Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kenny Chesney: The doom of country music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nnndave, Mar 29, 2004.

1. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Kenny Chesney: The doom of country music

For those of you who don't know who he is, he is this bald bastard.

Just to give you guys a little bit of basics of "country" music and what it looks like today. It may have a stereotype of being old bearded guys singing about thier dogs and beer and thier ex wife or whatever, but it acutally has a lot of true appeal from a lot of people. lately, I have been hearing the same damn songs over and over and over again on the radio by these 15 minute of fame type dingleheads. Kenny Chesney is the match that lit the fuse. He has been around for about 10 years now I guess, and his music has been getting flushed further and further down the country music toiled with every new song he craps out.

Let me tell you a little bit about his music. He has stupid wannabe songs that he doesn't even write that are medeorcre sounding at best, not to mention panzy sobby lyrics. His newest album, when the sun goes down is like a wound of the country section at a music store. The first song, "there goes my life" is about a guy who got a girl pregnant in highschool and thought his life was over but he ended up being happy. WTF!! The second song is called 'when the sun goes down, featuring uncle kracker". It is a song with two men singing to each other about how hot things are going to get when the sun goes down. :scratch:

The second thing that pisses me off is that he is so popular, and because of it he is dominating radio and taking all the time away from the good people. The reason he is so popular is because of all the stupid girl fans. Its just a bunch of 15 year old ditzes who think his songs are "cute" or "sweet". A sweet country song to me is "Beer me" by Robert Earl Keen. He sells out with the trends, he is trying to be jimmy buffet, he is 5'4", and he's bald.

Just the other day I was listening to the radio drinking an outstanding beer and "Keg in the closet" by Kenny came on. It is about him in his college days and how he had a keg in his closet. Somewhere in the song he mentions he was a Lambda Chi Alpha. I think it's a pretty much naitonwide thing for colleges, the Lambda Chi's have a little trouble getting chicks, and are otherwise know as "Ram the Guy". So he was in a cheesy frat, he sings to Uncle cracker... I think there may be more than a Keg in that closet, kenny...

Nobody ever, ever buy a Kenny Chesney cd, and if you know any girls who like him, run over them with a seam roller.

2. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

closest band i like to country is the marshall tucker band. and a select songs of theirs too. i hate country music.

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

So basically what you're saying is you hate when genres of music you like get popular.

4. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I guess if thats what happens when it gets popular. All the stupid people start listening to it!! They outnumber the ones who actually like the music and the message, not the sappy cash-in songs.

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I heard the exact same thing when that Achy Breaky Heart guy got big . . .

6. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

i used to think that song was cool. i saw him in a clip of his concert on vh1 or somehting and i realized how stupid it/he was.

7. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

Wait!

What if he wrote a piece, long on vitriol and short on intelligence, that condemned anyone who did not support his particular political stance? How about if he also called a few other famous folks traitors? Maybe he could 'fight for the blue collar workers'.

Then would he be a good guy?