Keys, Organs, Torches, 1.11 stuff etc.

gabe99

Diabloii.Net Member
Keys, Organs, Torches, 1.11 stuff etc.

Can someone please explain to me a few of these things or at least point me in the right direction. I just started playing again and haven't played since just after 1.09. I've found 4 keys of 2 types and don't quite know what they're about and what people keep talking about in chat. Thanks for any help.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
quick version.

there are 3 keys

terror, hate, destruction.

countess, summoner, nithlack drop them

get all three keys go to act 5 cube them. this opens a gate to
uber, duriel, izzul, or illith (new)

each one of them will drop an organ. get all three organs cube them in act 5

will open uber trist. where you will have to fight uber meph, baal, diablo.

if done right you can fight them each at 1 time (preferred method) or fight them all at the same time (suicide method)

after you kill all three they will drop a torch on the ground. it has a lot of useful stats for 1 of the 6 classes.

thats it.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Why they called her Lilith instead of Andariel, and yet didn't rename Duriel and Izual is beyond me.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
na changing the names would have taken that extra 10 min of coding to do along with the added mental pressure of coming up with new names.

lillith has been used so often its not funny. need a quick evil character name use lillith.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, it's not like Diablo, Baal and Mephisto are the pinnacle of originality so I suppose it fits right in...

sbn

Diabloii.Net Member
FYI, unless you have an uber char, or a friend who has one...just save those keys. They do not call them Ubers for nothing:azn: . My first time I could not believe how tough Lilith was. My god, the B#*@ killed my zon and sorc with like one hit. I was lucky that a friend came online and had a char that could do it.

In the meantime, you may want to consider doing this. Save up your keys, do Keyruns (ACT1 Countess, Act2 Summoner, and Act5 Nikolath) and collect keysets. Then trade the keysets for good items.

If you find Nikolath too difficult at the moment, just do Countess and Summoner for now, then trade the Terror and Hate keys for Destruction keys.

Consider that a keyset equals 1 HR, you can easily trade for good items, and then some. Given the fact that most high runes are dupes, you can make a good arguement that it is better to receive keys than runes, hence they should accept lesser value. In fact many people consider keysets to be of much higher value than high runes anyways.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Nihlly wouldn't be nearly so bad if it weren't for the Tomb Reaver bug. As long as you come prepared for his CE, he's a pushover.

What about Olga? Nothing good can come from Olga
She sounds like someone's mother-in-law, that's pretty scary alright.

Rabbitz

Diabloii.Net Member
Nihlly wouldn't be nearly so bad if it weren't for the Tomb Reaver bug. As long as you come prepared for his CE, he's a pushover.

She sounds like someone's mother-in-law, that's pretty scary alright.
Prepared for nih is wearing an item that has SLMRIP: slain monsters rest in peace.

Or... youre a hammerdin and teleport right onto nihly.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
If you can't afford slain monsters, your other options are freezing (perfect if you're a cold sorc with decent glacial spike, trickier otherwise), your own CE, Redemption, creepers or Necro summon skills. Maybe some others, can't think of any right now.