Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kamikaze sorc (not a guide, an idea that needs feedback) i

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by lumpor, May 30, 2008.

1. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Kamikaze sorc (not a guide, an idea that needs feedback)

I came up with an idea. A character who uses die facets to do damage. If you have lots of them, you can cast a big number of spells at once. And you don't even need to think about survivability at all. The general strategy is to collect items with "chance to cast when you die" or "when struck", and then die, and let the enemies take the leftovers. This build obviously has lots of cons, and not really good for MFing (or most other things for that matter), but can be fun, and will be fun to look at for other players (and it can have potential in pvp, but you'll never get better than a draw). And anyway, who can deny the power of more than 15 lvl 31 synergized meteors all at once? Oh, and just so you know: This build is not recommended for hardcore.

Here's some random fiction. Most guides seem to do it (even though this isn't a guide, it's fun).

Tales of ages past tell of a young woman, venturing through the dense jungles of Kurast, constantly searching for something. The flayer tribes who lurked in the shadows would like to kill her, and show her head to the elder, so they would be treated with respect and rise to the highest rank of status in the flayer tribes. The sorceress saw them, but remained silent, without a change in her expression, and continued walking. She wouldn't even ready her weapon. The careless flayers charged at her, and stabbed her through the stomach. They thought it felt a bit too easy, it was as if she wanted to die. But that didn't matter to them, so they walked toward her head. But just before the chief was going to cut her throat off, he noticed the air smelled a bit burnt. He looked up at the sky, and he glimpsed a quick flash of red before he met his fate. Meteors rained from the sky, great shards of ice crashed down on the grounds, and vicious bolts of lightning were wreaking havoc on what was left of the dumbfounded group of flayers. It was as if all the power in heaven had turned against them. They were all slain in mere seconds, buried beneath the great flames and big chunks of everfrozen ice. The sorceress wounds then suddenly healed and she walked the earth again. She was allied with the gods, and was blessed with new life. She walked on the burnt and frozen carcasses of the small men, and continued her journey.

Stat point allocation:
    Str: Enough for gear, but don't be afraid to put too many points here, since there really is no other need for stat points.
    Dex: Enough for gear, but as little as possible. You will be using a shield, but want as little block as possible. This will also increase your defence, which makes you die even slower.
    Vitality: Nothing, absolutely nothing. Slow dying means slow killing. If you're have problems even getting to the middle of the enemy pack, you can spend some points here, but don't spend too many.
    Energy: The rest. There really isn't anything else to spend your points on. Don't be so picky with skill points. Requirements is quite much the only use.

Skill point allocation:
    There are three kamikaze builds: The burning kamikaze, the frozen kamikaze and the shocked kamikaze. The diseased kamikaze won't be included since sorcs can't synergize the poison novas.

Burning:
    20 fire bolt
    20 inferno
    20 fire ball
    20 fire mastery
    1-20 meteor (optional)
    1 teleport
    1 static field

Freezing:
    20 ice bolt
    20 ice blast
    20 glacial spike
    1-20 cold mastery
    1-20 blizzard (optional)
    1 teleport
    1 static field

Shocked:
    20 charged bolt
    20 nova
    20 lightning
    20 lightning mastery
    1-20 chain lightning (optional)
    1 teleport
    1 static field

These skill points are for synergizing the spells that are cast when you die. the reason for putting points into the skill that is cast is because, seriosuly, you won't gain many levels by dying. And needing to kill yourself when seeing a lonely zombie can be annoying, so you have to be able to cast normal spells. I wouldn't recommend this though, since the burning one can live off fireball, the frozen one can live off ice blast and the shocked one can live off lightning. Of course, I'm not meaning bosses or big packs, I'm meaning small packs that aren't worth dying for. Cold mastery doesn't need to be maxed, since you'll get so much -resistance from facets, and you need a maximum of -199% enemy resistance. More than that doesn't do anything, since it doesn't affect immunes and enemies can have a max negative resistance of -100%. And reaching 199% isn't that important either, since few monsters will have resistances that high. Static field can also be used to your advantage. I wouldn't recommend the shocked one actually, since blizzard and meteor do more damage over time.

Equipment:
    Burning:
    Helm: A 3 socket helm full of die fire facets
    Armor: a 4 socket armor full of fire die facets
    Weapon: 6 socket phase blade full of fire die facets. Alternative is hand of justice runeword, but it isn't recommended
    Shield: A 4 socket monarch full of fire die facets
    Amulet: The rising sun. Ctc to cast meteor as well as 2 points to fire mastery
    Rings: One can be natures peace. You don't want the monsters to be revived after you've sacrificed your life to kill them, do you? That damage reduction and life regen can be annoying though, but with so little vit you'll probably die fast enough anyway. Nagelring can be used for mf.
    The other one can be carrion wind, for the ctc poison nova. Too bad it's not synergized. Soj is also and option, since it boosts your fire mastery.
    Belt: Thundergods vigor has a ctc to cast fist of the heavens when struck, and snowclash has a ctc to cast blizzard, but it won't be synergized, and mayb slow down the enemies so it takes longer for them to kill you. Razortail has high damage returns. Arachs (which is recommended) gives a boost to your mastery.
    Gloves: Magefist increases your mastery level. That's quite much the only glove that has any use to you.
    Boots: No boots really fit our needs that well. Silkweave have high faster run/walk. War travelers only have 5% less frw but provide minimal numbers of damage returned and some good mf. Infernostride cast blaze when struck, but you aren't really supposed to be moving while intentionally letting monsters beat you to a pulp.
    Switch: Real casting weapon and shield. As I said, you can't defeat every single enemy by dying, so you need some usual casting gear. if you want to be as everyone else and use a really ugly weapon with a BIG minus in style points just take take hoto flail along with a spirit shield. But for people with style, choose eschutas temper. I wouldn't recommend having a casting weapon and shield on switch though. Up to 50% fire skill damage and -50% enemy fire resistance can probably work to cast with. Instead of casting weapons you can get a wand or dagger with charges of lvl 3 lower resist to get rid of immunes. If you only manage to get the resistance down to 99%, the facets will clean away the rest of the resistances and almost turn it to the negatives.

Frozen:
    Helm, armor, weapon and shield: Same as for the burning one, only with cold die facets instead of fire ones.
    Belt: Snowclash. This belt fits great with this build. Arachs both doesn't have a ctc, and points in cold mastery aren't as good as points in other masteries.
    Amulet: This is a bit tricky. There are no amulets with ctc cold spells, and there isn't a big need for many +skills to cold mastery. An amulet
    of hydra shield can be good, and the rising sun too (but in that case you're copying the burning version), or maybe even of frost shield (not recommended though). Amulets with damage return like highlords aren't the worst choices either. Saracens chance can help monsters kill themselves.
    Rings: Natures peace isn't as important since the blizzard will shatter most corpses. Soj's aren't vital either. Carrion can be used for the ctc effect. Naglerings for mf.
    Gloves: The only gloves that help us the slightest, are trangs gloves. They boost the poison novas from your carrion rings (if you're using them). If you don't use carrion winds, you can use any gloves you want, even no gloves at all.
    Boots: Same as for burning.
    Switch: Same as for burning

Shocked:
    Helm: Griffons eye with die lightning facet.
    Weapon, armor and shield: Same as for frozen but with lightning die facets instead of cold die facets.
    Amulet: Powered amulet of charged bolt (the type with 14% ctc lvl 5)
    Belt: Foh from thundergods will be boosted by your lightning mastery. Arachs boosts mastery.
    Gloves:Same as frozen
    Rings: 1 natures peace is recommended, and maybe a carrion wind. SOJ is of course an option for extra mastery
    Boots: Same as the other ones.

Now, remember to buy many scrolls and a tome of town portal, you want to quickly be able to come back after committing suicide. You will maybe need multiple tomes.

Immunes are dealt with wands/daggers that have charges of lower resist. For unbreakables, you'll need equipment with die facets from another element. These won't be as synergized as your main element, and it may be annoying to get another set, but the only other choice is to party with another char.

Merc: Don't get a merc. When you die, the merc dies. Reviving him every time will be way too costly. Especially considering you won't have much money after dying so much.

And also, you will probably need another character to supply her with gold, and spend it all before going into battle again. You will probably need to level and do quests seperately. Only go into real battle right after levelling.

How can I improve this? The only reason to why I'm not making a guide is because I have no experience on the matter, and I won't be able to make one either, since I just can't get to those high levels. Thanks for reading

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

Re: Kamikaze sorc (not a guide, an idea that needs feedback)

well here is an idea : get the bases like REALLY REALLY low so you would die even faster !
    I am sorry but this is just..
    lets say you get to catacombs lvl 4, you set up a tp so you would get back if you die. now you go stand next to andy, die, be happy about it, then jump back in to get your body and finish andy off, but hey, those little creeps killed you again, and no facets this time, that sucks, no meteors flying about this time..
    I dont have anything against unique builds, but this is not unique, this is just retarded

3. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, I forgot corpse retrieval... Totally forgot...
    Sorry for adding another unnecessary thread. Don't know how do delete posts though

4. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

For some reason I can't edit my post, so I need to write a new one. In hell a sorc dies quckly enough even with vitality when standing still, so you can put some points into vit, and then teleport and get your corpse back every time you die. With teleport this won't be too hard, and everything that is near your corpse will be dead, unless other monsters have moved afterwards (and the flames from the meteors may have killed them too). So I still think this build is kinda viable in some ways.

5. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

for an even bigger bang get a 4 socket armour with 1 of each facet then hold an infinity, when you die and the fireworks go off the conviction should still be on the monsters. and more then 1 of each facet will only add a small amount to the damage (ie -5res +5% damage)

6. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

It's better than a frozen armor kamikaze imo!

7. accipite

accipite IncGamers Member

i remember someone use this theory in pvp, but i cant find the post.
    if u r in transforming mode, and receive lots of damage, u wont die immediately, but transform to normal mode with 1 life remain. u still able to escape from death, but the ctc on death is triggered in this case. the transforming mode can get by werewolf, werebear, full trang's etc.

8. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

What? Won't 17 meteors go off if I have 17 facets? That kinda ruins the build. Are you completely sure?

9. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

1700% sure, or rather you'll have 1700% chance to cast one meteor ... anything above 100% being rather pointless.

One die and rest lvl would be better use of your wealth, since lvl facets are cheaper.

10. Alzakarr

Alzakarr IncGamers Member

How about a kamikaze iron wolf w/ medusa's gaze?

11. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Ok... What about if I use hand of justice then? the meteors aren't the same. Will only the lvl 48 meteor be cast, since it's at a higher level? Anyway, this build is kinda ruined now, so pay no attention to it

12. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

the ss version would be quite funny, especialy if you were fighting somone with a timered spell.

i say get a sorc max as many synergies as possible, then get beast with infinity on switch