key question

bigballerpaul

Diabloii.Net Member
key question

someone told me the key drop rate was like 1/33 or something to that affect. my question is how do other players in the game influce this? if there were 8 players does that change the odds at all? would it change to 8/33 or just 1/33, eight seperate events? just from general playing, it doesnt seem that keys drop more or quantity dropped increases with more people in a game.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
No, it's more complicated. The chance for each single item from the Countess (except for her special rune drops), Summoner or Nihlathak is 1 in 33, but they normally drop more than one. In a one player game it results to about 1 in 12 to 1 in 15 per drop.

The number of drops don't increase in a linear way with the number of players. The game generates drops until a no-drop event occurs, up to a maximum of 6 items for bosses. The more players, the lower the chance to produce such an event. I don't know their values, but with reapect to the key droppers the drop chances don't get much better in games with more than 3 or 4 players AFAIK.

bigballerpaul

Diabloii.Net Member
So on top of the percent chance for those particular bosses to drop an item, is there a percent chance for them to drop keys?