Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kicker Sin

Discussion in 'PvP' started by AntiTyrant, Apr 5, 2005.

1. AntiTyrant

AntiTyrant IncGamers Member

Kicker Sin

I plan on pub dueling with a lvl 35 kicker,
    right now i use...

Guialaume's Face (35% crushing Blow, 15% Deadly Strike, 15 str)

Angelic Ammy /w P ruby

Black (40% Crushing Blow / Cold Damage)

Spirit Shroud /w P ruby(I need the skill for when i find a +2 MA ammy so i can have 5 kicks, Cannot Be Frozen, Magic Damage Reduction)

Sigons Shield /w IO (High Block, Same skill reason as Shroud)

IK Boots / Gloves / Belt (High Str / Kick Damage / Defence And Has IAS / 25% fhr / AR)

Angelic Ring

Mana Ring (Until i have a 50+ Mana GC)

I use Fade. (I want to use BoS when i remake)

Could i get some help on what to use?
    Please include ehanced damage if you know how to max resists with it.

Thank you very Much
    Main Attacks = Dragon Talon, Dragon Flight

2. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

The good ol' lvl 35 kicker. I see plenty of them and they do their share of the killings.

Your main staple helmet, great mods. I recomend you socket it with a pruby or +res jewel.

You can't socket the ammy. And yes, angelic ammy/rings for melee. Keep an Nok for fire sorcs, since you obviously want to keep your same boots.

Perhaps I can interest you in "Strength" as well. If not, well, both decent. Claws can get +skills that may be useful.

I use a Skin of VM or Twitch. CBF is on another source. Some use that purple armor...I don't really like the look.

You will need faster block for zealers or anyone that attacks really fast. Look at "rhyme" for example. I've seen some people use an Eld/pdiamond/shaeled Pelta. Good shield.

Against physical dmg, you'll want some pdr%. Three common sources at lvl 35 are Rockfleece armor with 10%, Rockstopper helm with 10%, and String of ears with 15%max. I use IK gloves, string belt (IK belt vs. FOH/non resistable, and IK boots. My other armor are dedicated to +skills, res, or %pdr.

You don't need a lot of mana for most duels. Your AR with DT should be 5K+. For casters, it'll help to maintain DF, MB and fire traps.

[quote[I use Fade. (I want to use BoS when i remake)[/quote]

Both are good for whatever condition so long as you hit a vital bp.

30 res from quests. lvl 32 11% Res Charms. +max doesn't help your dmg. You'll want a lot of +17 life charms.

I personally max Venom, spent 10 pts into Weapon Block for 50% against smite/casters, 1 pt into WoF. 1 into Mindblast. 1 into Shadow Master.

With 2x +2 shadow on switch, I can pumb up SM to a distractable lvl, Venom enough to add some more dmg to my kicks.

3. AntiTyrant

this may sound noobish...

This may sound noobish, but i tried putting on venom and it didn't effect my damage... does it work and just not show a damage increase?

edit:
    by the way, thank you for your input
    and should i worry about getting 5 kicks in or just be happy with 4?
    Ehanced Damage does efect kicks, right?
    and i meant to say the helm had a P ruby :confused:

4. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

yep it works but doesn't show

5. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

obiovusly ed% on the weapon will do nothing for kicks. bc the boots are the kickers weapon, ed% used in armor/shield/helm acts like ed% on them.

100% ed in jewels off-weapon adds 100% of the boot dmg to ur final kick dmg. going through the kick dmg equation, using off weapon ed% is not as strong as the ed% u get from DT and TS, but if u go for 20%ed jewels u can add a semi nice amount.

a strength blade talon will pretty much hit fast kicks just as easily as black flails..., the price is 15% less crushing, however u get 10vit and can save 20str stats wich totals 90 more life (u can also use it with a +2 martial arts claw agaisnt casters and have Weapons block) 200ar does nothing for kickers on weapons, nor does deadly/critical even work with kicks.

a small downside to the black runeword on kickers is the cold dmg. MDR can lower individual elemental dmg sources below 0, the negative dmg gets resolved in with the physical. like it or not players with MDR can lower ur kick dmg due to small negligance in the code. its level of reduction depends on how much cold/fire/light u have, and how much MDR they have.

take a kicker with no crushing and add only small amounts of elemental dmg like 1-10 light, 3-5 fire 1-2 cold (psn u dont need to worry about) and try killing an opponent with your 500 dmg kicks when they have soe + vipermagi.. youll notice ur pvp dmg is VERY low (maybe even 0) bc the MDR is lowering each element into the negative.

shields:
    i would suggest whitsans gaurd, its blocking amount saves dex and its speed is great. also it has a nice defence over sigons, (and its part of the orphans set with ur helm)

another option at ur level is mosers shields for its 2 socket flexibility.

another option is an artisans tower of deflecting with its 3 sock flexibility. (good luck shoping, takes about 4000 towers with a lvl 44 to find)

5 kicks is very nice, its a 25% greater dmg output over 4kicks.

items popular for getting 5 kicks:
    +2 ma circlet
    +2 ma 30ias talons 2os
    soj
    +2ma gloves with 10ias
    +1 armor (magi/shroud)

due to ur dependance on IK and crushign blow items, u probably wont be getting 5 kicks. u must sacrifice some crushing blow gear and ik items. my advice is to try to hit 50% crushing and 5 kicks, but thats just how i would do it.

fade kickers are usually very succesful provided u can still maintain 400-500kick dmg, 45%+ crushing and 7/3 speed. its takes 15%ias jewels.

DF should not be a main attack, its mostly for manuvering. the mana cost is insane on that skill and its not quite that fast either.

i alsways recomend 1 skill point be used in TS. there are many times when i charge my 29kickers dmg up to 900-1250 (yes 900-1250 per kick on a lvl 29!) and it will work wonders, the charges can last for severeal kicks provided the first kick is blocked or misses, and yes the dmg carries to ALL kicks provided the white globes are still around you.

i dont recomend vemon unless u work out some +2shadow claws and massive +2shadow +skill gear to pre-buff it up into the 300+ dmg. yes it does work but with PLR and PR u can see 1000 listed psn dmg turn into a measly 10pvp.

6. AntiTyrant

Thank You

you all are great.
    Please, keep adding things