Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Keep getting disconnected... duping spree?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by rickcarson, Apr 6, 2005.

1. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

Keep getting disconnected... duping spree?

I've had a really bad connection all week even though I'm on DSL.

Some games are fine, but in others I can't even get out of the rogue encampment.

Is there a new duping or botting spree on ladder? Should I just come back in a couple of weeks when the economy has been completely ruined (again)?

2. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

Hmmm....are you on Europe, Rick? If so, things have been getting out of hand there...it seems like everyone and their loser buddies have figured out how to lag the server into duping. It's ridiculous, I wanna grab them by their lil' 13 year-old heads and shake 'em good.

Anyway, I've been having the same problem...hopefully bnet will run an active ruststorm soon and discourage the phalically challenged dweebs from continuing their adventures in boobular haxdom.

3. mdkkns

mdkkns IncGamers Member

I've been playing US East the past few days and it's been really lagging. Funny thing is that when I tried to play on US West, it wasn't lagging at all. Is it me or does someone else have the same problem the past few days?

Oh yeah, just wanna find out whether more of you guys play on US East or US West?

4. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

Which realm?

I've been on US West.

The thing was that it seemed to come and go, which made me think that maybe particular servers were under attack.

On the other hand, out of the millions of players, for any given realm for any given time period there'll be someone who had bad lag.

In my case I was actually getting disconnected though, which is unusual for me... (lag yes, on occassion... disconnected no, hardly ever).

Much like those posts where someone has had a godly week of MF and they attribute it to having 666%MF instead of 667%MF... it could just be luck.

Alternatively I thought maybe my computer had been infected, but I've got a firewall, and my network monitoring software doesn't indicate any unusual traffic and there's no obviously bizarrely named processes chewing up cpu time...

On the gripping hand, it could just be that my ISP sucks toejam this week.

5. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Well I was lagging on US West on thurs. I thought there was something wrong with my own internet connection until i went to play dota. Then I did a trade with someone on the forums which included about 180 crafting stuff. Well it took arnd 1/2 hour since every 3 item i picked up, a spike of 5 seconds would occur. Well then i tried to craft and it took 15 seconds to drop a ral. I gave up after a while. Today was much better.