Keith Olberman

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Keith Olberman

What do you guys think of him and his Special Comments, like this one about Bush's trip to Vietnam. Personally I think he's the most concise and straightforward analyst on the major networks, and of course it helps that I agree with most everything he says...

Edit: Concise is a stupidly spelled word and I hate it.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Do news anchors usually write their own material?

P.S.: Post this in that "Freedom Poll" thread. I want to see what Ericstan has to say. :grin:

Bortaz

Banned
I think he needs to go back to ESPN and leave news and political commentary to people who know wtf they're talking about.

I am, however, glad he got rid of his Guido mustache.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, I think Bush should go back to clearing brush on his Crawford land and leave government to people who know wtf they're talking about it, but someone was evidently happy to pay the guy a salary to do his present job.

On a related note, Bush might look pretty good with a mustache.

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I think he needs to go back to ESPN and leave news and political commentary to people who know wtf they're talking about.

I am, however, glad he got rid of his Guido mustache.
I prefered him doing sports as well but I believe he has a proper journalism back ground and that that was his first destiny. Just maybe not his best.

S Z

Diabloii.Net Member
Olbermann isn't doing a bad job by any means. He is perhaps a little bombastic for my taste, and is absurdly fixated on Bill-O, but some of the segments that he has done have been interesting and done a good (if brief) job of pokeing holes in the prevailing conservative viewpoint.

He's no Edward Murrow, but just the fact that he annoys the wingnuts makes him alright in my book.

Better yet, muttonchops. Muttonchops make everyone look awesome.
Indeed.

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally I don't care for any of these shows where the hosts are so politically biased, most of them are too extreme(ist) for my tastes. In other countries they give their extremists guns, In the U.S. we give them a microphone and a video camera. When there is nothing else on to watch I will watch some of the shows where they have guests on with differing views but even then they're not really what I like to watch.

Bortaz

Banned
Hey, I think Bush should go back to clearing brush on his Crawford land and leave government to people who know wtf they're talking about it, but someone was evidently happy to pay the guy a salary to do his present job.

On a related note, Bush might look pretty good with a mustache.
I happen to agree with you, and the best part is...he will, in a couple of years. Too bad the same can't be said for Olberman.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't think of a single news presenter, journalist, columnist or other opinion piece deliverer that I respect in the slightest.

In other countries they give their extremists guns, In the U.S. we give them a microphone and a video camera.
And guns.