Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kadala 2.1 VS Kadala 2.1.1 - The 5000 shard duel

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by ThormGR, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ThormGR

ThormGR Diabloii.Net Member

Hey folks! Thorm here with a brandnew Video from Diablo 3 that you might be interested in. It's not commented and very easy to understand, so i thought it would also fit in here.

Background -->

I recorded my Kadala shopping tours since weeks, when suddenly Patch 2.1.1 surprised me. I farmed over 50 Rifts after the Patch to get enough Shards for a comparison and here it finally is!

Kadala 2.1 VS Kadala 2.1.1 - The 5000 shard duel

Who will win?

I am also interested into people's opinions, so please tell me wether you think Kadala got nerfed or buffed with 2.1.1. :) Feel free to hit the like - button on my video if you like my work. :)

If you wanna reply in this thread, please also tell me how many shards you collected since the patch and how many legis you got.

( Please excuse my bad english, i am from Austria ;) )

jEj likes this.
  2. jEj

jEj Diabloii.Net Member

Interesting video. Thanks for taking the time. Still not completely sold on the Kadala changes....I wouldn't go so far as to call it a nerf but buff is too strong. It's more like a temporary refund adjustment :D I haven't been keeping excellent track of my shard/leg ratio, but keeping that in mind it feels like a lot less. Since I'm primarily going after ammy's and 2h's at the moment, the rewards just don't seem like they're there. I'd be interested in seeing your results on something more expensive like that, if you have the time.

Your English is fine bro. Vienna is a lovely city.

3. Flux

Flux Administrator

My somewhat anecdotal experience is for a large buff in legendary rate. My testing is complicated by having played more this week since v2.1.1 than previously, and at a much faster Shard earning level thanks to now having M6 going on my DH, but I have come to expect 2+ legs each time I gamble 500ish shards on armor. Previously I hoped for one, and often didn't even get that.

Anecdotal admittedly, but yesterday doing gloves on my DH I got 4 sets (2 M's, 2 Shadow) out of 5 glove gambles. Obviously I'd happily melt them all into one TnT, but these days for me at least, the Kadalable roulette wheel is usually spinning favorably.

4. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Definitely a buff IMO. Was never really "surprised" to get skunked gambling 500 shards before, but its' a much more rare occurrence in the current patch. Gambling Ammy's is not the way to judge since you have so few gamble chances with 500 shards.

5. Nodders

Nodders Diabloii.Net Member

Not convinced just yet . A number of times I've spent 500 shards for 0 legs and even gone 1500 without a legendary . There are a couple of times when I have seen 2 or 3 though .

6. Nodders

Nodders Diabloii.Net Member

Now some time has passed , I can say that the last couple days have been bad . I have gone 4000 shards for 1 legendary . In the weeks since my last post I have gone 1500 shards a number of times with 0 results .

I don't gamble for 2 handers and amulets etc just items that are 25 shards .

I would bring the old Kadala back in a heartbeat . It feels like I am getting punished even more with this system .