Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Katar question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Jun 6, 2018.

1. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

I'm going to be spending some time over the next few days/weeks trying to get myself a pair of Cunning katars; are there any other mods that are worth keeping my eye out for? I've already found a grandmasters (scissor?) katar of evisceration, I almost got that one for laughs.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

TheNix likes this.
  3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You want it to have a bonus on your favourite traps as well or perhaps +shadow claws with a bonus to fade, cloak of shadows, shadow warrior/master or so. I would also keep nonmagical runic talons or feral claws with +3 to death sentry, they are probably good for the Chaos runeword.

BTW, tier 1 and 2 skill bonuses are impossible to occur naturally because they need a claw with a low item level, but in these places, only those claws can drop that cannot have staffmods. If you want a claw with a bonus to such a skill, you have to find one that can have skill bonuses and do something that reduces its ilvl, like fixing cracked ones that can have them, using one of the 3 gem recipes or the 6 pskull one, letting Charsi imbue it etc.

Claws with a good base speed (and those with an IAS suffix) are even better, but I think that would mainly be a matter for PvP. If it has +5, it's a keeper!

Regarding the question which rares are worth keeping beyond those with a nice bonus to a skill, I'm not sure. I don't know much about non-trappers. Regarding damage per second, I doubt that any claw will beat Grief.

Edit: Maxicek snuck in while I wrote this, grrr. His link will probably give a more complete answer.

TheNix and maxicek like this.
  4. TheNix

Thanks guys, I snapped up one cunning greater talon, but it is just a basic one with a ctc fire bolt. The search continues - until I run out of patience that is!

5. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I wouldn’t keep going for a +5 LS claw for PvM, unless you are going to push to a very high level. It is a lot of shopping.

6. Shuffleblast

Shuffleblast Diabloii.Net Member

I second maxicek, you could spend weeks shopping for that +5/6 claw and not find any. Hoto/spirit/enigma combo is quite alright and easier to get (yes, no joke). I still identify every exceptional/elite magical claw I find, but I don't expect to find one. :)

7. TheNix

I really don't have the patience to shop for too long; my amazon is in NM Act 2, so I'll shop for a short time before I fire her up. For the moment at least, time is on my side.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Shopping for echoing spears already is a tedious task, but shopping for +5 claws is probably 50 times worse. The most I did was shopping for claws with a total of +3 to LS. I'm not even sure if I did it long enough for two of them.

I suggest to pick up claws with the potential for staffmods instead. It will take quite long, but you can simply add it to all those things worth checking when finding loot. I think I found two of them since I started on single player (perhaps 5 years) and I've picked up all magical and rare claws that can have staffmods.