imagine the on release hook in the code for the charges is set to the main 7 frame kick and that the secondary kicks arent even considered, so if the hook is not met on the first one the rest of the kicks will keep the charge value....why it doesnt work in pvm is because you rarely miss, esp with assasins at low levels(my ar is always friggen huge with low level assasin) different story when battling pvp with people 3x your size

phelix

The Limp King

Diabloii.Net Member
DTail question - DTalon + Venom question

Hello there
First of all thx for all this useful info about kick damage.

My question about DTail is : Does the fire damage apply to the monster/player whom I kick or just on the AoE?

And about DTalon and Venom: The follow up kick are faster than the venom length (0.4 sec = 10 frames) so... what happens to the poison damage? Does it "stack"?

Thx!!
P.S.: A comment, TS does not work well (luckily!!) Sometimes you get the effect but the charges won't go away.

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
The Limp King said:
Hello there
First of all thx for all this useful info about kick damage.

My question about DTail is : Does the fire damage apply to the monster/player whom I kick or just on the AoE?

And about DTalon and Venom: The follow up kick are faster than the venom length (0.4 sec = 10 frames) so... what happens to the poison damage? Does it "stack"?

Thx!!
P.S.: A comment, TS does not work well (luckily!!) Sometimes you get the effect but the charges won't go away.
The fire damage is applied to everything in the AoE, including the release target. Thus, the release target actually gets hit by the damage listed on the character screen. The release target is the only one who will take all the damage listed.

About Dtalon and venom: The poison damage doesn't stack. Dtalon will keep reapplying the poison damage and resetting the timer if you hit again before it runs out.

jrichard

tidus2005

Diabloii.Net Member
i have a question about kickers does claw mastery affect kicks in any way? or is it kinda pointless to put points into it. will i still get the ar bonus or not?

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
tidus2005 said:
i have a question about kickers does claw mastery affect kicks in any way? or is it kinda pointless to put points into it. will i still get the ar bonus or not?
No. It's still useful if you use claw chargeups i.e. TS/Dtail.

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
would the dmg for dtail be too low without ts?
Ah, you're getting into my current favorite idea for a Dtailer. I have a hybrid build that only puts one pt into TS. Most generally, she simply uses Dtail by itself on groups while her traps fire away. I'm in the process of rebuilding her and the last version doesn't have any equipment on her. If i remember correctly, her dtail damage without TS tops out at around 8k. She's built almost like a titan (i'm play HC and i'm not willing to do without something into vitality). Considering her dtail attacks at 7 frames and causes knockback to everything in range, i think the damage from Dtail alone is enough. One thing, i have a lot of high end and +skills gear for her. Without such, i don't think she'd be able to hold her own in much over a two player game in hell. Not a good build idea for untwinked characters.

jrichard

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
jrichard said:
Ah, you're getting into my current favorite idea for a Dtailer. I have a hybrid build that only puts one pt into TS. Most generally, she simply uses Dtail by itself on groups while her traps fire away. I'm in the process of rebuilding her and the last version doesn't have any equipment on her. If i remember correctly, her dtail damage without TS tops out at around 8k. She's built almost like a titan (i'm play HC and i'm not willing to do without something into vitality). Considering her dtail attacks at 7 frames and causes knockback to everything in range, i think the damage from Dtail alone is enough. One thing, i have a lot of high end and +skills gear for her. Without such, i don't think she'd be able to hold her own in much over a two player game in hell. Not a good build idea for untwinked characters.

jrichard
k good :) its good to hear cuz im planning on making a kicker for pvp and was wondering if i should max this for fun :D

TriForce

Diabloii.Net Member
If there's a TS/d-talon "bug" would it be interresting for a mage-killer to try and first hit someone with TS a few times or does that take too much time?

Thanx in advance

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
TriForce said:
If there's a TS/d-talon "bug" would it be interresting for a mage-killer to try and first hit someone with TS a few times or does that take too much time?

Thanx in advance
Hopefully someone who's into PvP will answer this one for you. I don't do PvP at all. I think that the bug is too hard to reproduce reliably and wouldn't be worth the effort personally.

jrichard

kridebbent

Diabloii.Net Member
Damage to demons/undead

Hi Jrichard (or whoever can answer this) --

How does +ed% vs. demons/undead apply to kicks when it's on the primary weapon? Secondary weapon? Armor/jewelry?

Thanks!

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
It shouldn't apply to kick damage at all if it's on either weapon. When it's from a non-weapon source, it should get counted in the same as any other non-weapon ED does. i.e. added with other ED sources.

jrichard

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
i have encountered some people who insist crushing from the second claw still adds to the CTC crushing %

i had asked them to test it on me. using sol runes in the my gear i was immune to the kick dmg,, but the crushing came through fine, even when i clearly instructed them to put the crush claw on first on the right side of the screen,, then the other on the left side. still crushed.

but i was sure my amp never could go off when i used as a non dominant claw.

any answers?