Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kick/Claw Help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Desi, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

Kick/Claw Help

Well...i feel newby for asking this but :tongue:

For these claws (and any others that you may think are good for a kicksin) i need to know the perfect stats.

Fury, Chaos, Malice, Venom, Jade Talon. oh ya and please dont say something like 2/2/30/40 or whatever cause im gonna have no clue what you're saying. :prop:

Also, i'd like to know how long a strong, but effective kick sequence should be for PVP ONLY.

Thanks. :wave:

2. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

Oh also, if you know the Runewords,that would be good too.

3. StLife

StLife IncGamers Member

4. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

mostly for pvp you will b want as long as possible kick sequence b/c kicks r so fast you should be aiming 2 hold them in place for your 5/6 kick sequnce also dont just consider claws, kickers are gud with any weapon almost b/c the dmg on the weapon doesnt count! :grin: so u can get ur perfect boot dmg v. easy and use ur weapon/shield for gaining those all important mods, things like res on jade talons, (dont bother with vemon) look for elemental dmg/chance 2 cast/life steal etc, these will help u win duels, not an expensive but uber useless grief 4 example...

5. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Just about everything is wrong with this reply.

Please refrain from posting your inaccurate information in Kicker threads. Thank you.

For PvP you want a 3 or 4 Kick sequence, any longer than this and it just hinders you.

Jade Talon is an awful PvP main hand Kick weapon due to its slow speed, if you want the res from Jade Talon etc, then a Silence Phase Blade will give much better performance and have a base -30 speed.

Venom is an absolute must, as it is one of the staple forms of kicker damage. Going for physical damage is an option, but not a very effective one. Elemental damage when applied to melee attacks is appalling in PvP, with PvP penalty, res etc it only tickles them.

Life Leech is worthless for any PvP player as of 1.10 unless it comes from Life Tap, and as Exile isn't an option for a Kicker, ctc LT is too low to be relied upon.

6. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

Aight thanks yall. big help :)

7. order

order IncGamers Member

an umed bartucs in my oppinion makes a excellent claw if you need the extra fhr. it has +2 sin skills +20str and dex and a couple other decent mods as well. low reqs and -30 ias makes it even a more desirable for a kicker.

another option may be a runic or greater talon rare claw with mods such as...

+sin skills
    ias
    ctc amp damage
    elemental damage
    fools mod (+ max damage and attack rating on lvl) ****
    +specific skills (mb, bshield, weapon block, venom, wof, ect)
    2 sockets (put in 2 um runes for ow)

like arbedark said use a kick sequence of 3-4. any more and kicking will become a lot more risky since you will be in the animation for a longer period of time.

8. Silent Shaddow

oh, ^^ u learn something new every day... lol, ive got several days worth here... ill keep my head down and go back 2 pvm =-(
    -silent

9. Arbedark

Order, I've spent a long time looking forthe perfect Kicker claw and I must say it's hard to find. Although tbh I also find that other weapons give better mods compared to claws for a kicker.

Silent, I didn't mean to be harsh, I am just sick of people giving mis-information as if it's the bible regarding any class. I've seen a PvP Hammerdin guide where 100 str was the base str to aim for...

I just like people to get the best information regarding kickers as possible. Kickers a few and far between and I'd hate for one to get put off because they were mis-informed and due to this their build wasn't effective. :thumbsup:

10. Silent Shaddow

y, we no1s going turn me away from my assa, =-)
    I use jade talon quite alot, mostly cause i cant afford silence and other hrs etc + i use bos so with a little ias WSM isnt a problem + equiping 2 jade talons, dwarfs and chasing after fire sorcs is possiblily my most fav thing 2 do...
    i had assumed that as many kicks as possible was best due to speed of follow kicks, and y... life leach is useless... lol that slipped out from pvm

@Desi here is the unique claw stats including WSM http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/normal/uassassin.shtml
    check out 'kicker basics' thread for lots lovely info,
    i would like 2 put suggest this formula: its taken from that thread but i rearranged it into a more useful form

A=EIAS required for break point (for Dtalon follow up kicks its 67 thats all i know 4 sure)
    X=IAS, Y=EIAS from skills, including BoS and fanata etc, Z=WSM
    taking A,Y and Z to be variable constants and X to be the desired out put we can rearrange this formula:
    A=((120*X)/(120+X)) +Y-Z
    A-Y-Z=((120*X)/(120+X))
    (A-Y-Z)(120+X)=120*X
    (A-Y-Z)(120+X) -120*X=0
    120(A-Y-Z)+X(A-Y-Z) -120*X=0
    120(A-Y-Z)+X(A-Y-Z-120)=0
    120(A-Y-Z)/(A-Y-Z-120)+X=0
    (A-Y-Z-120)
    X=-120(A-Y-Z)/(A-Y-Z-120) this is the only line that is need for the calculation,

the rest is for others 2 c, if i made mistakes etc, im also unsure how 2 factor in WSM plenties for skills like Dtail

by using this and inputting A,Y,Z, it will give a figure that is the exact amount of IAS you need from your gear, if u then subtract the amount of IAS you have then it will give the amount of extra ias you need, if this runs into the negative dont worry it just means you have 2 much,

again if this is wrong id rather know, but ive been running all over the forum looking 4 ias tables etc and so decided 2 do it myself
    -silent

11. order

order IncGamers Member

arbedark i have seen a few great rares in my time. unfortunately i never bought any.

i think one i almost bought had stats similar to this....

runic
    +2sin skills
    40ias
    200 ar
    80ed
    ele damage
    2soc

i wish i could remember that guys account name.

most people have these claws but have no clue what they are useful for since they arent suwayyah w/ high ed :).

12. Arbedark

Heh, not a bad one. Although in my opinion, a Fury is >>> that, simply because you can get an extra 1 level of LS, WoF, Fade, WB, whatever you want, along with 66% OW, same Ias and better AR..

I've also seen a few great rares, and last ladder owned a 2/20/2 with Visionary and 6x mana circlet, so i KNOW that the godly rares exist, its just spending so much time searching for them which is the problem.