Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Karate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lala, Mar 29, 2004.

1. lala

lala IncGamers Member

Karate

hello, im interested in doing some karate, judo, or just any type of cool fighting thingy. main reason is because everyone seems to know at least a bit and it's a different way to exercise, much like yoga. im almost 18 and i dont feel like learning in a class enviorment at white belt level with all these 6 year olds... can anyone suggest good websites with instructions and practices i can use?

thanks~

2. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

3. th5418

th5418 Banned

4. lala

lala IncGamers Member

that is da sexy!~ if there are videos, that would make it perfect

5. Pierrot le Fou

Pierrot le Fou IncGamers Member

Tai Chi in the park. Nice and slow, learn a martial arts, have fun in the process, very Chi-inducing.

6. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

oh god... don't do that mantis thing... you'll get killed if your trying that and anything actually happens.

I don't know about websites, but I'm sure if you tried to look it up you could probably find someone willing to train you privately in a MA in your area, learning from a website doesn't seem like such a great idea to me because you have noone to answer your questions, or correct you if your doing something wrong.

7. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

I'm sorry, but this is all you need

"The following books teach the street smarts and deadly attacks that will transform you from a clueless victim wandering into dark alleys counting your money to a barely-contained whirlwind of death. Please be careful with the knowledge gained from this article, and use it only for justice. You see, every day, karate kills 87,000 people around the world.* Some experts say that this number may balloon to as high as a million billion before the year 2000, and that men, women, and children alike will soon only be categorized in two ways: “Karate Star†and “Hold on, what’s that in the bucket?†Do your part."

8. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

"Policeman Jim Bullard teaches that the key to self-defense is to love getting attacked. In fact, the title of his first chapter is, “You’ll Never Enjoy Being Attacked If You Don’t Change Your Attitude!†So get out there and really get excited about violent assault! He often refers to crippling combat maneuvers as “fun†or “cute.†His chapter, “Life Affords Few Pleasures That Can Equal The Striking of Vulnerable Areas!†will change the way you giggle when you put your fingers in people’s eyes. Not that you need me to point it out, but Mr. Bullard sounds a bit like a lunatic"

that site has to be a joke

9. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

I'm sure a lot of those martial arts schools have adult classes, because most adults who want to learn have precisely the same concerns you do. A reputable teacher will do you a whole lot more good than a web site or a book.