Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

keyset and uber iz,lilith and duriel

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by lotrfan, Aug 27, 2006.

1. lotrfan

lotrfan IncGamers Member

keyset and uber iz,lilith and duriel

finally found my own keyset with my zeal/conviction pally wearing a dream helm, (still looking for dream shield) but wanted to know since i haven't fought them yet how tough is it going to be fighting these bad boys.

i found all the keys myself and with the exception of nihlathaks copse explosion it seemed pretty easy.

i only do about 3.3k dmg and my conviction aura is lvl 24

i will prolly have my friend in the game to help with his wind druid. not sure of his stats

thanks for your thoughts

lotrfan

2. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Duriel and Izzy are easy... Lilith is rather tough... Duriel more so than any of them... Crushing Blow and Life tap will be a must though...

Izzy's level is very tough for melee characters on the count of Oblivion Knights being there to cast IM on you... Casters can also get ripped apart in there because of the Venom Lords that have Magic, Lightning, Fire, Ice, and Poison Immunities... If you can clear the level out, Izzy will drop like a stone...

Duriel you will find right at the entrance to his level... I'd have a Fanaticism aura going though if I were you... His cold attacks will pierce right through a Raven Frost's Cannot Be Frozen mod...

Lilith is a major pain in so many ways... Her level is massive, and all is fine except for the Vile Witches and Hell Temptresses in there... Their attack deals some heavy damage, and there will be many of them pack together... Sometimes, charge is a must to close the gap with them before they tear you to shreds... Again, Life Tap and mega life leach are really advantageous here... Lilith herself isn't always a problem, but here poison attack is vicious... On my last run in with her, it killed me despite me smiting her after life tap had cast on her... She just had too much of a head start on my life... She really becomes a pain if she is positioned with a pack of Vile Witches... Had that happen a few times before...Lure her away from them, and beat her down good if that happens...

As I stated, you are going to need a source of Life Tap, and stacked Crushing Blow to have the edge on them... Simple equipment to get... I'm sure you know where to look for more info on that... As for your paladin's skills, Zeal is awesome for crowd control, but when you are around the Ubers themselves, forget Zeal, and switch to Smite... You can always clean up later... Fanaticism aura is a must IMO... The faster you attack, the faster you get your life restored via life leach/life tap, and the faster they will die... Conviction won't help much if you are by yourself, but for you friend, that aura should help him out a lot... Infact, that would be a wonderful team thing in The Furnace of Pain (Izzy's Level)... He can mow down most of the baddies, and all you have to do is stay alive, and keep that aura active...

But, Uber Trist will be a new can of worms... I hope this helps you, and good luck! Also, I'd advise you to get 3 complete key sets before opening the portals, that way you won't be gambling on which portal you get every game... Just open all 3 portals in the same game... One at a time of course... ^_^

*Requiem_Death

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Your windy friend will be of little help except for his oak sage, regardless of his equip and level.

Conviction will help you hit Lilith/Izzy/Duriel but they are all level 110 so don't get your hopes up too much. They also regenerate around 16k life every second, so you have to either deal greater damage than that, or have a good percentage of crushing blow to be able to kill them. It's pretty much impossible to leech off them without life tap too, buy a wand with charges of life tap.

4. lotrfan

lotrfan IncGamers Member

wow thanks for all the advice it looks like i am going to be in a world of hurt if i try this out. i guess i will wait like you said and get three keys and hopefully i can get my dream shield by then to up my damage more. also i guess i will get draculs on to help with the life tap part.

thanks again for everything

if you think of anything else let me know

5. pimpadryla

pimpadryla IncGamers Member

uber tristy will be extremely hard, make sure u have a smiter available on friend list in case u and druidy cant do it...

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Versus all three: Lifetap+Smite+CB are essential. You won't need conviction versus any of the three. The point of smite is that it always hits, so the -DR penalty from conviction is irrelevant and you will have the optimum shcnce to apply CBs. L1 smite is enough BTW. If the situation allows it, don't wait for Dracul to lifetap the enemy (lifetap will let you leech life even when smiting), but use a wand with lifetap for the initial casting of it.

Duriel: No problem. He's (nearly ?) always to the left top of the portal. He hits hard, but he doesn't hit that often. However, you won't hit often as well because of his HF aura. Fanaticism will compensate it quite well. Anyway, he's the most harmless of the three because there normally aren't random monsters around.

Izual: The problem are the OKs, as already said. With no monsters near, he's even easier than Duriel.

Lilith: She hits hard. Very hard. Take care not to fight her while succubi are near. One of the two variants can amp you and your survival chances versus Lilith will be drastically lower while being amped. She might kill you with a single hit then, i.e. lifetap won't help.

In Tristram:

Kill Meph first. If you go for conviction, have more then 20 skill levels with it, else it won't counter Meph's aura. Don't use anything but smite versus the bosses. Zeal will not always hit, it can also be blocked and it distributes on enemies around the bosses.