Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Key Glitch / Connection Issue

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by dairy, Oct 15, 2006.

1. dairy

dairy IncGamers Member

Key Glitch / Connection Issue

Two Part Thread.

First, a key glitch. I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced this, but one of my characters seems to have an unlimited number of keys. I always carry keys with me for chests (It's like a one click kill!) but when my Trap Assassin opens a locked chest, she doesn't use a key. I have one stack of 12 in my inventory, and no others. I'm not sure when it started because it took me a while to notice. I've moved the keys around in my inventory, dropped them on the ground, moved them to my stash and cube with no change...Not that I'm complaining...I was just trying to figure out how to get my tome of Town Portal to do the same ;)

Second, and my main concern ATM, Connection issues.
    I have an active internet connection and can browse the web, chat on IMs but when I try to log into UsWest (I play solely on West) I get the "You need to connect to your ISP/Check your Firewall" message. When I connect to UsEast, Europe or Asia, I can get to the Character creation screen, but no farther (Note: I can't actually create a character). Also, when it cut out, I was playing. I got a "Connection Interrupted" message, then I got kicked right out to the main menu. I haven't been able to get back on since.

What I've done to try to fix this:
    Uninstalled D2, Reg scan (no errors detected), defrag (shouldn't have made a difference but since I was already running utilities...), restarted my computer, Re installed D2, downloaded a server list registry entry from Blizzard and added to Reg. None of that made a difference.

One more thing. After I reinstalled, I was unable to get past the Character Creation screen, but the game did download and install the Patch.

Any Ideas/Suggestions?

Edit: I just tried to refresh my connection and got an error message that says "Cannot renew your IP" Possibly related?

2. dairy

dairy IncGamers Member

Updated info

I can now log into UsEast, Europe, and Asia, create characters, join and create games etc...still nothing on UsWest. The only change I made was waiting half an hour and restarting D2

3. dekrikke

dekrikke IncGamers Member

It's not a glitch, assasins can lockpick, they never need keys:tongue:

As for our main concern, I'm reading that now, and IF I know how to fix it, I will edit this post:smiley:

Why would you like to join all four servers anyway?
    I would only worry when I would actually live in UsWest:smiley:

Happy to see you got the rest working.

4. dairy

dairy IncGamers Member

Did not know that...I guess I have room for another small charm!

I only play USWest :( I tried the other realms just to see if it would work. Blizzard still hasn't responded but its only been a couple of days.

New thought: Could my IP be hung up in the USWest server I was last in?

5. Haggarduser

Haggarduser IncGamers Member

I have the exact same problem. Someone help!

6. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

run task manager and see if a copy of game.exe is still running
    sometimes it crashes and stays logged in