Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KB gloves + Tomb Reaver

Discussion in 'Druid' started by psuedoenviro, Mar 20, 2005.

1. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

KB gloves + Tomb Reaver

I was wondering what were some ppls pvp experiece with this pairing when dueling range 2 or 3 melee oppenents. I have a f/r wolf and I was wondering if this combo would help maintain my range advantage before I start crafting these. For barbs I probably will still use trangs since rabies provides a good means to damage ww, but for all those zeal and charge pallys out there with range 2 greifs is this a better option combined with just fury?

2. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

The kb can be annoying as it will be harder to get consecutive hits which is what is going to make you win. For a ranged character like a zon (who does not still remember the old slow kb zons!!) it would work but for melee most people do not like it.

3. lucrativelyrics

lucrativelyrics IncGamers Member

yeah beo is right , kb is a pain . your better off just with the 5 ranger.
    kb will cause you to move and leave you open if he recovers fast.

4. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

In druidpk the only real knockback I encounter in the form of melee is from people that use a .08 jalals. I count two total. The KB doesn't go off frequently enough to be useful, not to mention you have to readjust yourself to hit them again which is useless. Interesting theory about the range 5 and knockback though, seeing as if you can hit them enough at range 5 to make them fly back before they can get in range to hit you, you MIGHT have a chance. However, as I said earlier, KB is too random to make it a consistent thing to rely on.

On the other hand, vs a ranged character you do NOT want to knock them away from you. Putting distance between you and the range char is the last thing you want, because they have the opportunity to dish out more damage.

5. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

I was considering kb gloves against pallys since most will come to you. My plan was just to shift fury and hope that a range 5 weapon combined with kb would give me an advantage. Most ppl will make the same mistake twice.

"KB is too random to make it a consistent thing to rely on."

How does kb work in pvp? Is there a chance to cause kb that a percentage could be given to it?

I'm gonna craft a pair and see what happens, hopefully by tomarrow. I don't want to try clegaws since the slow would affect the speed at which they close the gap between range 5 and 2.

I am just trying to avoid dracs since it has life tap charges. And I have 3frame fhr without bloodfists with some decent 5%fhr/ar sc. I use trangs when there are barbs, bone necros, wind druids, and some hammerdins around. It seems that straight fury works better against pallys and rangers and poison/fury vs those high damage chars since poison can really change their tactics quickly.

6. lucrativelyrics

shift fury with kb would mess you up even more. that knocks them back and then gives them time to recover. (cant walk while shifting)

secondly i cant see any reason why you would want to kb, your better just standing still .like someone said you will just give them the chance to come back for me .

i understand your life tap dilemma . and some people think this is bad mannered but just because some people feel a certain way about a items dont mean you have to live up to these invisible expectations these certain players make ( when in the end all those " legit" people and non bad mannered duelers like lld.com or 76 legit or whatever its called , only duel each other ). now im not knocking them , and if you feel that way your entitled to .

just ive used dracs exclusively and life tap has never won me a fight . never . also if you duel on ladder pubs , think of it as a way to take the life tap issue out of the duel . if you both have it then its fair and both need not complain. lol

but in the end i dont feel its needed and ive killed people while tapped and they werent tapped. so i dont see the big deal .

if you have such a issue with this use trangs . trangs are still awesome gloves since your fury /rabies, and for those high dmg chars or casters use the rabies /run technique ,( switch to poison dmg equip if you have ) for those punks that use mercs, hit the mercs for rabies dmg and let infect their master.

some techniques that have helped me and would be better imo then kb gloves.

chargeadins , run up ( dont give them a chance to hit you first , ) then rabies them , then run not vertically but horizontally . or simply after you stopped them from charging fury them to death. some chargers will back up to re charge , if they do this you win , most druids can outrun even a charger, if hes rabied just run and wait lol.

conc barbs use trang or dracs either or , either do 2 things, rabies and run then wait till death , or duke it out , rabies them then shift fury .

ww barb - stand still with a 3 range weap and fury them.( range 2 is poor in these duels)
    or try to dodge horizontally and run in when they stop.

remember for melee duels always walk ,

against all casters - rabies and run. lol or hope for a lucky fury , 95 % of casters have teleport , pray they have a merc .. hehe then its a easy kill ;).

hope this helps , ;)

7. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

The reasoning behind kb and range 5 is to just keep your opponent away. Yes, your consecutive hits will not hit them, but they will not be in range to hurt you either. They get hurt, you don't. But as mentioned, that is only if you trigger a kb hit.

I put a pair of kb gloves on my druid to kb smiters as they walk towards me. Usually vs smiters I will use a range 5 ebotd gpa. I figure, smiters usually have range 2, and some have range 3. If I can hit them with my range 5 and knock them back, then I will remain safe and he will have to come closer again to hit me.

Although I have yet to try this kind of setup, I think when the kb does trigger, it will help. You don't want to have a smiter right next to you.

Vs other melee I would stick to a weapon/shield and non kb glove setup.

8. lucrativelyrics

range of 5 allows him not to be " next " to you in a manner of speaking.

use the kb if you do not believe me , but a fast 5 range weapon will keep him out of range and consecutive hits keeps him blocking. kb just gives him time to regroup.

only 1 time did this ever work with me , against a sorcy that had low fhr , ( kept knocking her back till she died ) but pallys dont have low d like the sorcy nor do they have low fhr . not to mention when this worked it was .09 heh . LOL anyways good luck with whatever path you chose

9. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

"range of 5 allows him not to be " next " to you in a manner of speaking."

I'm not sure what this means at all, but I don't want a smiter smiting me. With Grief, pure smiters will be popular and they will have massive defense. Massive defense means they can walk right up to you and take very few hits. If I hit him, I'll want him out of range so he can't continue walking in and smiting me.

What exactly is this smiter regrouping from anyways? KB is just to keep him away from you, thus not allowing him to smite you. Paladins have very high defense and very fast block rate. Range 5 alone will not keep him from hitting you because he has 2 frame block, high defense (not all your hits will land) and a fast itd/itb attack that knocks you back.

For one, it should only take a couple hits to kill him and a kb hit will keep him from hitting you. After he "regroups" he has to step into your range 5 weapon again to attack. KB here is good because their high defense makes it hard to hit them. You'll be lucky to get a hit in before he smites you, and if that hit happens to knock him back, he won't have a chance to smite you before you can attack him. Then he has to walk back towards you and risk another fury instead of finishing his hit recovery and smiting you immediately.

This will help maintain the range advantage because the smiter will be knocked out of range and then has to walk back into your range to attempt another attack.