Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kick/Trap Hybrid

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by slick4hire, Mar 25, 2004.

1. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

Kick/Trap Hybrid

I am a regular in the HC forum but strayed a bit this direction for some help...

Does anyone have any experience with a Kick/Trap hybrid in hell? I was thinking of making a PVM Dragon Talon sin with Death Sentry for crowd control. The intent was to go C/C, with obvious points in SM (17 after equip), 1 in MB and CoS. I also intended to run BoS as opposed to fade to attain max FPS on kicking, knowing I will have problems with resists that way but I think I can find the equipment. I also planned on using a blade skill so I am not completely useless while IM'd.

The main question is about skill placement; I have a ton of them left and am torn between something like PS or TS, leaning more towards PS due to having another method of damage as just a few points in DS wont due crap in NM, let alone hell.

Suggestions?

Please include skill and equip ideas.

Thanks guys.

2. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

There's a kicker/traper hybrid guide stickied at the top of the forum page:).

-Dark

3. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

I'm doing a kicker/lightning trapper in HC now, but I'm only level 34 now. I play untwinked since it's my only HC char. Until level 30 it sucked because the only think I could do was kick and I didn't even have crushing blow yet.

But now it starts to go fast. I've played this build in softcore a lot and I know it rocks in hell. However I do have some nice items in sc that I lack now (harlequin, bartuc, jade talon, nat's armour, +2 assassin amu, ravenfrost, string).

I plan on making a Strenght claw and craft blood gloves to get me to 35% crushing blow. Any big damage boots will do then. If you max DS, LS and CBS your trap damage in hell is fine.

edit: I use the build as mentioned in the post above.

4. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

Hi,

I have a level 75 Kicker/Trapper hybrid on Europe HCL. Here's the rundown of her skills and items:

Skills:
    20 DS
    20 LS
    20 CBS (currently maxing this)
    18 DTalon (level 30 with items)
    3-5 Shadow Master (can't remember the exact amount, but aiming for lvl 17 with items)
    3-5 Fade
    1 Dragon Flight
    1 all the rest shadow skills except Venom

Gear:
    - Guillaume's Face (ias jewel)
    - 2*Bartucs (primary claw socketed with Shael rune; nothing on the other one)
    - 2*+3 Shadow claws on switch
    - perfect upgraded Vipermagi with Um
    - upgraded Gore Riders
    - Thundergod's Vigor
    - rare gloves 20%IAS, +2 Martial Arts, 3%mana leech
    - Ravenfrost
    - some rare ring
    - plain +2 assassin magical amulet

I have:
    - Maxed resists in Hell (75/75/85/75)
    - Maxed kick speed with 6 kicks (7/2/2/2/2/2)
    - 50% Crushing Blow
    - 50% Weapon Block
    - 90% Faster Hit Recovery (iirc 4 frame)
    - dual absorb (cold and lightning)
    - decent trap damage
    - ~1500 life

Ideally, I'd like to have more Crushing Blow but I can't think of a combo where I can still have maxed resists and kick speed and good +skills.

5. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

try blood gloves, i did get +2 amazon bow skills and 20 IAS once, combined with CB and life steal. I guess I could have gotten +2 assa too ;)

I traded them for a Nat's armour, I'm not sure if that was smart, the gloves were really good ;)

6. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Read my guide ;)

C-Beat

7. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

So I'm playing untwinked hardcore with a build that needs crushing blow using Dragon Talon and guess what the first unique is I find:

Goblin toe, the unique lite plated boots with 25% crushing blow

Sometimes I really love this game ;)

I might even upgrade them to exceptional since I don't expect to get Gore Riders any time soon...