Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kevin Smith to make Green Hornet movie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dorcusmalorcus, Feb 18, 2004.

1. dorcusmalorcus

dorcusmalorcus IncGamers Member

Kevin Smith to make Green Hornet movie

Just saw this article about Kevin Smith and his plans to make a Green Hornet movie. Link

I remember watching this show in reruns as a kid and liking it a lot. It came on right after the old Adam West Batman series. I always thought Hornet would kick that Batman's *** and Kato would wipe the floor with Robin (obviously right...Kato was Bruce Lee!). I'm not sure how I feel about a movie though. If anyone can pull it off, I think it will be Kevin Smith. This guy is a real comic fan and I think will try to be true to the story. If the studios don't mess with his script too much, I think it will have potential.

The big question for the movie is who will play Kato? Do you stick with tradition and go with a known guy or go with a complete unknown? Personally, I think Jet Li would be a good fit.

Thoughts?

2. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

I'm interested in most things that Kevin Smith does, but this sounds particularly intriguing. He did an excellent job when he was writing comics (Daredevil specifically), so going back to his first medium in the same genre sounds like a good idea. If anyone knows anything else about this, post it please.

3. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

It will either really rock or really suck. I was a big fan of the GH and I hope that Smith does justice to the original radio show/comic/TV series. I didn't know it was being made into a movie, thanks Dorcus! Now if they can avoid the Punisher, Daredevil, Hulk, Spiderman jinx-fest.

As for the actors, it's a tough call. If you go with Jet Li or another Hong Kong actor as Cato, that may be good in the short run but not so much in the long haul (where's Burt Kwouk when you need him?). He's going to have to walk a fine line between 60's camp and 00's techno-barf cool. Gogo camp!

Think about it, the Green Hornet is just the coolest superhero ever. And he's not even that super; more daper and charming really. I loves me some Green Hornet.

4. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Who in the hell is the Green Hornet? I've never heard of this guy, which means there's no way he'd ever whoop Batman. Batman would seriously destroy any other superhero, including Super Man. Hell, he even killed off some Predators when they came to Gotham!

5. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

OK, first of all you suck for not knowing who Van Williams is.

Secondly, the GH was only popular because 1) it was a spin-off of the 1339est Batman ever - the 1966 style; and 2) the aforementioned B. Lee.

Thirdly, the GH car was totally bitchin' (is that the lingo nowadays?).

The show was only on for 26 episodes - 1 season, but it introduced the US to Bruce Lee

6. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I just looked at the pictures of the show. You expect this... limo driver... to beat up anyone other than someone's grandma? And Bruce Lee? Please, he couldn't lay a hand on me! I'd be busy running screaming.

Can't think of any other superhero I'd want to see on the big screen anytime soon, so whatever. Bring on the funk.

7. Broken_Rythem

Broken_Rythem IncGamers Member

Green Hornet... wtf? Don't you mean the Kato Show